Did God Create Evil and Sin for His Glory?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by beloved57, Feb 6, 2007.

1. tragic_pizza New Member

No one has told you you're going to Hell for being a bad Christian. You;ve done that several times.

I predict you'll be gone soon, banned. If you're particularly lucky, it'll be a temp ban. Maybe you'll learn something from it.

2. I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

You're right TP.

beloved: A personal attack is calling someone a name, or questioning their salvation. You have done this many times, to many posters. It is all documented.

I did neither in my post and I have broken no rules.

I did not call you a heretic, I called your views heretical. Big difference.

3. beloved57 Member

im blessed says

And can you tell me the difference ? Thats what makes one a heretic their views...

4. I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

ARE you a heretic? Methinks thou doth protest too much...

It's the same difference in telling someone they are stupid, instead of saying they DID something stupid.

Doing something stupid does not make one stupid.

You honestly cannot see the difference???

5. webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

They'll come back with the "who are you to question God" argument, even if they believe in God's monstrous "justice" system according to them. This is like handing my son a knife, and after taking it out of my hand, shouting at him "what are you doing holding a knife, I told you you are not allowed to have that" and commencing in beating him as "just punishment" for holding the knife. If this was indeed God's character, I'd be an atheist.

6. beloved57 Member

If they keep repeating the same thing thats consitutes them stupid, what other alternative there is, the bible calls one like that a fool..

ps 53 1The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Corrupt are they, and have done abominable iniquity: there is none that doeth good.

ps 92 6A brutish man knoweth not; neither doth a fool understand this.
    17Fools because of their transgression, and because of their iniquities, are afflicted.

prov 1 7The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.

prov 18He that hideth hatred with lying lips, and he that uttereth a slander, is a fool.

Get my point ? A heretic is a person whose views do not change ! You are just trying to justfy yourself for doing the very same thing you say I do: Where I am from, thats called a hypocrite...

7. beloved57 Member

That sounds familiar, somebody else I know used that excuse before ! Lets see, who was it ?

rom 9

19Thou wilt say then unto me, Why doth he yet find fault? For who hath resisted his will?

20Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus?

21Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?

Do you know who this guy is webdog !:wavey:

8. Brother Bob New Member

He said "its good and very good". I never read where He said I created some bad also.

9. beloved57 Member

something can be very good, without being sinless ! its very good because its according to His divine purpose...

10. webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

What was that in reference to? Was it in reference to God being the author of sin, or defending the "justice" you hyper's claim God in having? Can man be more just than God?

11. Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    BobRyan:

"... the choice that is DISABLED in Depravity is ENABLED in the drawing of God ..."

GE:

In my opinion one won't easily find a better definition of 'calvinistic' 'predestination', than these words - the words by BobRyan!

Only problem left is for BobRyan to answer: Not everyone's depravity is thus disabled; not everyone's choice is thus enabled. Only that of some -- few. What makes them different? The sovereignty of God!

12. Brother Bob New Member

Maybe you could clue me in on what could be "good to God" and be sin?

13. johnp. New Member

How so? Rom 14: 4 Who are you to judge someone else's servant?

2 Tim 2:24 And the Lord's servant must not quarrel; instead, he must be kind to everyone, able to teach, not resentful. 25 Those who oppose him he must gently instruct, in the hope that God will grant them repentance leading them to a knowledge of the truth, 26 and that they will come to their senses and escape from the trap of the devil, who has taken them captive to do his will.

If you mean Revd David Coffey? I have nothing to do with him, or anyone in authority, who has anything to do with Rome except those I believe do not know what the issues are. Many in my Church know little enough about theology let alone history beloved.

john.

14. Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    BR:

"... "arbitrary selection" selecting out the FEW of Matt7 and not really caring about the rest - but simply marketing that as "SO LOVING THE WORLD"?"

GE:

God's selecting out the FEW of Matt7 is His really caring about the just retribution of all the ungodly. They are the whole world's ruin and doom; so God 'so loved the world', He carefully -- not "arbitrarily" -- chose to save those only, whom only, He only, chose to love.

15. beloved57 Member

yeah, but there is another side of the coin you fail to mention !

Titus 3 10A man that is an heretick after the first and second admonition reject;

An arminian gospel is heretical, its blaspheming The effectual working of the blood of christ for those intened.

Also an evangelist called of God needs to be more diverse as in:

2 tim 4 2Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long suffering and doctrine.
    3For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

4And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

don't forget about those verses. One more thing, listen to what stephen called some opposers of the gospel

acts 7

51Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye.

Wow, stephen should have choose different words, huh ?

16. Amy.G New Member

This applies to you as well, b57. You do not attend church. We are told to do so.
    Your excuse about the apostate church doesn't fly.

Hebrews 10:25 (New King James Version)

25 not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as is the manner of some, but exhorting one another, and so much the more as you see the Day approaching.

17. Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    pLug:
    Question :
    If you believe God chooses the elect, what do you have that the other non elect doesn’t have that God would choose you?

BobRyan:

This is what we call "arbitrary selection" in the platform of Calvinism.
    See it in living color here -- the "predicted" Calvinist future scenario!

GE:

The man (pLug) has aked you a reasonable, fair question. Is this the way you answer him, BobRyan?

What do you, BobRyan have, that would cause God to choose you, and not some other in your place, or no one at all for that matter? Will the clay say to the Potter why do you choose to use me for an object of honour, or will the clay say to the Potter why don't you use me for an object of honour? Look how suitable I am? Is that what you might have answered the Potter? Then what do you have that would cause God to choose you? I bet the same as I: sweet blue nothing but bitter dark sin.

18. johnp. New Member

Bob

2 Tim 2:24 And the Lord's servant must not quarrel; instead, he must be kind to everyone, able to teach, not resentful. 25 Those who oppose him he must gently instruct, in the hope that God will grant them repentance leading them to a knowledge of the truth, 26 and that they will come to their senses and escape from the trap of the devil, who has taken them captive to do his will.

That's a false statement man. Eph 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace 8 that he lavished on us with all wisdom and understanding.

webdog.
    Only when man thinks he knows better. RO 9:14 What then shall we say? Is God unjust? Not at all! 15 For he says to Moses, "I will have mercy on whom I have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion." 16 It does not, therefore, depend on man's desire or effort, but on God's mercy.

Pick your justice out of that webdog.

Rom 9:19 One of you will say to me: "Then why does God still blame us? For who resists his will?"

And that. :) And that is scripture regardless of the disdain Romans is held in by some.

john.

19. beloved57 Member

amy says

amy before you go to church, you need to believe the gospel, which you do not !

People who come together for fellowship, need to believe the same doctrine:

acts 2 42And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.
    [Attacking another's salvtion is not permitted]

20. tragic_pizza New Member

You, my friend, [personal attack removed} should repent.

Amy doesn't believe your interpretation of the Gospel. That makes her different, but not unsaved.

Again, repent.