1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Easy believism.

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by 37818, Dec 18, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    OP #1

2. Brightfame52

Brightfame52 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    A Christian was made righteous before they had Faith. They were made righteous by the obedience of one, that one being Jesus Christ Rom 5:19

19 For as by one man’s disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

Now sometime in their life time, they will be regenerated, given Faith to know about having been made righteous soley by Christs obedience !

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sorry, shall many be made is future, not past tense. Thus there is no support anywhere in scripture for being made righteous before God credits their faith as righteousness and transfers them into the kingdom of His Beloved Son. None, zip, nada.

Here is the biblical order:

1) God reveals Himself by what He has made (created universe and the life therein) and by His special revelation (God's inspired Word).

2) The fallen are exposed to the gospel, and some understand it, are drawn by it and accept it.

3) God determines (for He knows our hearts) those whose faith He will credit as righteousness to us.

4) Those with credited righteous faith God puts into Christ, where they undergo the washing of regeneration, also called the circumcision of Christ. Thus the person placed in Christ is made alive together with Christ, a new creation created for good works, made righteous by means of the blood of Christ.

This is the biblical teaching!

#43 Van, Dec 23, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2020
  4. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We are regenerated unto salvation, as God must give us a new heart in order to trust in Lord Jesus!

5. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Y1 just makes up falsehoods, we are redeemed when God places us into Christ. In Him is our redemption. 1 Corinthians 1:30 and Colossians 1:14

6. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Before that can happen, God still must do his regeneration!

7. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Falsehood after falsehood is an outright attack on truth. Regeneration (being made alive) occurs "together with Christ" not before an individual is placed into Christ spiritually. (Ephesians 2:5)

And folks, please note the difference, I support every biblical position with a specific scripture or set of scriptures.

8. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Then why haven't you provided scripture for proving your election?Proof that is that isn't addressed to Jews.
    MB

9. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So did you have inherit faith to use to accept Jesus as Lord, or could only due that by the Holy Spirit, as per Paul?

10. Brightfame52

Brightfame52 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Still they shall be made righteous by one obedience.

11. rlvaughn

rlvaughn Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    But did anyone actually respond to what you meant by those 3 verses, or respond according to how the term "easy believism" triggered them?

(To be fair, I have not read every response in this thread, because I soon decided it was not productive.)

12. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I do not think so.
    Post #3 simply opens with:
    Starts off with an accusation.

13. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'll leave the theological deep dives to others. From where I sit, easy believism (the lack of emphasis on repentence) grew out of the generally Christian culture of America a generation of so ago.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    A change from non belief to belief in God's Son as Savior, who died for sins, Romans 5:8 and rose from the dead, Romans 10:9 is impossible without a change of mind.

15. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If believing were hard to do it would be works salvation! Believing is so easy, even a child can do it. I was saved as a four-year-old child. In fact, one must believe like a child in order to be saved. Christ even said, "Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child, he shall not enter therein" (Mark 10:15).

• Like Like x 2
  16. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why were those that said, "Lord, Lord" in Matthew 7 not saved if their lip service belief was all God found in their hearts.

Easy Believism is unbiblical and false doctrine.

17. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I disagree Acts 16:31 Pauls directions to a Jailer of how he could be saved. Why would it be different for eveybody else?
    MB

18. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Can you see in there hearts? God can!. He must have seen deception in there hearts.
    MB

19. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why assume deception? Why not superficiality? Why not holding on to worldly treasure? Easy Believism is unbiblical false doctrine.

20. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Depends on how it's defined. Some say they believe in Salvation with out repentance. I believe Salvation is easy but I do not leave out repentance. What Calvinist believe is even easier. They don't have to believe to be saved because, They claim they are saved to believe. They've managed to deceive them selves about every doctrine they believe in.
    Just imagine this they claim they are elect and this election saves them irregardless of there will. This is why I ragg on election simply because they don't know what it really is. They can't prove they are elect and claiming you are does not make it so. Everyone who is really elect are Jews.
    MB

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.