COMMON GROUND COFFEE HOUSE #61

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by I Am Blessed 24, Oct 18, 2004.

1. NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Ouch!! I had that problem in a major way two years ago. I still have it actually, but control it by "custom built" insoles that support the tendon taking that causes the pain. It is still an aggravation, but the pain is GREATLY reduced over the last two years. If I knew what I knew now I would try the Dr Scholls insoles before I put out all of the money for doctors and physio.

2. I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Good morning all:

It is 45º and drizzling this morning, but it will get better this afternoon - 51º and rain with 20-30 mph winds... :rolleyes:

I have two loads of laundry, and some ironing, that has to be done today before we go 'cruising' for tins. Brent will do his school work while I get that done.

Today is Bobby's 21st birthday. He has requested homemade pizza for supper (so will have to make a run to the grocery store) and a 'lemon cake with chocolate icing'. :eek:

Surfing,
    §ue

3. shawna w New Member

Morning All! Morning Mama! Not much to do today but pick up the house a little. Lemon cake with choco icing ewwwww. I prefer white with choco. or vice versa. Well, time to do my cleaning.

Shawna

4. I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Morning Shawna:

Brent is done with his school work already! We are off to run errands.

HAGD all!

§ue

5. Gib Active Member

Ouch (sighs), my position in my company dissolved today. I'm out of a job. Anyone want to hire an overweight heart patient? you can reach me at 555-5.......

6. TaterTot Guest

aw, Gib! So sorry to hear your news. I think I'll vote for YOU instead of that old blackbird - so's ya wont get all depressed 'n all.
    I'll be praying for ya a new job!

We have been planning on going to TX with hubby a week from Tuesday for a conference he has to go to. Then I realized last night that I had agreed to "bird sit" for a friend. THAT is what 's gonna keep the girls and me from a little vacation!! Ugh.

7. dianetavegia Guest

Oh Gib, I'm so sorry to hear that! We know the worry that can put on you. Will pray!

8. Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wouldn't you know. If we'd have elected Johnboy you could have gone on the dole immediately. :eek:

Seriously, we will pray. Diligently pray.

9. dianetavegia Guest

I'm thankful you can get unemployment. We've never been able to draw that. With your personality, I'm sure you'll find something soon!

10. blackbird Active Member

Golly, Tater---you ain't gonna vote for me?? Lands sake---see??? Me and Gibby are buddies---and a vote for me is a vote for Gib! It would make Gib feel good to know that . . . that . . . somebody will vote for Blackbird----while at the same time feeling bad for Gib!! See what I mean??

11. TaterTot Guest

aw, shucks, Blackbird! See, a vote for Gib is a vote for you!! I know - I'll vote for you in Mississippi and I'll vote for Gib in Alabama. Hey why not? It was done Tuesday!! (not by me, of course.)

12. Debby in Philly Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Member of the year should be someone who lends an air of reason to these proceedings.....

Who might that be? :confused: :confused: :confused:

13. TaterTot Guest

aw, Debby, how sweet of you to think of little ol' ME!!!!

14. blackbird Active Member

debby---what is an "air of reason?"

15. Debby in Philly Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    A little bit of order applied to those who may run amuck.....

16. blackbird Active Member

There's not much order when you're ridin' the Bumper Cars at the County Fair! The Fair may not be fair---but its fun! Especially the Funnel Cakes!!

17. Gib Active Member

Funnel cakes are the bomb and there's nothing like the smell of cigarettes, popcorn, beer and hotdogs.

18. shawna w New Member

I dunno about all those things exactly smelling good?!? But supper sure does, a little meat, some tators, mashed of course, and some cream corn. Then relaxing on the couch until bed. Dr. found out I have a uterine infection. Now I am sorry but since I just had a hysterectomy, ummm, how can that be since they took THAT part of my anatomy out?!? :confused: Well, it is back on the Leviquin, an extremely strong antibiotic for a week. Then all should be well again. I sure hope it works fast. The fever and chills are driving me batty! Well, rest easy and well tonight and talk to ya all tomorrow.

Shawna

19. dianetavegia Guest

Uh... Shawna... I'm VERY confused along with you! If it's no longer there, how can it be infected? Maybe the area where it used to be is infected which would be quite worriesome to me.

Oh Dr. Charles Meadows or Deacon??? Can we get a medical opinion here?

Wow, Girl! You've had MORE than your share. Praying for you.

Diane

20. TaterTot Guest

maybe its phantom illness! ooooooooh. Doesn't sound too fun!

Well, I just got my kitchen cleaned and straightened up the living room so we can mess it all up again tomorrow (today actually)!! The girls fell asleep late this afternoon, so they stayed up a little later tonight. I have the rabbit and the bird out playing. This is their first time to play with each other. They actually are getting along well. They found some crumbs under the 2 year old's place at the table. yummm.

I am about to go take a nice hot bath. Its 50 degrees (and THAT is cold here) so we will snuggle down tonight!

Check yall later!
    Tater