1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Continued - Israeli-Palestinian peace settlement.

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Covenanter, Jul 10, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Agent47

Agent47 Active Member
    Site Supporter

UN_Palestine_Partition_Versions_1947-1.jpg
    SNIP

UN made resolution 181 which was a recommendation that had to be accepted by both Jews and Arabs.

Zionists on May UNILATERALLY declared the state of Israel 5 months later.

Besides, the partition proposal would have Jerusalem remain a separate entity administered by the UN. You know too well that is not the case. So stop pretending that Israel is a legitimate state. It's not.

I know you have never seen the proposed boundaries of the partition plan so I shared the map. Does it look like Israel honored the Resolution 181?

#21 Agent47, Jul 10, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Agent47

Agent47 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Spam

3. GoodTidings

GoodTidings Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ah yes, Wikipedia, the most unreliable source for information on the Internet. Wikipedia completely misrepresents what 242 and 338 actually refer to.

Resolution 338 is not about lasting peace. It was a call for a ceasefire in the Yom Kippur War. Israel had routed the Egyptians and Syrians and when Israel had driven Egyptian and Syria forces with in just 30-40 Kilometers of their respective capitals, the UN called for a ceasefire.

Resolution 242 was rejected by the Arabs. And was never lived up to after the Oslo Accords by the Palestinians. Resolution 242 did not require Israel to withdraw to its pre-1967 borders, nor did Resolution 338. Your plagiarized source totally mispresents both of those Resolutions.

The Oslo Accord was not the two-state solution. And the Palestinians violated the agreement very quickly after it was signed, and that led to a lot of murdered Jews, some 2000 Jews paid for Rabin's error even after Rabin was assassinated. Oslo was dead within a year after Arafat signed it. He never intended to live up to his end of the deal. What Rabin essentially did was reward terrorism. To the Palestinians, Oslo was an indication that terrorism works and given enough time, terrorism will make your enemies capitulate and so the Palestinian Authority's answer to Israel's concessions was more terror. More terror, in their eyes, will lead to more concessions.

After the Palestinians were granted self-governance, they took over Bethlehem and many Christians paid the price and had their property confiscated and had to leave Bethlehem. Many fled to Jerusalem.

In 2000, Yasir Arafat, at Camp David, rejected Ehud Barak's offer that amounted to an initial 93% of what Arafat demanded and he walked away from it. The remaining 7% was to ceded to PA as they proved that they had given up terrorism against Israel. Even Bill Clinton was completely flabbergasted at Arafat's complete dismissal. They could have had a two-state situation in 2000, but as always, the Arabs and Arafat rejected the offer.

4. GoodTidings

Faith:
    Baptist

Israel did not unilaterally declare statehood, that they did not declare it on their own without international approval. Israel's statehood was made with the approval of the United Nations. And if the Arabs had not rejected it, they would have had a Palestinian state, on the same day that Israel declared statehood.

Resolution was a recommendation and Israel complied with it. Israel followed that recommendation and had the right to declare themselves a state given international approval of such.

The original map did change, but that change was due to the Arabs' attempt to destroy Israel. Israel took administrative control of Gaze, the West Bank and took back ownership of Jerusalem in response to a war of annihilation launched by the Arabs.

Why do you take a blind eye to the Arabic goal of Israel's destruction and the terrorism committed against Israel? Do support such attempts at destroying Israel since you say Israel is illegitimate?

5. Covenanter

Covenanter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    From the "Times of Israel"

Court okays demolition of 100 East Jerusalem homes under Palestinian control

6. GoodTidings

Faith:
    Baptist
  7. Agent47

Agent47 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Either you are a troll or illiterate.....or both

I shared Resolution 181 which you have never read, educated you on the meaning of the word recommendation, and here you are bleating the same racist propaganda.
    You are not interested in facts, just making as many comments as possible.

Adios

8. GoodTidings

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have read it. I have read it many times. And it reflects the will of the international community that grants Israel membership in the community of nations.

Nothing I have said is racist. Again, that is the same libel that you post when you don't have anything of substance to say.

I am well versed on the facts. I am familiar enough with them not to buy into your perversion of the facts. You have not educated me on anything, so don't flatter yourself. I know far more about this subject than you do.

9. Agent47

Agent47 Active Member
    Site Supporter

UN has never created countries. Your thirty years of ignorance is showing

If you had read it you would not have stammered to drop the figures I asked for. I forgive your ignorance. You can take pride in the fact that you are not alone

10. GoodTidings

Faith:
    Baptist
    I didn't say that the UN created countries. Your problem is that you respond to what you think I believe.

I have not stammered at all. I simply reflect history and not the history revisionism that you represent. I have read the resolution many times and as I said, it reflects the will of the international community for Israel to become a state. It is that resolution that legitimizes Israel's existence. You choose the Arab narrative that says that Israel's existence is a disaster.

Do you support Islamic terrorism aimed at destroying Israel?

11. Agent47

Agent47 Active Member
    Site Supporter

You don’t even know how Israel came into being and you have been studying for 30 years. What a shame!

In the shut thread you claimed Britain set a Israel boundaries. Ignorance is not a virtue

Zionists picked whatever lands they wanted and declared them state of a Israel in total disregard to UN or any law and in total disregard to the existing Arab communities whom they ethnically cleansed.

Later you claimed Israel was created by UN.
    Now you are so confused you don’t even recall what you said. How old are you?

12. GoodTidings

Faith:
    Baptist
    Of course I do. You are operating from a false version of history, though.

They did. The original region of Palestine was much, much larger. Britain took 75% of Palestine to the Arabs and created the state of Trans-Jordan. That left the remaining 25% which is what are dealing with today. I did not say that Britain set the partition boundaries, though.

That is not true. The Zionist purchased the land they settled which not inhabited and which no one wanted. They did not displace anyone. In fact most of the ethnicities lived along the coastal lines and in the main population centers when the land was purchased and settled.

No, that is not what my statement really said. I said that the UN conferred statehood upon Israel. It reflects the will of the international community to allow Israel exist as a nation. The international community, minus the Arab community recognized the right of Israel to exist.

I recall what I said perfectly. The problem here is that you are taking my words assigning values to them that I did not intend to communicate. You put the lie into my mouth and then argue against it.

13. Agent47

Agent47 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Bla bla

You have the UNSCOP report showing you land ownership between Arabs and Jews in Palestine. Jews bought or owned 7% by end of 1947. Arabs owned 85%. Why are you bleating lies? I thought this is a ‘christian’ Board

“Conferred” means giving, which means UN gave Zionists ‘statehood’,or state of being a State. So what’s that if not making Israel?

14. GoodTidings

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you support Islamic terrorism that seeks to annihilate Israel on the grounds that Israel is illegitimate should not exist?

• Useful Useful x 1
  15. Agent47

Agent47 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Do you support Zionist terrorism in Gaza and West Bank?

16. GoodTidings

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is no terrorism committed by Israel in the West Bank.

But since you deny Israel's right to exist, do you support the terrorism that is aimed at wiping out Israel's existence?

17. Agent47

Agent47 Active Member
    Site Supporter

There is no ‘islamic terrorism’ in Gaza and West Bank. If you have proof please share it and define terrorism while at it

Here is UN indicting Zionists of war crimes.
    UN Independent Commission of Inquiry on Protests in Gaza Presents its Findings - Press Release - Question of Palestine
    Its a shame that ‘christians’ or Christian wannabes support terrorism

18. GoodTidings

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Palestinian rocket attacks, bus bombings, and ambushes of Jewish families, the bombing of Jewish restaurants, and the call for more terrorism by Imams in mosques that sit on Israeli soil are all examples of Isalmic terror being perpetrated upon Israel in and from the West Bank and Gaza. You also have the terror tunnels meant to bring Hamas terrorists into close proximity to Israeli targets. To say there is no terror in the West Bank and Gaza amounts to intellectual suicide.

The UN is owned by Islam. It is not the same international body that existed when Roosevelt created it. Today, the UN is made up of Islamic countries, most of whom support terrorism against Israel and much of the international community sympathizes with the Islamic hatred of Israel.

So, it is not surprising given how evil and satanic that Islam is, that it labels any and all defensive countermeasures Israel employs as "war crimes" or "crimes against humanity." This in spite of the fact that Israel's humanitarian record is far better than most countries of the Islamic world.

In Islam, terrorism is righteous and praiseworthy and any attempt to resist or thwart it, to retaliate against it is a crime.

So I don't put any stock in what the UN says about Israel. The UN has more resolutions against Israel than any other nation and that reflects the inherent problem with Islam and Islamic countries, most if not all, which support the destruction of Israel. The Islamic definition of a war crime is any attempt to defend oneself from Islamic terrorism.

There are very few if any resolutions against Palestinian/Islamic terrorism against Israel. In fact, as long as the target is Israel, actions that are normally considered "terrorism" are not considered terrorist attacks at all.

Islam is a plague on the world that needs to be eradicated. And one day when the Lord returns, Islam will be destroyed and may God speed that day, Alleluia.

19. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Another troll post.

20. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
Thread Status: