Exactly What Does the Apostle Peter Mean?

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by Saved-By-Grace, Jan 10, 2018.

1. kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Where in the context does it say "he was seeking the Lord Jesus Christ"? You're embellishing the account and have got it backwards, it was the Lord Jesus Christ that sought Cornelius out:

16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice: and they shall become one flock, one shepherd. Jn 10

11 For thus saith the Lord Jehovah: Behold, I myself, even I, will search for my sheep, and will seek them out.
    12 As a shepherd seeketh out his flock in the day that he is among his sheep that are scattered abroad, so will I seek out my sheep; and I will deliver them out of all places whither they have been scattered in the cloudy and dark day. Ezek 34

2. utilyan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I would trade all the salvation granted to me by God for all the good works you guys seem to pass up as a chore rather then the treasure itself.

You might as well say salvation can't save you.

3. tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You might get a kick out this Kentucky!... At an river baptism after in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Ghost pronouncement, the preacher took a fella and dunk him under once and bringing him out from the water hollered... HAVE YOU FOUND JEEEESUS?... Well he didn't respond so under he went again and up he came... The preacher again hollered... HAVE YOU FOUND JEEEEEEEESUS!... Still no response... So under he went again and when he came up the third time he was sputtering and coughing trying to get his breath... The preacher hollering... HAVE YOU FOUND JEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESUS!... When he caught his breath he turn to the preacher and hollered... WELL IF YOU SHOW WHERE HE FELL IN I'LL SEE IF I CAN'T FIND HIM!... Brother Glen:Roflmao

4. Saved-By-Grace Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Saved before Peter told him the way of salvation, before he repented?

5. Saved-By-Grace Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is no doubt that he would have heard about Jesus Christ, and salvation through Him! After all Jesus Himself is Almighty God.

6. Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Haven't read the whole thread, but the point was that in Jewish thought, only Jews were acceptable. They were the only ones who had access to God through the Tabernacle.

Peter has been converted from that fallacy.

As far as what is acceptable to God? Psa 51:17 The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.

7. kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ya think?

5 but after thy hardness and impenitent heart treasurest up for thyself wrath in the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God;
    6 who will render to every man according to his works: Ro 2

28 Marvel not at this: for the hour cometh, in which all that are in the tombs shall hear his voice,
    29 and shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of judgment. Jn 5

10 For we must all be made manifest before the judgment-seat of Christ; that each one may receive the things done in the body, according to what he hath done, whether it be good or bad. 2 Cor 5

34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
    35 for I was hungry, and ye gave me to eat; I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink; I was a stranger, and ye took me in;
    36 naked, and ye clothed me; I was sick, and ye visited me; I was in prison, and ye came unto me.
    41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into the eternal fire which is prepared for the devil and his angels:
    42 for I was hungry, and ye did not give me to eat; I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink;
    43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in; naked, and ye clothed me not; sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not. Mt 25

8. kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Concerning 'the first commission', you ever meditate on the 'root source' of the worthiness (or lack of) the apostles were to look for?:

11 And into whatsoever city or village ye shall enter, search out who in it is worthy; and there abide till ye go forth.
    12 And as ye enter into the house, salute it.
    13 And if the house be worthy, let your peace come upon it: but if it be not worthy, let your peace return to you. Mt 10

What made them worthy? How were the apostles to know if they were worthy?

9. Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    As the OP is now on a temporary ban, this thread is closed.