Do The SDA See Ellen White As Modern Prophetess Then?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Yeshua1, May 15, 2020.

1. Alofa Atu Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I think you missed the reason I gave the quotation.

2. timtofly Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    My issue is constantly hearing quotes from a human instead of God’s word. It would seem to me God’s Word does not have to be defended but declared. More time declaring and less time spent in defense seems a more effective way of doing things?????

I am not ruling out being in defense of the Gospel. Some ears hear differently than others.

3. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    EW denied that Jesus was the lord God Almighty, so that right there makes here a heretic!

4. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So EW never wrote that Jesus was not he lord God Almighty> She never wrote that he has a sin nature?

5. robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just as I quoted where she called Jesus "Michael", which proves she was a quack.

6. Alofa Atu Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Was John Gill a quack?, and the other Baptists?, and other theologians, scholars, Christians, mathematicians, etc also quacks?, if so, then she comes from a long distinguished line of such persons all the way back to Melito of Sardis and before, such as the disciples and OT prophets, and I am sure while she was breathing, was glad to be among such company.

7. Alofa Atu Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Unfortunately, from the citations I provided, you are quite mistaken. - Do The SDA See Ellen White As Modern Prophetess Then?

Please see my question to you at the bottom of the reply, and if you fail to answer it or continue as you have been without acknowledgement of the facts before you, well then, I have my answer without your consent anyways.

8. Alofa Atu Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Basically I agree with you, but to declare here, simply gets my threads completely deleted (as of recent and past), an account deletion (as Bob Ryan, LoveGod'sWord, One Baptism, and so many others), thread editing without notification of edit to the thread, or thread locked as recent and past without pointing to a single board rule violation (that is, until they make up the rule on the spot, as happened to me in the past on several occasions).

As of now, I am simply straightening the record by providing the facts of the matter, for those who are honest in their searching, and understanding, because of those who are mistaken, confused, mislead or purposefully malevolent.

Sister White is asleep in the grave, and cannot care about what people say about her, or abuse that which is written, but that which she wrote was not from her, but from God, as she was simply a messenger of the Lord, and thus a "reason" is given for what was provided, and if others choose to reject those facts, then they must answer soon enough.

I have on several occasions tried to get people to focus on what the Bible does say about prophets, and even desired to do a study, but others are more interested in slander, libel and misrepresentation, and never confessing to being wrong (about anything, whether it be in simple page citation, spelling, or whole ideas).

So, would you like to study about what the Bible says about prophets (OT-NT)? Here is your opportunity.

9. timtofly Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have my own work cut out for me. The Second Coming is less than 3 years away, and folks need to repent, and prepare their hearts and minds, and forget about this world, because wisdom and obedience is preferable, instead of being caught up in this world and it's trials and tribulations, especially God’s judgments.

10. Alofa Atu Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Fair enough.

I wish that were so, but unfortunately I know it to be not so, but do not desire to get into that here with you in this thread. When the time passes, please remember me, in what I have said here, for there is much I would like to share with you.

I agree with you here.

11. robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    EVERYONE who says Jesus is Michael is wrong, and some are complete quacks, such as EGW. Her other hooey, along with this, made her a quack.

12. robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, Jesus won't return til at least 3.5 years after the antichrist assumes his full power, & the great trib occurs.

13. Alofa Atu Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I am always interested in how people arrive at such conclusion. Can you share in specifics (texts) how you arrived at your present position on the matter? (please place the texts in order)

14. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How can Jesus be both God and an archangel?

15. Alofa Atu Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    "God" refers to Jesus' nature as Deity and also office over all Creation (Lordship). Archangel simply means highest (or even ruling) messenger, and thus Jesus is the highest messenger that the Father could send.