1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Donald Trump accepts Christ

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by evangelist6589, Jun 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I believe your academic expertise is in theology, which I have found you to be more than capable of and highly knowledgeable in! lack the credential to wander off into psychiatric advice, so try staying in your own backyard when it comes to issues that are out of your academic reach, Dr. Ted!

2. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Unfortunately, I am. I never thought it would happen, but Trump in a clear and present danger to the American Experiment. I am casting a vote in for Ms. Clinton to prevent Mr. Trump from obtaining power.

I CANNOT VOTE AGAINST THE FIRST AMENDMENT.

I have NEVER claimed anything else no matter how much you want to accuse me of dishonesty. You're sounding like Trump yourself.

#22 Baptist Believer, Jun 26, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2016
  3. Baptist Believer

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I know that this is the popular position in Western Christendom, but Jesus taught differently:
    Matthew 7:17-23
    "In the same way, every good tree produces good fruit, but a bad tree produces bad fruit. A good tree can’t produce bad fruit; neither can a bad tree produce good fruit. Every tree that doesn’t produce good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. So you’ll recognize them by their fruit.
    “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord!’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of My Father in heaven. On that day many will say to Me, ‘Lord, Lord, didn’t we prophesy in Your name, drive out demons in Your name, and do many miracles in Your name?’ Then I will announce to them, ‘I never knew you! Depart from Me, you lawbreakers!’"

Obviously we have to be careful how we judge and give consideration to how mature one is in the faith, but a person who is truly converted has repented (reoriented their life toward Christ) and is pursuing God. There will be at least some change immediately, with more to follow.

4. Baptist Believer

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So you "Disagree" when I tell you that I have been planning to vote for Ms. Clinton and have never denied it - and even provided a bit of evidence?

You're disagreeing with FACTS.

Find JUST ONE post on this website where I have even claimed I was interested in voting for Trump! When I have mentioned such a thing, I have consistently asserted I was voting AGAINST Trump for specific reasons.

Your "Disagree" is just a childish swipe against me because your false accusation has been exposed.

5. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I cannot disagree with your assessment of Trump. I do disagree with the decision to vote for Clinton, but I understand it.

My own opinion. There is much of the same atmosphere as early 1930s Germany, and certain people want a Strong Man to fix things. Very, very dangerous. This is what concerns me about him.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. blessedwife318

blessedwife318 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This reeks of urban legend language. A friend of a friend, no dates, no specifics just that Dobson heard from someone that Trump got saved. And then we have Dobson trying to lay down cover for Trump because even he has to admit that there has been no evidence of conversion in Trump. I have been absolutely disgusted with how evangelicals have been fawning over him this week, but than I found out that even some in my fundementalist circles were included in that group of 1000 and that made it even worse. 8 years ago we all watched the left fawn over their messiah, and to me it was par for the course, but now to watch the altright, do the same thing has made me reevaluate my political paradigm.
    #NEVERTRUMP

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. blessedwife318

blessedwife318 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I took a class on WW2 and Germany back when Obama was first elected and there was a book we had to read that I thought fit Obama well but think first Trump even better. It's called the Holter Myth, and the point of the book was talking about how Hitler and Gobbles were really good at creating multiple myths about Hitler and any of those could projected as needed. For example he made himself up to be a military genius, he also made himself to fit the volkish ideals of the father, hence his title.
    I realize that even brining up Hitler is considered to be a losing argument on the Internet but I also know that we have history to learn from, although it's clear to me the only thing we learn from history is we don't learn from history.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Excuse me?????? I disagree because Clinton is a liar, a fraud, and a bafoon. Yet you would vote for someone like this? Someone that cant keep american secrets? A neutral position is a vote for Clinton, and a vote for Clinton should be unheard of amongst Christians.

9. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Unless, of course, you believe that God is in control and a stand for either would be a stand against God. :)

Both arguments have good points, but no one should be "talked into" casting their voice for a platform against their conscience only to prevent another from being elected.

10. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The math doesn't support this statement.

Let's say you have six voters. Of the first five, 3 vote for Trump, and 2 vote for Clinton. As it currently stands, Trump is winning 60%-40%.

The 6th person has 4 choices:
    1) vote for Trump, making it 67%-33% (Trump wins)
    2) vote for Clinton, making it 50%-50% (run-off)
    3) vote for a 3rd party, making it 50%-33%-16% (Trump wins)
    4) don't vote, making it 50%-33% (Trump wins)

In the case of only 5 voters, with #5 being the deciding vote--if #5 votes 3rd party or doesn't vote, then the election goes to a run-off.

Thus, the only way you can make the argument that voting 3rd party or not voting is a vote for Hillary, is by admitting there aren't enough votes for Trump to be elected in the first place.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would ask you to re-examine your opinion. If Clinton follows the same strategy as Obama, then there is as much threat to the First Amendment as there is by Trump. Trump is just more obvious. Her actions regarding her personal email server, and the reasons she had it set up, are proof of this.

Clinton is also a serious threat to the Second and other amendments.

Clinton is also a staunch advocate for abortion, same sex rights and privileges, etc.

So if your position hinges on the First Amendment, I ask you to please consider in whole, not just in part.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Darrell C

Darrell C Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is math like this, as well as rationalization, which is why we have Obama in Office for two terms.

You do not calculate your impact on undecided voters. So your equation is lacking all relevant issues involved, which means you cannot possibly arrive at a legitimate conclusion.

You are also denying the impact of propaganda on the undecided vote. Whether the propaganda is from Trump or Clinton supporters, we have to be realistic in understanding that the undecided vote is usually not a matter of principle, it is a response to propaganda.

You, Don, may have a very real impact on the undecided vote, which is not the same as you viewing your own vote as based on principle. The question is, is it really?

I have to question that, because I can in no way rationalize any vote that would not help to keep Clinton out of office. Not from a Christian perspective. We know that Clinton will advance the Liberal Agenda...we don't know that about Trump.

All I would ask is everyone here that thinks Clinton will do anything but harm to Conservative worldview and not continue the "Progress" of Obama...

...please raise your hand.

The math is simple: there are only two people at this point with the chance of winning. Options 2-4 guarantee that votes which could ensure Clinton doesn't win are lost.

It is not logical to think that not voting will not impact the election.

It is not logical to think that voting third party will result in a third candidate that reflects a Christian worldview (I mean seriously, we're talking about a secular office).

It is not logical to think a vote for Clinton will not further the Homosexual and Abortion agendas.

God bless.

#32 Darrell C, Jun 26, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2016
  13. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The undecided voter is addressed as the 6th voter, Darrell. You know, the one I said has four choices?

ONLY if you believe ALL democrats will vote democrat; and that democrats far outnumber those who would vote for Trump.

Oh, wait; I already addressed that, too, when I said you had to make the assumption that Trump doesn't have enough votes to win....

As I mentioned in my post to Baptist Believer where I asked him/her to reconsider voting for Clinton, and laid out several reasons why.

14. Martin Marprelate

Martin Marprelate Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It would be nice to think that this is true and I certainly hope it is.
    'Every good tree bears good fruit' (Matthew 7:17). I hope you see some good fruit before next October or whenever the vote is.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes so do I.

16. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Problem with that logic is that a stand for neither fails to have the value to stand against the greater evil, and in fact if all Christians were buy into such inaction in the belief that God controls the situation it runs into the eerie resemblance of the theological beliefs of some that we should have faith in the healing power and control of God over a sick person and therefore not bother to medically treat the patient.

As for “talking into” – In the interests of truth - If an argument presents good reason to believe the decisions use to form the conscience are based on false conclusions then that argument would not necessarily be against them using their conscience but rather against the construct of false thoughts upon which that conscience was built.

17. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    BTW, I'm wondering if anyone sees the Dr. Dobson's broadcasting of another's (Trump's) personal experiences as rather rude and possibly even gossipy?

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    My personal logic is that it is wrong to stand against God regardless as to the severity of the stand. Embracing one evil to overthrow another is still embracing evil.

Even using your medical illustration, I stand by my conviction. This is why I am opposed to some types of research. It is not a matter of lacking faith that God is in control, but rather a matter of believing that we are responsible for those causes for which we would lend support.

I understand your logic against my “talking people into” actions against their conscious, and while I do lean towards your suggestion that it would be better to address those false ideas upon which that conscience was built, I also have to recognize that Scripture teaches exactly the opposite. Paul, for example, would refrain from eating meat offered to idols out of concern for the conscience of others. Note, he does not say to emphasize his words that idols are nothing and Christians may freely eat. He says to watch out for these brethren.

19. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Actually, in order to be voting for Mrs. Clinton, one would have to actually vote for her. By voting for a third party, you are voting for that third party member - not Mrs. Clinton.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yep. And Dobson is getting his news secondhand.

Sent from my Motorola Droid Turbo

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.