Can a believer sin?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by James_Newman, Aug 2, 2007.

1. DHK <b>Moderator</b>

You hang your hat on one or two Scriptures in the Bible ignoring all others, even all others that speak about the kingdom. You ignored the passages I gave you in Isaiah and Zechariah, especially the ones in Isaiah where the literal Kingdom is so specifically described it cannot be ignored.
    But even in your own Luke passage you ignore verse 24:

24: For as the lightning, that lighteneth out of the one part under heaven, shineth unto the other part under heaven; so shall also the Son of man be in his day.

When did this event happen? Who witnessed it? When did the Son of Man as lightning comes out of heaven, giving the indication of suddeness, quickly, brightness, in the glory of His Father with the Holy angels, as it also says here:

Mark 8:38 Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.

and here:
    2 Thessalonians 1:7-8 And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels, In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:

Exactly when did this event happen? Who can verify it? Who saw it happen? It is not recorded as a past event in the Scriptures Bob.

2. Brother Bob New Member

No, wasn't talking about you. I tried to answer your questions and it seemed you were not aware that others on here was using history also.

3. Brother Bob New Member

The second coming of Christ to get His believers and pass judgement upon the world.
    same, second coming. No where in there is mentioned a thousand years. As a matter of fact, confirms my post of him passing judgement upon the world.

You say, I hang my belief on a couple of scripture.
    Those scripture is by Jesus Himself and you ignore them as if they are not there and place all your belief on a literal thousand year reign. What purpose is this thousand year reign anyway? What does it serve?

Jesus must of known that you and others would be making this claim of a literal thousand year kingdom, so He knocked the wheels out from under you while He was here.

4. James_Newman New Member

The thousand year reign is a time of reward for faithful servants.

5. jne1611 Member

OK. No problem. I'll leave you to the ML debate. Talk to you later Lord Willing.

6. Brother Bob New Member

Have you ever wondered why Jesus never spoke of it. Also, I thought our reward was eternal life, are some going to get two eternal lifes? But what do I know.

7. DHK <b>Moderator</b>

It is the fulfillment of Scriptural prophecy--both OT and NT--both of which you ignore.
    You ignore the fact that all the Jews were expecting Christ to set up His kingdom at that time. One of the reasons they rejected him was because he didn't. He wasn't who they were expecting. They were expecting a King, a Messiah, not a suffering "Messiah."
    You ignore all the times in Scripture that the exact word "thousand" is used. You allegorize it. If that is done you may as well as allegorize the entire gospel message. Why not make the entire Bible read as a myth?
    If you want the purpose take it to the Lord. It is His plan; His program. He set up the sequence of the events in history.
    It will demonstrate that even after a thousand years after perfect bliss and harmony, rule by Christ himself, that there will be enough unsaved on the earth for Satan to gather an army to mount one final attack against Christ.
    There are many other reasons. If a curse was put on the earth because of the action of the first Adam; it will be removed by the Second Adam.
    You simply need to study the Scriptures and see what it has to say about a literal kingdom. It is all there. It is God's plan. He set it up. The Jews were expecting it. Nicodemus was expecting it. Peter and James was expecting it.

Matthew 24:3 And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?

They were wondering when he would set up his kingdom, and thus Jesus launched into the Olivet Discourse in Mat. 24 and 25.

Luke 19:11 And as they heard these things, he added and spake a parable, because he was nigh to Jerusalem, and because they thought that the kingdom of God should immediately appear.

They thought that the kingdom should immediately appear, but Jesus taught the opposite.

8. James_Newman New Member

No, your free gift is eternal life, why don't you stop trying to earn it.

What do you suppose Jesus was talking about here?
    Revelation 3:21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

9. Brother Bob New Member

Are you Jewish? You are making the same mistakes.

10. Brother Bob New Member

Jeepers, where is the Father's Throne? You all confuse people so much, all they can do is pull their hair out. Soul going one place, body going another, spirit going another. Again, what rewards are you going to receive in the thousand years? Will it be the whole man receiving it, or just the soul? But what is it, and are you working to earn it?

11. James_Newman New Member

He didn't say you would get to sit in the Father's throne.

12. DHK <b>Moderator</b>

You are missing the boat here. That is one of the main purposes for the Millennial Kingdom. At the end of the Tribulation Jesus will come for His own, the Jews. "So then all Israel shall be saved" (Rom.11:26). He will defeat the armies that are attacking her, and set up the kingdom at that time. But the Christians will have a part in that kingdom and will rule and reign with Christ.

13. Brother Bob New Member

I am sorry DHK; but the boat set sail over 2000 years ago. If God is going to save all of Israel, he does not need a 1000 year reign to do it, He can just do it.

14. Brother Bob New Member

He did say, if you seen me you have seen the Father though.

15. James_Newman New Member

We believe in this thing called the trinity, would you like me to try and explain it to you? It's kind of complicated.

16. DHK <b>Moderator</b>

He can, but he hasn't. So why hasn't he done it? Why did the Jews suffer through the holocaust if what you say is true? Why was Israel once again established as a nation in 1948 after being a scattered people since 70 A.D. when their Temple was destroyed? They weren't saved; they were destroyed and scattered. Just the opposite of what you say happened to the Jewish nation. Why hasn't God saved them and set up his Kingdom for them? These questions, though asked many times of you, remain unanswered.

17. Brother Bob New Member

You ignorance is showing

1Cr 15:24Then [cometh] the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.

18. Brother Bob New Member

God will graft them back in when it His time.

Rom 11:23And they also, if they abide not still in unbelief, shall be graffed in: for God is able to graff them in again.

Rom 11:24For if thou wert cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and wert graffed contrary to nature into a good olive tree: how much more shall these, which be the natural [branches], be graffed into their own olive tree?

Rom 9:6¶Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they [are] not all Israel, which are of Israel:

Why does it say this DHK;?
    Rom 9:27Esaias also crieth concerning Israel, Though the number of the children of Israel be as the sand of the sea, a remnant shall be saved:

19. charles_creech78 New Member

Yes explain it to me.

20. James_Newman New Member

God was on His throne when Christ was on the cross. Should it be strange to think Christ would have a throne in His kingdom on earth even while God sits on his throne in heaven?