1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Exactly What Does the Apostle Peter Mean?

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by Saved-By-Grace, Jan 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saved-By-Grace

Saved-By-Grace Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I speak of works FOR salvation and not those required AFTER

2. Saved-By-Grace

Faith:
    Baptist
    11:17 reads, "God gave them the like gift as he did unto us, who believed on the Lord Jesus Christ". Verse 18, "Then hath God also to the Gentiles granted repentance unto life.". "like", "also", shows that the Gentile conversions were LIKE their own. As the Jews "believed and repented", so did these Gentiles.

• Like Like x 1
  3. SheepWhisperer

SheepWhisperer Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, there's ahead scratcher.....
    Ok, my bad.

13 And he shewed us how he had seen an angel in his house, which stood and said unto him, Send men to Joppa, and call for Simon, whose surname is Peter;

14 Who shall tell thee words, whereby thou and all thy house shall be saved.

This will take some study.

4. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I speak of works that come NATURALLY from the heart circumcised BY GRACE ALONE with the law written upon it BY GRACE ALONE:

13 for not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified:
    14 (for when Gentiles that have not the law do by nature the things of the law, these, not having the law, are the law unto themselves;
    15 in that they show the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience bearing witness therewith, and their thoughts one with another accusing or else excusing them); Ro 2

#24 kyredneck, Jan 10, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
  5. Saved-By-Grace

Faith:
    Baptist
    We must remember that all that was said and done in Chapter 10 is not recorded. We can be sure, however, that as the Jews had to "repent from their sins and believe in the Lord Jesus Christ" for their salvation, that the Gentiles would be required the same.

6. Saved-By-Grace

Faith:
    Baptist
    What of Romans 3:20? "For by works of the law no human being will be justified in His sight, since through the law comes knowledge of sin."

7. Saved-By-Grace

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you believe that "good works" are a requirement FOR the salvation of sinners? Simple yes or no

8. SheepWhisperer

SheepWhisperer Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    No dispute on that. It's the idea of a man " praying to God", God "hearing" his prayer, God sending a dream, vision and message by an angel and all that BEFORE salvation that puzzles me.

9. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What of it? Was Paul going senile?

...the doers of the law shall be justified Ro 2:13

...by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified... Ro 3:20

You've never meditated on this?

10. Saved-By-Grace

Faith:
    Baptist
    why should this puzzle you? The sinner is convicted by the Holy Spirit, they seek God in prayer as to what to to, and God sends them some to tell them exactly what they need to do for their salvation.

11. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ABSOLUTELY YES!... for temporal deliverance in this realm. Stop doing good and start doing evil and see what happens to you.

12. Saved-By-Grace

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not really, see Jonah 3:10, where we read the Lord saw the "works" of the people of Nineveh, because they REPENTED from their sins. Not a "work" of "merit", but one of "contrition"!

13. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Been there done that!... Don't want to do it again!... Brother Glen:eek:

James 4:17 Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin.

Luke 12:42 And the Lord said, Who then is that faithful and wise steward, whom his lord shall make ruler over his household, to give them their portion of meat in due season?

12:43 Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing.

12:44 Of a truth I say unto you, that he will make him ruler over all that he hath.

12:45 But and if that servant say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming; and shall begin to beat the menservants and maidens, and to eat and drink, and to be drunken;

12:46 The lord of that servant will come in a day when he looketh not for him, and at an hour when he is not aware, and will cut him in sunder, and will appoint him his portion with the unbelievers.

12:47 And that servant, which knew his lord's will, and prepared not himself, neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes.

12:48 But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more.

Now to my understanding the Lord comes everyday and deals with us his servants!... Brother Glen:)

14. Saved-By-Grace

Faith:
    Baptist
    ABSOLUTELY NO!!!

"And if by grace, then it cannot be based on works; if it were, grace would no longer be grace." (Romans 11:6)

15. Saved-By-Grace

Faith:
    Baptist
    saying exactly what?

16. tyndale1946

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    According to Apostle Paul we are in a constant warfare everyday... You want to follow the Lord you are blessed you don't you are not!... So you're telling me you're a good boy 24/7?:eek:... RIGHT!:Rolleyes... Brother Glen:)

17. Saved-By-Grace

Faith:
    Baptist
    My question to redneck was: "Do you believe that "good works" are a requirement FOR the salvation of sinners? Simple yes or no", to which he answered "ABSOLUTELY YES!... for temporal deliverance in this realm. Stop doing good and start doing evil and see what happens to you.". Do you also say that a sinner is saved by their "good works"? This is my basic question!

18. tyndale1946

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ITS ALL OF CHRIST... OR NONE OF CHRIST!... You don't do good works to be saved, but you do good works because you are saved!.. Notice Kentucky said for temporal deliverance in THIS realm... Where is Eternal in that?... Brother Glen:)

• Like Like x 1
  19. Saved-By-Grace

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think that my question has not been read or answered correctly, as I was clearly talking about "for salvation". Just why can't people be straightforward? :(

20. tyndale1946

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    OK!... Here it is straight forward for Eternal Salvation... A Thousand Times... NO!

HE TREAD THE WINEPRESS ALONE!... Brother Glen:)

• Winner Winner x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.