1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Continued - Israeli-Palestinian peace settlement.

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Covenanter, Jul 10, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Agent47

Agent47 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Israel has killed more children and women in Gaza and has been severally indicted of war crimes. That’s terrorism right there. Of course Arabs are children of a lesser God to racists so I understand this selective amnesia

2. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    In regards to the claim that there is no Islamic terrorism against Israel, I have a friend who operates a ministry feeding hungry Israeli children: www.israeltodayministries.org. (It is not widely known that there are many poor immigrants and others in Israel.) He has been to Israel many times, and gives first hand accounts of the rockets from the Islamists which often fall daily on the border settlements of Israel. Those Israelis must be on constant readiness to flee to shelters at any time of the day. Many Israeli children are terribly traumatized by this, and some shake and weep uncontrollably when the rockets come.

I do not support everything the secular Israeli state does, and do not believe it is a complete fulfillment of prophecy. Anyone who thinks there is not Islamic terrorism against Israel is mistaken, perhaps willfully. "Judge righteous judgment."

3. Agent47

Agent47 Active Member
    Site Supporter

If anyone can deny Israeli terrorism or war crimes against Gazans then I have no problem denying existence of Islamic terrorism. :Biggrin

I really wonder how Christian Arabs in Gaza feel about their faith seeing they share it with some who cheer their massacre.

4. GoodTidings

GoodTidings Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Your accounting isn't quite accurate. There is more to the story than you know.

In 1922, the British government was tasked with facilitating the establishment of a home for the Jewish people in Palestine. The British government, under heavy influence from the Arab nations, in whom the British held oil interests, re-interpreted the mandate to mean that not all of Palestine would be a home for the Jews. The British government gave all of Palestine east of the Jordan river, their allies, the Husseinis who were allies of Hitler.

The remaining 25% would house the Jewish nation, but that was subsequently split and about 13% of the remaining amount became the state of Israel. The West Bank and Gaza are the last remaining parts of the Mandate that have not become part of any sovereign entity.

The Jews, by 1947 had been through the Holocaust, and the British government had severely restricted Jewish immigration to the Holy Land. Many Jews tried to escape Hitler by going to what was called "Palestine" at the time, but the British would not allow it, and this resulted in far higher Jewish casualty rates in the Holocaust.

The Arabs didn't get less land than the Jews. They got more. The Arabs in the region of Palestine first received 75% of Palestine in addition to the 13% given to them for a Palestinian state. So call in all, the Arabs received 88% of Palestine and the Jews got 13% of Palestine.

Conferred doesn't mean "make." They recognized Israel's right as a sovereign nation and as a result Israel declared their nationhood on May 14, 1948. They did not single handedly make Israel a nation, but they recognized it as such, nonetheless. UN Res. 181 is one of four reasons that Israel is a legitimate nation.

5. GoodTidings

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually, it is the Christian Arabs in Gaza who are brutalized by the Arab terrorists like Hamas. The PLO drove Christians from their homes in Bethlehem. Christians have been under severe persecution from the Muslims and have been on the receiving end of terrorism from the Muslims, not Israel.

6. Agent47

Agent47 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Rubbish.

Conferring means giving. Simple

Britain promised Jews a state in exchange for support during the war. They also promised the same to Arabs. Jews wanted an ethnically pure state in an area that had Arabs who wanted a state over the same place. The two place is known as Palestine. Confused and unable to keep their promise, they handed this to UN which formed UNSCOP whose report you have never read until I shared them here. Note, of all British colonies/Mandate, it is only Palestine that was denied self determination.

UNSCOP recommended two states and they drew the maps I shared. It was upon the Jews and Arabs to accept the recommendations as right to self determination is held by people and not UN.

Israel unilateral declared its own state and trashed USCOP recommendations. Arabs rejected this unilateral declaration hence the war.

Israel has no right to exist. But it did. Explains why they experience all this hostility. Sodom and Egypt will never know peace for the 1948 violent fraud. They may buy and develop all weapon th they know but they will never know peace. No amount of praying can heal them.

#46 Agent47, Jul 11, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
  7. GoodTidings

Faith:
    Baptist
    The reason those children died in Gaza is because Hamas purposefully uses them as human shields. They attack Israel and when Israel responds, children and other helpless people are forced by Hamas to stand by or are tied to military targets. Hamas uses innocent noncombatants as cannon fodder.

Israel does what it can to minimize the death of innocents, but Hamas does all it can to maximize the deaths of innocents, denies them medical care in order to ramp up the causality and fatality rates.

The direct cause for so many deaths is Hamas and their cruel use of their own people as human shields.

The war crimes are being committed by Hamas and other terrorist groups who also use civilians as human shields.

8. Agent47

Agent47 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Christian & Muslim Arabs and Jews all lived together in harmony in Palestine until the Zionism philosophy caught up with the holy land. Zionism is worse than racism because it has a veneer of religion to it

9. GoodTidings

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am not going to get into a parsing war with you.

Britain betrayed the Jews and gave most of Palestine to the Arabs.

That is a falsehood.

10. GoodTidings

Faith:
    Baptist
    Zionism has no religious veneer. Zionism is a secular concept and was brought into existence by non-religious Jews.
    And I don't trust terrorist organizations like the UN.

11. Agent47

Agent47 Active Member
    Site Supporter

The basis for Zionism is religion and nothing else.

I know you only trust Fox News and Trump:p

Seriously, I want Iran to get that nuclear weapon. Nuclear weapons are the only way to earn and keep respect. North Korea has survived this far only because of nuclear weapons. Russia would have been annihilated long before you were born but for their nuclear weapons. Should Iran get that bomb, plus newer military gear from Russia, they won’t have to beg Zionists to be respected.
    Imagine Houthis fired a missile all the way from Yemen to Riyadh. If they get a few more from Iran, then Saudis will let them be.

12. GoodTidings

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, it is not. Most of the Zionists were not religious at all. Israel was found by Atheists and Agnostics, not by religious Jews. Herschel, who founded Zionism was not religious at all.

No, I simply do not trust anything the UN says because it is run by the Muslims, who are not trustworthy people, but are liars and who worship a demon.

I can imagine you are hoping Iran uses their nuke on Israel. That's your real hope.

13. Agent47

Agent47 Active Member
    Site Supporter

You’d make a pathetic amateur comedian. All Arab colonies of Britain had majority Arabs. Palestine was no different. Zionists had to spread Zionism propaganda to encourage emigration to Palestine to justify their claims. And even after all that plus land buying, they only made 30% of a Palestine owning 7% land. Britain never interfered with land ownership in Palestine, they let Jews and Arabs be. So there was no Britain giving land to Arabs.

14. Agent47

Agent47 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Imperialism responds to nothing but nuclear weapon. I want Iran to chart their own course just like America is doing. All humans should be free to do that,right?

15. GoodTidings

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's what I mean when I talk about history revisionism.

16. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    unless they are a terrorist state

17. GoodTidings

Faith:
    Baptist
    What Imperialism?

Iran's course is terrorism and destruction. Iran should not be allowed to chart that course.

Are you a Muslim?

18. Agent47

Agent47 Active Member
    Site Supporter

One man’s terrorist is another man’s freedom fighter. To Iraqis US is a terrorist state

19. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Surely we should all be on a search for the truth, even in this difficult subject. You appear to be calling my friend a liar. That is not productive.

20. Agent47

Agent47 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Look for a good dictionary to understand these vocabularies

Why would you think I’m a Muslim?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.