1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Can Believers Go One Day Without Sinning?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by JoReba, Mar 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moriah

Moriah New Member

Maybe you should try to get a hold of Newton tell him he does not even have to stop human trafficking and other heinous crimes. Maybe you should tell him of your good news. Tell him he is still an evil sinner and can continue to sin and still be right with God. That is what you preach.

2. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Perhaps you should stop posting until you can post without laying false accusations and personal attacks.

3. Moriah

Moriah New Member

So now, you want to change your tune. Do we have to stop sinning? Just answer yes or no.

4. Moriah

Moriah New Member

Just answer yes or no if we have to stop sinning.

#24 Moriah, Mar 6, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2012
  5. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

6. DaChaser1

DaChaser1 New Member

exhorted to NOT yield/submit to the Flesh, but to the HS..

AS long doing that, He has powered us to keep us walking in ways of God, but whenever I decide to do my own thing, relying upon Myself to obey and keep the law of God in and by myself...

FAILURE and sin will result!

IF we rwere without the ole sin nature/principle in us, possible to live as you seem to hold to,but alas not possible to get to state of sinless perfection in this life!

7. Heavenly Pilgrim

Heavenly Pilgrim New Member

Absolutely one can go a day without sin with the help of the Holy Spirit if one honestly loves God and His Word. That should be the normal for the Christian walk, not the abnormal. Sin should be the abnormal, not the normal.

8. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

HP, let me refer you to three Scriptures and ask you about your obedience to them. Please don't respond offensively about me judging you. It is the Scripture and our obedience to it. Is it possible to obey these Scriptures all the time 24 hours a day. Please be honest.

2 Corinthians 10:4-5 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;
    --This concerns one's thought life. Is it possible within a 24 hour period to bring every single thought into captivity? Every thought to the obedience of Christ. Think carefully about that in the light of all the TV, media, internet--both visual and audio--all sources that put thoughts into our mind; is it possible to bring all those thoughts and imaginations into captivity and to the obedience of Jesus Christ in any 24 hour period?
    Please don't give a general answer "with the help of the Holy Spirit anything is possible." That is not what I am asking. Is it humanly possible for you to do it? for those that you know to do it?

Matthew 22:37-38 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment.
    --Is it possible for anyone to love God with all their heart, their soul, and their mind? In another gospel it also says "with all their strength." As with the passage in 2Cor.10:4,5, can you love God with ALL your mind all the time? Are all of your thoughts focused on him all the time?

What about your soul? Here is what David said:
    Psalms 42:1
    As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God.
    Is your soul so focused on God that it is like that hart that pants after the water brooks. There is nothing else in its mind but to get to the water to quench its thirst. There is nothing else in your mind but to get to the Word and taste of the Living Word.

Matthew 22:39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
    --Do you really love your neighbor as yourself? Remember the context here--the Good Samaritan. It is to help the needy of the world. In other places Jesus stated it this way:

Luke 14:33 So likewise, whosoever he be of you that forsaketh not all that he hath, he cannot be my disciple.

--Are you ready to do that--go to the most needy mission field in the world (Saudia Arabia, Iraq, Iran, Pakistan, Syria, etc.), those nations where few missionaries reside, and few have heard the gospel, and be willing to tell them the gospel. Would you be willing to give up your comforts and live like them--to love them as you love yourself?

If we don't follow these commands we are either sinning or in sin. There are sins of omission and sins of commission. The Great Commission is given to every believer. He told us all to go into the world and preach the gospel. He never commanded us to stay at home. Do you love your neighbor--the world--as yourself.
    Think about it. Can you honestly say that you can go a day without any sin?

9. billwald

billwald New Member

>Absolutely one can go a day without sin with the help of the Holy Spirit if one honestly loves God and His Word. That should be the normal for the Christian walk, not the abnormal. Sin should be the abnormal, not the normal.

Then start a thread for all you who have gone more than one day without sinning. It would be instructive for for us side liners.

10. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I would really hope that I could go one day without sinning but I know that anything that I do that falls short of God's best is sin. Anything that I do out of selfish ambition is sin. That kind of leaves me in a bind. I'd have to sleep all day in order to not sin and even then I'm sure my dreams wouldn't be that great either.

But instead, I rely on the Spirit to guide me, to refine me and to bring me more and more to the point of seeing my sin, knowing my sin and fighting it. But just today, I woke with the sin of sloth. I didn't even get out of bed before I sinned. So today was a "fail" if I were to try to go even one day without sinning....

11. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Not if they do any debating on the BB! :laugh:

[​IMG]

12. Moriah

Moriah New Member

13. Moriah

Moriah New Member

Debating is not sin. Apostles debated publicly, argued, and refuted.

#33 Moriah, Mar 7, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2012
  14. Moriah

Moriah New Member

The Bible says to aim for perfection. DHK has said we do not have to stop sinning.

15. Moriah

Moriah New Member

Amen and Amen.

16. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

Hey, finally common ground! :)

17. Moriah

Moriah New Member

No, it is not common ground. One is contending for the truth.

That is what I am doing.

God bless.

18. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Laughing at ourselves is not sin either. Lighten up.

19. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I probably can. But my post, which you conveniently ignored, was posted a long time ago, long before your little question. So you answer first.

20. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Just answer yes or no if we have to stop dreaming.

2 Corinthians 10:4-5 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds.

5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.