COMMON GROUND COFFEE HOUSE #53

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by I Am Blessed 24, Jun 8, 2004.

1. Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Boy Howdy and blessed Monday to both my friends on the BB. And everyone else. Sunshine, no wind, a fair night's sleep after an exhausting Sunday, and 63F.

Wife has the day off to prepare for my son's "move". Think the newest plan is for them to pack the UHaul and drive from Michigan to Wyoming, unload it in my garage while spending about 6 weeks here, then move it on to LaLaLand.

After almost 8 years in the pastorate in Michigan he is heading to Saddleback (SBC).

2. Dan Todd Active Member

Doc - so you're going to get more time with precious grandchildren!

Watch out that your lovely wife doesn't retire - so she can spend more time with the grandkiddies!

Then you'd have to go back to work fulltime - and then what would BB do without all you posts! :eek:

3. Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Me, work? Nada. Zilch. Never. Zero. No way Jose.

Pray for my wife to have LOTS of strength and energy to work 60 hours a week, clean house, be the perfect hostess, and perfect wife.

Hey, some gals always complain that they don't have enough to do . . . :rolleyes:

4. Dan Todd Active Member

I think you're going to work the poor girl to death!

Then what'll you do? :confused:

5. dianetavegia Guest

My problem is that I got behind and then freaked out.... trying to catch up! I've still not completed my spring cleaning!

It's MUGGY here this afternoon! A big storm is moving in (I sure hope so) and will make for nice sleeping!

Diane

6. amixedupmom Guest

It's sooooo Hot here ( 87 acutal 100 heat index) I could have sworn I saw flames down the street :-( .

7. Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Up to 83F here, but this will be the hottest day of the week. Going out to Playland at Burger King for supper!

Got to admit that EATING a whopper is better than TELLING one!

8. Dan Todd Active Member

I trust you had fun playing at playland!

Had a good time tonight at our stamp club picnic - with others who think stamp collecting is fun!

9. I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Past my bedtime folks. Michelle (8) is spending the night and she just went to sleep. I'm too pooped to pop!

Pleasant dreams all!

(Granny) §ue

10. NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

It was nearly 80 here yesterday!

Good morning to all. If its Tuesday it must be Dublin - see you all later.

11. Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Still Monday here for a while, Roger, but blessed Tuesday to you!

Terrible service and food at BK tonight, but they have a great playland and free hack-'n-sack ball with kid's meals. So two hours (30+ minutes to get our order and they got it wrong) of fun with grandkids.

Wife came home and continued her cleaning frenzy. Can hardly talk with the dust and cleaning solvents in the air. We've decided cleaning the house once every 15 years is enough.

12. NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Would love to spend two hours anywhere with the grandbaby Dr B. ;) .

13. Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Amen. Don't have them for long, so spoil them rotten.

Two more grandbabies coming in from Michigan the end of the week.

And two from Wisconsin have CHICKEN POX so will not come until July (and no longer contagious)

14. TaterTot Guest

We are in a cleaning "out" frenzy. Our exchange student is coming in a little over a week, and the cabinets are still bulging with sippy cups and Dora the Explorer plates. But its a great incentive to do some "spring cleaning".

The weather here has been mid to upper nineties. Its really hot and its not done yet!!!

15. Dan Todd Active Member

Doc - how long have you lived in your current home - just wondering if you were do for a house cleaning yet (15 years)?

My question is - what's the use in cleaning - stuff just gets dirty again!

16. following-Him Active Member

Dan,

Because if it is left is gets dirtier, smelly and doesn't look nice. I don't mind a bit of untidiness and clutter. We are a rather untidy family, but I don't like a dirty house, neither do a like an imaculate house, where one can't feel comfortable. A dirty house is not a home.

Blessings

Sheila

17. I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Good Tuesday morning Dan, Sheila, and all:

It is already 71º here with the humidity hanging at 94%. We had thunderstorms last night and have a 40% chance of them today.

Michelle is still sleeping. She will leave later this morning and this afternoon I will get Brent (10) and have him for a month. Shawna will be heading back to Wisconsin tomorrow morning.

Brent and I are going to buy some tomato and bell pepper plants, green onion sets, and icicle radish seeds to plant. That will probably be the extent of our garden this year as we are getting started so late in the season.

I have a picture hanging on my wall with the words, "DULL WOMEN HAVE IMMACULATE HOUSES"

Cruising...
    §ue

18. Dan Todd Active Member

Sheila,

I've often thought that everything in the house should be waterproof - and one should have a big drain in the center of each room.

Then you could hose everything down - and all would be clean!

Sue,

I had to water the plants in the garden last night. 9 tomatoes, 3 Zucchinis, 6 peppers, 12 cabbage, 4 cucumbers, 4 winter squash - all with a 14 quart pail. By the time I'd filled it in the bathtub 15 times - I was tired. Two weeks ago I complained about all the rain that kept me from planting the garden - now I want rain to water the garden!

19. dianetavegia Guest

All this talk about cleaning and carrying buckets of water have worn me out! I think I'll go back to bed.

Honestly, Jim works til midnight but has to complete the last phone call that comes in before his shift ends so sometimes it's 20 extra minutes or so. (NO overtime ever) By time he drives home and ..... Well needless to say, I stay awake for him and it's close to 2:00 a.m. when I get to sleep. Not enough hours sleep for me!

Diane

20. I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Good morning Diane!

I feel like I could use some more sleep too, but doubt I'll get it with the grands here...

Dan: Our rain hasn't stopped yet!!!

I am off of here to live my 'other life'. I have no idea when I will get back, but will try to pop in this afternoon or evening.

Blessings,
    §ue