Facebook & the fulfillment of prophecy

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by evangelist6589, May 21, 2012.

1. Grasshopper Active Member
    Site Supporter

Says someone who jumps into every Cal/nonCal discussion. Secondly I'm not Amill so please at least have your facts straight before attacking someone.

2. webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

In a cal debate it is expected for both sides to reply. Nobody here was talking about Christ's second coming happening in 70a.d. (an amil view), were they?

3. Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    that is not an amill view

4. DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Your link is obviously wrong.
    The earthquake in Italy was just a couple of days ago--far more recent than your link. The earthquake in Italy damaged buildings that were centuries old. That in itself is evidence that it hit an area not frequented by earthquakes. Your link is very suspect, but then considering the source...

5. Sapper Woody Well-Known Member

Deja Vu

It seems we had almost the same thread a few months back in which someone was complaining about the lack intellectual stimulation on FB. Then, everyone (including myself) let this person know that FB was not intended for intellectual conversation, but was a social networking site designed to keep in touch and meet new friends.

6. webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Oh really?

7. Grasshopper Active Member
    Site Supporter

Ya,really. That's not an Amill belief nor was I making that point. Strike number two.

Were the last days occurring in the 1st century? A simple yes or no.

8. webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

No. Simple.

9. gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

I have had some incredible conversations on Facebook with people asking for serious help.

How many times did you use the pronoun "I"?

10. Grasshopper Active Member
    Site Supporter

Strike 3!

Hebrews 1:1*God, who at various times and in various ways spoke in time past to the fathers by the prophets, 2*has in these last days spoken to us by His Son, whom He has appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the worlds;

Very simple.

11. Berean Member
    Site Supporter

I am not a member of any social network therefore I know very little of how they function. However i do believe the PC will play a part in The 70th Week,
    no will be able to buy or sell without the number (password).

12. righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No Doubt that You are On to Something(s)...

...however, I use my FB connection to run a ministry and this ministry is reaching people. In the first few months, I've grown to over 190 members.

I think all cyber media sources are what we make them. Every invention has a good and bad side to it. I am harnassing FB to reach those who consider themself a believer, but need a spiritual "kick in the rear" once in a while.

I am excited with this door, and I would hope that other, like myself, see an opportunity to reach those on FB or Twitter for Jesus.

Thanks for your views, as there are some truths in what you say. Shalom my brother!

BTW - this is the reason I came to the board. Not to contradict another. Just to enjoy what they say and feel, and add my opinion, without the fear of being called names, or bullied around for thinking differently than the OP, or those posting a view.

13. righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just Thought You'd Like to Know...

...I'm neither pre-trib, post-trib or Amill. I consider myself to be a "Pan-millenniest!" Choosing to believe that everything will "PAN" out in the end!

Note to IC - I know you see things, sharply different than me, and I respect your knowledge of the Scripture and theology. I consider you one of the most intellectual members on this board, and enjoy reading your veiwpoints. :thumbs:

-HOWEVER-​

I took the time to share this with the hope that you will not try to lecture me, or change my views, because I am thoroughly convinced in this view, and will take it with me when I go to meet Him in the air, or when He calls me from the grave. :smilewinkgrin:

14. Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Dude,
    I was taught a premillenial dispensational view first.
    I was taught by those that this was the only correct view.
    I found out later that others had not shared this view.
    Most of the puritans and reformers were amill or post mill
    I have been re-studying that position...post mill because it seems that most who believed that were interested in Holy living,and soul winning.
    That should be our primary focus.Even if the postmill calendar of events is not correct.....holiness and Godly service is absolutely correct.

On end times I cannot speak dogmatically as I am still all over the place with it,so I do not try and convince anyone ,but rather raise questions about some key considerations. These two passages point the way to our conductas we wait for the Lords return:

15. righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Right On...

16. Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Webdog,

Some of the full preterists believe in some kind of second coming in 70ad

Amill and Postmill believe that 70 ad was a coming in judgement on apostate Israel. But they do not believe it was THE SECOND coming. They teach the judgement was the sign of the Son of Man...in Heaven.
    Jesus did not return to earth bodily in 70 ad.
    In the OT there were many day of the Lords spoken of as a coming in judgement.

Jeremiah 46:10
    For this is the day of the Lord GOD of hosts, a day of vengeance, that he may avenge him of his adversaries: and the sword shall devour, and it shall be satiate and made drunk with their blood: for the Lord GOD of hosts hath a sacrifice in the north country by the river Euphrates.

Ezekiel 13:5
    Ye have not gone up into the gaps, neither made up the hedge for the house of Israel to stand in the battle in the day of the LORD

Ezekiel 30:3
    For the day is near, even the day of the LORD is near, a cloudy day; it shall be the time of the heathen.

Joel 1:15
    Alas for the day! for the day of the LORD is at hand, and as a destruction from the Almighty shall it come

Joel 2:1
    Blow ye the trumpet in Zion, and sound an alarm in my holy mountain: let all the inhabitants of the land tremble: for the day of the LORD cometh, for it is nigh at hand;

Joel 2:11
    And the LORD shall utter his voice before his army: for his camp is very great: for he is strong that executeth his word: for the day of the LORD is great and very terrible; and who can abide it
    Joel 2:31
    The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and terrible day of the LORD come.

Joel 3:14
    Multitudes, multitudes in the valley of decision: for the day of the LORD is near in the valley of decision.
    Amos 5:18
    Woe unto you that desire the day of the LORD! to what end is it for you? the day of the LORD is darkness, and not light.

17. evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Amen. This is what I meant by my post. It appears many misunderstood it.

18. evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thats a great way to think of it. Sadly some websites are closing their message boards and merging to FB instead. I think thats a foolish move.

19. Sapper Woody Well-Known Member

A lot of sites allow you to use your FB login to gain access to the site, instead of having to make a new user/pass for each site. Interestingly enough, you may now log into myspace with your FB user/pass!

FB is becoming integrated into a lot of things, and so is google. A couple more big ones are Amazon and Paypal. Is this integration a sign of the end times? Possibly. Maybe. But maybe not. Christ is coming when the Father says to, and that's pretty much the end of it.

"such a time as ye think not...", kind of makes me think that with all this speculation going on, Christ's appearance is being delayed. Maybe God is waiting for all our predictions about it being the end times to blow over? :laugh: