Common Ground Coffee House #111

Discussion in '2008 Archive' started by I Am Blessed 24, Nov 3, 2007.

1. Gayla New Member

Hello Everybody!:wavey:

Praying for Tanya.

Guess I shouldn't whine about the temp being in the fifties when you Yankees are having temps below freezing and snow!

Saw the Oncologist yesterday, will start a new chemo Dec 27.

2. Friend of God Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    *CD Playing * Good Afternoon Menageriekeeper. Your mission should you decide to accept it is to kidnap Tanya, put her in your car and drive her over every railroad track you can find. This CD will self-destruct in sixty seconds. Good luck Cindi.

Though this may sound like Mission:Impossible it really works to stimulate labor. When the funeral home had ambulance service and we had to take a pregnant woman to the hospital it never failed. If we went over railroad tracks the labor started.

Get the car gassed up Cuz. Maybe I can get Tom Cruise to ride with you and Tanya.

3. TLB New Member

lol...poor cindi...i think this kid is going to be the death of her!

what i couldn't tell cindi, my dad was with me and if he even thinks about me going in to labor he will pass out, i have been having contractions and conditions are favorable for labor...just nothing changing too much as of yet.

thank you so much for the prayers!! (and the cookies...the ones i made last night didn't taste good:tonofbricks:

4. palagislandgirl New Member

Good Friday evening all,
    I was going to grab some cookies but there weren't any left. I am sending some warm weather to all you up north since we are getting some of your cold weather soon! I can't stay long just wanted to say Hi and see how you all are doing. I am typing one handed since I sprained my right wrist so I am not staying much longer. Think I will go check the cookie jar one more time. I can't make any tonight since I have to have some for a party tommorrow.
    Tanya: you are in my prayers!
    :godisgood:

5. annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Just popping on quickly before a busy weekend.

I'm taking Lauren, my oldest, to the college she wants to go to. She'll also have her art portfolio reviewed so we'll see where we are tomorrow afternoon.

Then also this weekend is our church play. Please pray for everyone - for health, safety and clear minds to remember the lines. We've had many come to the Lord through these plays (they're all musicals - that include the Gospel in them) and we pray that God will use this show yet again. :)

I'm not sure how much I'll be on this weekend - so :wavey:

6. I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Good morning all,

Waiting for the papers to be delivered, so we can roll them and deliver them to the customers. They are usually here by now...

It is 28º this morning with a winter ice storm on the way starting this evening. We got about 2 inches of snow yesterday.

I brought in biscuits and sausage gravy for breakfast. That's what we have every Saturday. Yummmm. This hot cocoa hits the spot.

See y'all later and HAGD!

7. annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Lauren's portfolio review went VERY well today - we'll find out in a week just how well. LOL - We'll find out if she got into the art program AND what kind of merit scholarships she'll be getting. Pray for lots of moolah. ;)

I'm off to bed - I'm shot and tomorrow is another long day. Goodnight all!

8. Joined:
    Dec 25, 2005
    When did the Coffee House adopt a mouse as a pet? Have I been gone that long?

Oh... never mind. that was not a piece of cheese in the corner. It was a yellow LEGO block.

9. Gayla New Member

Haven't seen the squirrel in quite a while, but definitely don't want a mouse!!:eek:

Wesley probably left the LEGO.:laugh: :wavey: He got a set for his birthday last week.

10. palagislandgirl New Member

Good morning all,
    Just dropping by for a minute. It is 36 degrees here and rain all day! The oldest two nieces are having their Christmas plays today at their church so we are going to go see them. I have to clean out the back of mom's truck; we had a float in the parade Thursday and piled all of the stuff in her truck afterward. I brought in some toast, scrambled eggs and fresh fruit. There is hot chocolate, cider, tea or coffee.
    Y'all have a good day!
    :godisgood:

11. Karen Active Member

I wish it were 36 here. It is about 24, and it is raining ice. Church was cancelled today.

12. TLB New Member

LOL....well...300+ miles today...most of them on interstate that needed repair, over 7 sets of railroad tracks, too many pot holes to count, speed bumps, dinner with my husband & the 2 guys he is rooming with didn't do it....any other suggestions??

13. I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Mow the lawn, Tanya!

Good morning all,

School is canceled because of the icy/foggy conditions. Everyplace in town is sold out of 'sidewalk salt'. I called because it was too slick to drive!

We had to get out and deliver papers yesterday morning in the dark and I went VERY slow. I rolled my window halfway down and looked at it and thought it was still up. Nope. It was down but there was a solid sheet of ice in it's place!!!

Only about 50 people showed up at church and one of them wasn't me. The busses did not run and they only had two SS classes running. We usually run between 300/400.

We are expecting more freezing rain/ice today. Since Brent is home today, we're going to make sugar cookies for Christmas.

I roll out the dough and cut them and Brent decorates them and puts them in the oven. Then we both eat them. Good assembly line!

I brought in creamy oatmeal, hot chocolate, toast and jam. Nothing fancy, but it will 'stick to yer ribs'.

HAGD!

14. menageriekeeper Active Member

Sue, I told Tanya she could come mow my grass and even offered the riding lawnmower and she declined. Says evidently she doesn't want this baby to come bad enough. Go figure! :laugh:

Good morning everyone!

We're off to B'ham today to see just how far along this baby has come and to hopefully finish my Christmas shopping. Maybe mall walking will convince this baby that this week is a good week to come! :D

Ya'll have a good day!

15. TLB New Member

sorry cindi...i'll clean windows, i'll even put a new roof on...but i don't cut grass. :laugh:

maybe i can sweet talk my dr in to getting this over with...i'll tell him a trip to the beach is next:thumbs:

hope you all have a good day and try to stay warm.

16. annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Good morning all! I brought in Holiday Morning French Toast Casserole, a crate of clementines and the coffee is brewing.

No ice here today - just a lot of rain. It's 40 degrees right now. We're supposed to be getting a lot of rain this week - bleck!!

Today we're just homeschooling and I'm supposed to ride later but my guess is that it's not going to happen with this rain. I will instead go down to do some stalls and such and maybe toss down some hay (it's kept in the loft and we'll bring down about 8 bales to work with for the week so we don't have to keep going upstairs). I have dinner just about ready - just need to add in the barley and finish cooking it - I started it Saturday night since the meat was at the end of it's life. I have 2 batches of the stew in the freezer and then we'll eat this third batch. I'm looking forward to it!

Bob is off to church tonight for the play rehearsal. Last night was the first performance and this is an amazing show! It was GREATLY received and I know of atleast a few who came to the Lord afterwards. This next weekend is the big weekend - we have shows on Friday night, Saturday afternoon and 2 on Sunday. :) I will be able to finally see the full show on Saturday afternoon. I can't wait!

17. I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Any 'action' yet, Tanya? When exactly is your due date?

Good morning all,

It is 32º right now and I just got a call that school is canceled again today.

We had a lot more ice last night, but it sounds like it is raining now (too dark to see) but the rain is on top of the ice, making driving even more difficult and we have teachers, and students, who have to drive over 30 miles to get to school.

With Brent home yesterday, we filled a humongous 'tin' with Christmas Sugar Cookies. Yummmmmmmm!

Since he is going to be home today too, we will probably make some Cheesecake Cookies and wrap some presents.

We might make some chocolate-covered pretzels and Alaska Logs too.

We had to buy non-breakable ornaments for the tree because of the kittens. They still get up on the dining room table and 'bat' the small round pinecones out of my centerpiece and onto the floor where they can play with them. They are so adorable...Grrrrrrrrrrrr!

I have been putting them (the kittens) in the utility room at night since we have the Christmas decorations up. They have figured out if they both jump at the same time and hit the doorknob on the spare bedroom enough times....they can eventually turn the knob and open the door!!!

That is where we keep our newspaper supplies, bags of litter and cat food, so now I have plastic bags, rubber bands, fresh litter and cat food (pellets) all over the floor! That will be cleaned up today and a hook and eye put on the outside of that door!

Time for a cuppa hot chocolate before my day begins. I'm going to let Brent sleep in and hope someone else brings breakfast in here this morning. I'm starved!

HAGD!

18. TLB New Member

Mornin' ya'll!

i have bagles, fresh fruit and muffins out for ya. if you rather have something really warm for breakfast there is oatmeal in the crock pot. the coffee is on and should be done soon. the sugar and creamer is by the coffee pot.

Sue no action just yet. not that i really think there will be anytime soon. my "due date is 01/03/08 but...due to health related issues i have been induced at 38 weeks with the last 4 babies. at the start of this adventure we set an induction date of 12/21/07. then i ended up in solitary confinement (the hospital) in October. i was under lock down for almost 2 weeks. then i was sent home on house arrest (bed rest) and there i have been for the last 8 weeks. from October to now we have been on a "wait and see" as to when we will have this baby. for the last week or so i have been having contractions off and on (and they have been making slight changes). poor Cindi...she is just sure she will have to deliver this baby at home. if so, i just may cause bodily harm to my doctor.:laugh:

the doctor did give me permission to be up and about a little bit a week or so ago...however...he said taking a 300+ mile trip to see my husband was not what he had in mind. he is glad we got to spend the time together and hopes i enjoyed it...but...he would appreciate it very much if i would just wait for hubby to come home and not take the trip again before the baby is born.:laugh: he doesn't have to worry...a country song by Toby Keith comes to mind..."I'm not as good as I once was" it talks about the things he did in his youth that he just can't quite pull off now that he is older....well....after the trip to see J and shopping with Cindi, i know full well what he is talking about!

now, i am off to wal mart. :BangHead:

hope you all have a good day.:wavey:

19. annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I got word last night (just 2 days after the portfolio review) that my daughter was accepted to the school she wants to go to for their art program! She still needs to get into the school but she needed this acceptance too and she's thrilled! We should know by Christmas what kind of scholarship she'll be getting - pray for a full scholarship. LOL!

I'm home today - ALL day. I'm so excited!! I've got some cleaning up to do because my FIL is spending the night tomorrow. They moved way out east (about an hour and a half from here) and he is going to his old job for a meeting tomorrow 45 minutes in the opposite direction from us. He won't finish until about 7:30PM so he doesn't want to drive home over 2 hours in the dark (he's 86), so he'll stay here. Unfortunately, my son's room is a mess so I need to get that ready for him.

Have a wonderful day everyone!!

20. Friend of God Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good Morning Everybody,

Sorry I've been AWOL the past few days. We are watching a six-month old baby girl while her parents move. Her name is London and is she cute. I've nicknamed her the Howler Monkey because when she cries she can bring the walls down. I'd forgotten what it was like to have a baby in the house.

Speaking of babies, Tanya I have training in OB from when I worked on the ambulance. With my Cuz as the nurse, and Sue as the tech I could deliver your baby. I'm good, really, and since it's you...I'll even wear gloves, how's that?

We had ice yesterday, and we're forecast for more today. Our schools are closed today also. If we lose power we can heat by the fireplace.

Ann: Great news about your daughter and her acceptance to the school.

The howler monkey is doin' her thing, so I better see what's wrong. I'm gettin to be a whiz at changin' diapers, and getting bottles ready.