COMMON GROUND COFFEE HOUSE #61

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by I Am Blessed 24, Oct 18, 2004.

1. TaterTot Guest

I have the fibrocystic disease too. Mine have always felt like marbles, though.

Going to make the fam some monkey bread.

2. I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Hi Tater!

If you're going to use my recipe, PM me. I made a mistake when I posted it. :eek:

Our TaterTot casserole and Monkey Bread were both delicious!

Well the election isn't going to end until tomorrow night or Thursday with 191,000 absentee votes still out, so I am going to bed. I've been up since 3:30 this morning with NO NAP. Not used to the time change yet!

Electoral Votes @ 11:10 Eastern time:

Bush - 207
    Kerry - 199

270 needed to win...

Pleasant dreams all!
    §ue (I hope!)

3. Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Boy Howdy and good night all. Spent the entire day (before 6 am) at the polls as I am an election judge and we were swamped. Had 1150 vote (normal is 650) with lots of energy around a local tax and of course Bush/Kerry. Very tired.

Wyoming is 68% Republican and went for Bush by, duh, 68%! And the added sales tax failed! Who is dumb enough to vote to increase their own tax?

Guess I'll awake in the a.m. to find out all the details. I am truly exhausted, without reserve because of my lengthy illness.

God bless all. No matter what happens or what vote happens, GOD IS IN CONTROL.

4. I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Good morning all:

Well, unless Kerry concedes, we won't know the results until noon Thursday! Is this becoming the norm? :confused:

Electoral Votes:

Bush - 269
    Kerry - 238

When Brent finishes his school goals for today, we will be baking. It is another cold, rainy, day and having the oven on will feel good!

It is 36º right now with a projected high of 54º and rain. Winds are 20-30 mph.

Cruising,
    §ue

5. shawna w New Member

Morning All! Morning Mama! UMMM?? Can I come over to help? (eat them that is?) lol Well, not much to say yet this a.m. not quite awake. I slept great and soundly. Talk to ya'll soon.

Shawna

6. I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Morning Shawna:

If you don't help - you don't eat!

From what I hear on the news, Kerry is expected to concede around 1:00 today.

Brent has eaten breakfast and is doing his school work. It's time for "The Grandma" to eat something!

HAGD all!
    §ue

7. blackbird Active Member

Blackbird will never concede!!

signed,
    Blackbird

8. TaterTot Guest

Hey yall. Sue, I did make the monkey bread. It was yummy just the way it was. (well, I personally didn't taste it, but it DID get eaten!)

We have a funeral today then we are feeding the family at the church afterwards. I dont have a babysitter so I'll just go help out in the kitchen.

Also, I think I have gout. My Daddy used to get it alot, and I have had one episode before now, and it is miserable. I have all the classic symptoms, except from what I've read, its rare in premenopausal women. And in my other foot I have plantar fascitis, so I am hobbling around here today. Guess I wont make it aerobics this week. :(

WEll, yall have a good day. Its not supposed to get above 80 degrees here today. Finally!! Hopefully we'll be having "fall" weather soon.

9. shawna w New Member

Well, Mama, since I am going to the store to get those other 4 things....isn't that considered helping???? I will be going to the store this afternoon or shortly before noon. If ya need it before then call me! Don't forget I need the recipe for homemade stuffing.

It is cold here today and would settle for 50-60 degree weather but since I moved 370 miles south the winter won't be as bad! Whoohoo!

Shawna

10. shawna w New Member

Just wanna say this is NOT a double post! Went to run errands all day. Have been to 3 stores and 2 more to go. I dislike shopping of any kind extremely. All it means is I hafta spend money! Well, laundry is DONE! Thank goodness. I have 1 room left to deep clean and that's it.

Shawna

11. dianetavegia Guest

Tater is plantar fascitis the same as plantar's wart? I have a small one and saw that stuff you buy to freeze warts will remove them after a couple of uses. I'm going to try as soon as I can afford to buy some.

STILL nervous! I talked to the Nurse Practioner I see at the low cost clinic and she kept reassuring me that this could and probably is just my fibrocystic condition and the description I gave her didn't sound anything like cancer. I'm STILL nervous tho. Insurance starts Dec. 1st.

Hubby came home from work early to be with me. Wish I didn't have AWANA tonight but the night will go faster, I guess.

Diane

12. shawna w New Member

Well, I hit 801 whoo hoo! now only ummm... let me think....22,802 to catch up to my Mom! I gotta lotta postin to do!

13. I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Popping in to say good night!

Brent and I baked "Molasses Sugar Cookies" for Christmas and they are safely tucked away in a 'tin' and hidden from Grandpa (who has a terrible sweet tooth and never gains a pound)!

I'm not sure what we're baking tomorrow, but I know we have to try and find some more tins. I think we need to make a run to the Salvation Army store...

Pleasant dreams all!

§ue (cold and rainy here)

14. dianetavegia Guest

Night Sue! Congrats Shawna! They will come fast!

Yum.... We make Grandma Alcorn's Hard Molasses Cookies but we eat them too fast! YUM

15. TaterTot Guest

No, Plantar Fascitis is a muscular/tendon issue. It is often confused with a heel spur because they feel similar, but mine doesnt involve bone.
    I am alittle better. I was able to get a shoe on.

16. blackbird Active Member

Please do wear both to church---and up to vote for Blackbird---Member of the Year---now that Diane has been disqualified Blackbird believes he still stands a little more than a "Half Halelujah" chance of winnin'!! Pass the word--Blackbird!!!

17. dianetavegia Guest

Correction! Diane has NOT been disqualified... as Member of the Year 2003-2004, I am ineligible to run. Dr. Bob and Helen were the first two winners and also are not eligible to win. I can, however, make recommendations based on the 'contributions and incentives' .....

18. TaterTot Guest

Blackbird, you are shameless!!!!

19. dianetavegia Guest

and he calls himself a PREACHER! LOLOL

20. Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    We've been wondering about that old crow for quite a while. Am glad that so many are interested in the coveted Title and the unbelievable financial benefit that comes from it.