1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

For Those that Think COVID-19 is Like the Flu...

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by InTheLight, Apr 7, 2020.

1. Gold Dragon

Gold Dragon Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Yes, his “senses” picked that up by last week. I don’t think I need to link to what his senses were telling him before.

Way down compared to what?

• Like Like x 2
  2. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And just imagine if he didn’t wait so long before taking this to serious proportions! It was a nothing burger right!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Wingman68

Wingman68 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yeah, they weren’t there to hear the screams, & those who were aren’t looking to come out with it. That’s the way it works in commie countries. It’s also the way it works here......with the leftist media, & other assorted leftists......they always rush to take the side of China. Why is that? I figured you might know.

4. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is the first major disagreement I have with Trump policy. I say turn the economy loose. SC and Ga have their economy shut down but have the hotels and beaches packed with spring break kids. Its a sham is all it is.

5. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So the restaurants are also open?

• Useful Useful x 1
  6. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Carry out. Drive Through.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Use of Time

Use of Time Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I didn’t rush to anything. I don’t have any information. Neither does this article. I could write an article like that but you guys always want to a smoking gun when it’s your side. When it’s others? Factual information and named sources don’t matter. You can just write whatever you want and post it as the truth.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Wingman68

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well they do have actual stats of all the thousands of cell service contracts that just disappeared, & were not picked up by any other service, but our media is not interested in following up on those stories, just the ones that can be negative to the tune of 91% about Trump. Despite their best efforts, Trump continues to gain approval. They are flummoxed.

9. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That’s hilarious... each of those little SOBS are potential carriers! This is a sham.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    At least raise the price of a beach pass.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Most of that had nothing at all to do with what I said but you are certainly playing the deflection game again.

Spare me with the crying about the media. You’ve just shown me what your criteria for the media is. Laziness and fearmongering. If Breitbart wants to tell the truth they can stop being lazy and take a shot at it. They won’t because they have to keep cranking out fodder. Maybe they should go investigate the story about the cellphones going dark over there? Or did they write that information too?

#91 Use of Time, Apr 7, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Gold Dragon

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The video in the Breitbart link shows the evidence they have which is a news report out of the Falun Gong news network, notorious for their anti-Chinese government messaging. This religious group is a bit of a complicated story if you are not familiar but I would say they are about as trustworthy as the Chinese government itself, which is not very.

But the news story evidence is a social media video of an old lady with a Wuhan accent in a car telling her driver about an older man in the bed next to her when she was in hospital being put in a body bag still alive. She then claims this happened multiple times in that hospital.

While this may warrant some kind of investigation by police in one of our societies if this lady had reported and they thought she was credible, it is hardly proof of anything and could be just a tall tale.

The radio free Asia article cites a “source close to the funeral industry” with the surname Ma describes videos of screams from funeral homes, but the article could not verify them. So possibly more rumour.

I’m not saying none of these things are possible but just that these reports are technically in the rumour category at this time.

#92 Gold Dragon, Apr 7, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2020
  13. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    All the beaches I know of in GA and SC are free. Parking fee at State parks.
    SC did close its boat ramps. No boat launching, but party like crazy on the beach.

14. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That’s what I gathered.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Calminian

Calminian Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Compared to projections of the experts you're touting. Trump shut down China travel very early. Your TDS is not allowing you to accept that.

16. Gold Dragon

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    If you read what these projections are saying, they are comparing what they think will happen if you do nothing vs what will happen if you engage in lockdowns and social distancing. So yes, compared to doing nothing and losing potentially millions of lives, Trump is doing well. That is still worse than almost every other country that is currently battling covid19 with the early decisive actions they have taken.

If you are comparing what the old model says vs what the new model says after the latest updates on April 5, those are adjustments based on better data availability of what is currently happening on the ground on a state level. It is not an adjustment because things are going better than expected because of any actions that occurred.

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. Scott Downey

Scott Downey Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Most food restaurants are open for carryout where we live in Newport News VA. Order online, then you wait in the parking lot, they bring it to your truck. It is ok, but I prefer to sit down and eat out, so its not the same experience.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Wingman68

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How is it that by running that story they are fear mongering? Fear mongering about communist governments? What are you trying to say by being dismissive about such possibilities? Or you just think you win the conversation by BEING dismissive. You excel at it, by the way.

19. Wingman68

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  20. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    :(

• Like Like x 1