1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured can One Be Charasmatic And NOT Be In Word of faith?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Yeshua1, Mar 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    the Miracle on day of pentacost was that ALL assembled heard the native language of the Apsotles/disciples in their own languages! They ALL spoke in their normal languages, and the Spirit transformed the Aramiac/hebrew into the listener hearing THAT in their native language!

So peter was not in aramiac, John hebrew, Thomas Greek all were speaking same language!

2. awaken

awaken Active Member

Even without unknown in the scriptures...it says the same thing! Speaking in tongues is speaking to God! He tells us in Jude to edify (build up) ourselves and you are tell us not to :laugh: I will do as God says! Praying in my most Holy Faith..edifying myself!

Sorry you think God's gifts are useless! I do not disagre with scriptures! It says to use your gifts in a church to edify each other! But it does not say you can not pray to God in private! My prayer life is edifying to me whether in my understanding or with the spirit.

I agree with scriptures again! When we speak in tongues without the interpretation it is as if we are speaking into the air! It does not edify the congregation! But it does not call it gibberish and neither should we!

THey spoke in a language they themselves did not understand! I did not say there was a miracle of hearing! They spoke in the languages that the crowd understood! BUT THey themselves did not understand! It was an unlearned language!
    NOWHERE in this whole forum have I ever said otherwise! THey spoke in a language known to others BUT NOT TO THEMSELVES!

You continue to ignore the gift of interpretation! IF we know the language we are speaking...why do we need to pray for an interpretation? Why do we need someone else to interpret it if we understand what we are saying? THis is common sense! How are you missing this?

You are the only one calling it gibberish! I have said all along in this whole forum that it was a known language...just not one that the speaker himself does not know!

Again, I am sorry you feel that God's gift is useless! But it is speaking to God! It is plain in 1 Cor. 14 [vs. 2 speaking to God; vs. 14 if I pray in tongues, my spirit prayeth, but my understanding is unfruitful; vs. I will pray with the spirit, and I will pray with the understanding; bs 17 I give thanks well (that is praying)]

EXactly! They did not understand what they themselves were saying! Nowhere is there a rule about tongues stating that a Jew has to be present when you speak in tongues.

You seek a sign before you believe! I do not have to prove to you no more than you need to prove to me that you are a christian! If you do not believe me or God's Word! THen you will just have to stay in your unbelief concerning tongues!

3. awaken

awaken Active Member

So you and DHK disagree on this? YOu believe that it is a miracle of hearing?
    Well, you need to examine all the scripture examples about tongues! I believe the disciples spoke in tongues (languages they themselves do not know). The crowd heard them speak in their native language!

4. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Important thing is taht regardless if its the languages being given or the hearing of them , it was a miracle for JUST Pentacost!

Just as tongues/prophecy was in NT Church age, as the Spriit gave Apsotles/prophets to confirm truth,a s scriptures not completed yet as the canon, but we need none of that in church today, for the SAME Spirit speaks just as surely whenever the bible is preached/taught!

5. awaken

awaken Active Member

We are still in the New Testament AGE! THe New Covenant! The church age!

Miracles are throughout the Bible! God can still do miracles..any way He chooses to do them!

6. evangelist-7

evangelist-7 New Member

NO! ... NO! ... NO! ... He should first get some sound council from da revster.
    Sorry, I felt like havin' a good laugh.
    Still laughin' ...

7. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

8. awaken

awaken Active Member

9. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

How many times do you hear of a woman being born deaf suddenly be able to hear. The video of her being able to hear her six year old child and her husband's voice for the first time in her life is amazing. God heals, just not always in the way that you expect him to.

You want Scripture:
    Psalms 103:2 Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits:
    One of the great benefits of God is the intelligence that he has given man.

Now, that may have nothing to do with Acts chapter two.
    What does is your denial of Scripture.
    Acts 2:4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.
    Acts 2:4 They were all filled with the Holy Spirit, and began to speak with other languages, as the Spirit gave them the ability to speak. WEB
    --They spoke with other languages. God gave them the gift of languages, languages that they were able to understand and therefore speak.
    You deny this verse, this miracle, even though it is so plainly stated. Why the denial awaken?

Acts 2:6 When this sound was heard, the multitude came together, and were bewildered, because everyone heard them speaking in his own language.
    --They spoke in other languages, and therefore the crowd heard them in other languages. Doesn't that make sense to you? There was no miracle of hearing. To say there was is reading into scripture something that is not there, and inherently denying the miracle of speaking in tongues, which is so plainly stated.

10. awaken

awaken Active Member

You never addressed my post..because I backed everything up with Scriptures!
    WHAT??? Are you serious? THis is all you have to say? I never denied that tongues was a language! Just not one that the speaker knew himself!

I never said there was a miracle of hearing? I said those that spoke in tongues did not know what they were saying! THe ones hearing did, because they knew the language that was spoken by the disciples.
    What we disagree on is that you seem to think I should know the language that I speak in tongues!

11. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Not once does Jude mention speaking in tongues. Perhaps he means building yourself up by memorizing Scripture which would make far more sense. Speaking in the gibberish you speak in is tearing down the faith, for it is a selfish thing to do. It is the opposite of building up people.
    Unless you know the language you are speaking you are not speaking to God. You are speaking gibberish which God can't understand either. It is not a language. Of course if you are speaking by the power of a demon, God will understand, and it won't be to His approval. In any case, if you don't have understanding it is not of God.
    There is not a single verse in the Bible that teaches tongues is to be used as a private prayer language, not one. You have failed to demonstrate that; over and over again. Thus your prayer life is full of gibberish and without understanding, meaningless before God. Or do you understand the languages you speak in? If so what are they?
    Then since you don't have understanding when you speak in tongues stop doing it. It is simply gibberish--what you do. You don't understand what you speak. Your "tongues" could be demonic and you wouldn't know. You don't have any understanding.
    They previously didn't understand it. That day God enabled them to both speak and understand it. It is silly to think that they could speak something that they couldn't understand. This is what the gift of tongues is--the enablement to speak a language previously not known to them.
    There are two reasons:
    1. Tongues are a sign for the Jews. They may have been translated back into Hebrew as a sign for the Jews.
    2. Tongues or languages would have been used for another minority group of people (perhaps visitors), and then translated back into the common language.
    --It had a purpose. There had to be two language groups present.
    It was a sign to the Jews. Paul's custom was to go to the Jew first; to go to the synagogue and there preach. Remember, he "spoke in tongues more than they all did." He went to foreign nations and spoke in their synagogues. 1Cor.14:21--a sign to the Jews.
    I just explained it to you. I trust you are not missing it.
    I am not the only one. You speak gibberish. You do not speak a language. If you did you would know what it is and you would be able to understand and even think in it. But you can't. It is just a string of nonsense syllables strung together, which God Himself does not understand.
    God's gift of languages was to be used to edify the whole church. Paul just said it is a useless and selfish gift because it doesn't edify the whole church. All you are doing is speaking in another language to God. But that was in the first century when the gift that was given was an actual language, and not gibberish like you have.
    Actual languages do have understanding, but only if they are interpreted for the benefit of all. If there is no interpretation then your spirit prays, and your understanding is limited. You always understand more in your own language. Therefore pray in your own language and your own understanding.

12. Thomas Helwys

Thomas Helwys New Member

And the canon is still being written, too. :rolleyes:

Actually, in Charismatic practice, that is unfortunately true because they are writing and rewriting scripture through their experiences, making them the final authority.

13. awaken

awaken Active Member

Well, Gods ways are far above your ways...and He says building up your selves on your most holy faith, PRAYING IN THE HOLY GHOST!

Here you go again..calling God's gift gibberish! Are you saying God does not know every language? My faith is in God that gave us the Holy Spirit...which is the Spirit that gives the utterance! The part in bold I have already covered over and over!

No, you have failed to understand! Paul calls it praying in the spirit! speaking to God, magnifying God! I can do this in private! With my understanding and with the spirit.

Show me in scripture where I have to know the language! Not your opinion! I trust God and His Word over your opinion!

Nowhere does it say they understood! I have shown you over and over that! IF they understood they would not have to pray for an interpretation!

Letting the Holy Spirit give you the utterance...is also a purpose! Speaking to God is prayer!

NO, you did not explain why we need an interpreter if we know the language! There is a difference in interpretation and translation! We do not know what we are speaking..vs. 2 and vs 13 of Corinthians 14 prove that!

God does not like you calling His gift gibberish! Spiritual things have to be spiritually discerned! You are trying to reason this out in your mind! Ask God to reveal the truth to your spirit! I have given every scripture that He has brought to my mind concerning tongues! Vs. 2 does not say that God does not understand!

Paul did not say say it was selfish when interpretated! I pray for the interpretation! God honors His Word!

14. awaken

awaken Active Member

Nowhere does my experience contradict scriptures! Nowhere did I say the written word was being added to or taken away!
    His rhema word is for today!

15. awaken

awaken Active Member

To get back on topic of this thread...what is your defintion of "word of faith"?

16. evangelist-7

evangelist-7 New Member

Sorry to nit-pick ... but, let's keep things totally accurate here!
    All spiritual Truths are not in Scripture.
    E.G. peoples' spiritual experiences which totally agree (line up) with Scripture.
    Dem wonderful CONFIRMATIONS of da Truth just ain't in the Scriptures.
    But, they still are True, and they are spiritual, and ...

Awaken, you totally amaze me ... I thought I was the only one with the patience to hang here!
    Some day, we'll hafta raise a glass together.

#96 evangelist-7, Mar 20, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2013
  17. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

18. awaken

awaken Active Member

Not saying that they are not accurate...I just do not base what I believe on it! Confirmation about His word is great!

19. awaken

awaken Active Member

20. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So do you define charasmatic experiences as being what the word of faith , or the prosperity/Health and wealth supporters say it as being?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.