Did God Create Evil and Sin for His Glory?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by beloved57, Feb 6, 2007.

1. johnp. New Member

I think Bob is true to himself and God makes use of him by giving us a platform to speak His word. Gives thanks man. :) Give thanks and you only need skim Bob's stuff because as sure as day follows night you will see the same old routine come around again and again.
    I caught him with three questions sometime ago that he refused to answer. I hope he reminds me what they were. Might be he cut'n'saved them?

john.

2. beloved57 Member

John, I do thank God for the opportunity to present His word, but I don't hold back calling a spade a spade. I usually do not last to long on these forums, because men love darkness rather than light...

3. Amy.G New Member

My apologies John. I don't usually type in all caps. I wasn't shouting. I don't know why I did that.:1_grouphug:

4. Amy.G New Member

So, all of us that disagree with your theology love darkness? You are very judgemental and I can see why you don't last long on forums with your unchristian attitude.

Matthew 7:2 (New King James Version)
    2 For with what judgment you judge, you will be judged; and with the measure you use, it will be measured back to you.

Matthew 7:5 (New King James Version)
    5 Hypocrite! First remove the plank from your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.

5. beloved57 Member

amy says

Yep...I believe the truth..

6. Amy.G New Member

:wavey: .........

7. johnp. New Member

Hello AmyG.

Not a second thought God did it. :) This is what is so good about my faith. I trace all things that happen to me back to God, how is it possible for me to hold a grudge when I know that it was God, not the person as first cause? It's the only way to love your neighbour. It is my belief that this is the only way that there is where we can truly hold no record of wrongs against others, if we know it is not them in the first place.

john.

8. beloved57 Member

john, I looked at your church website and seen some of the affiliations, some of those denominations are apostate man, do you realize that ?

9. johnp. New Member

What, the Baptist Union of Great Britain? :)

Pope John Paul II

A statement from the Revd David Coffey, Moderator of the Free Churches Group and General Secretary of the Baptist Union of Great Britain on the death of Pope John Paul II

‘Pope John Paul II endeared himself to Christians far beyond his own communion by his firm courage and intellectual clarity in presenting the moral challenges facing a rapidly changing world.

His unshakable faith in the Gospel and his prayer-filled spirituality, forged under the oppressive regime of Communism, contributed an indomitable quality to his faith and leadership.

His tireless journeying to all parts of the world, not least in these recent years of frail health, demonstrate his lifelong commitment to spend himself sacrificially in Christian service, which is the genuine mark of all true followers of Jesus Christ.

History will surely judge this to be one of the most significant pontificates in centuries.’ end of statement.

And when a Church has shepherds like that who needs wolves? Beat that. :)

I am a reformer, it's in my blood beloved.

john.

10. BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    B57 marches to the tune of his own drummer - and that tune contains a lot of vitriol and slander -- but very little fact and even less scripture.

When pressed his argument quickly leaves the field of reason and scripture and simply whines. I am not sure that you are going to get a lot of substance out of pressing him on that point.

It has yet to be shown that anyone has.

In Christ,

Bob

11. BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Amen!

Preach it!

In Christ,

Bob

12. BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    JohnP returns to his old format - quoting "half sentences" and "3 word snips" so as not to actually respond to the argument given ---

Then ends with

John your methods are very "instructive" for the reader when it comes to evaluating your position.

In Christ,

Bob

13. BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Since John has reduced himself to only allowing 3 word snips from the posts that disprove his views --

Text please.

Oh! you have NO TEXT using that as a definition for sovereign????

How surprising.

So you "just made it up then"???

How instructive.

By "contrast" we have "actual scripture" as in Acts 5 --
    3 But Peter said, "Ananias, why has Satan filled your heart to lie to the Holy Spirit and to keep back some of the price of the land?
    4 "
    While it remained unsold, did it not remain your own? And after it was sold, was it not under your control? Why is it that you have conceived this deed in your heart? You have not lied to men but to God."

In Christ,

Bob

14. BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Another opportunity here to contrast the full argument presented vs the "3 words" that JohnP would allow himself to respond to --

Actually as it turns out I am not the author of John 12:32 "I will draw ALL MANKIND unto Me" -- God is.

And your John 6 reference when combined with John 12 (same author same book same topic same word same context) we SEE that Calvinism really "needed" to take John 6 "in the total and absolute abscence" of John 12 eh?

But I could not oblige them -- Sorry about that.

As for the sequence being that God first draws and then it is those drawn "the ALL mankid of John 12: that will be raised up if they in fact choose to ACT on the enabling of that drawing -- (the choice that is DISABLED in Depravity is ENABLED in the drawing of God -- even by Calvinist standards)

In Christ,

Bob

15. benz New Member

"God is the First cause of everything, including sin !"

So why then does God punish sin? Why do people go to hell if they dont accept Jesus as their savior? Hell, if I found out God is the author of Sin I rather go to hell than to worship him, all he would be to me then is a hypocrite and glory hog and not the loving God I worship who laid his own life for me calling me a friend no longer a servant.

16. BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    And what if God though wanting to make Himself appear loving as in "God so Loved the WORLD" and "Not willing for ANY to perish but for ALL to come to repentance" -- was in fact engaged in "arbitrary selection" selecting out the FEW of Matt7 and not really caring about the rest - but simply marketing that as "SO LOVING THE WORLD"?

What "kind of God" is being described by Calvinism? What picture is Calvinism painting?

And the answer is "not an accurate one".

In Christ,

Bob

17. BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    This is what we call "arbitrary selection" in the platform of Calvinism.

See it in living color here -- the "predicted" Calvinist future scenario!

http://www.baptistboard.com/showpost...2&postcount=52

18. beloved57 Member

johnp says

John you say some good things, no doubt, but you call brethern them that blaspheme God and His Christ, why is that sir ?

19. I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

beloved: You have done nothing but spew hatred, cause discourse among the brethren, and launch personal attacks, since you've been posting your heretical garbage.

All of these are against the rules you agreed to when you signed up!

Just what IS your problem?!?

20. beloved57 Member

i am blessed says

Oh, I get it, you can call what I believe garbage, but when I call what you believe garbage its a personal attack, so should I consider this post a personal attack, ms christian lady ? :godisgood: