1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Four Unities Prove 1st Century Rapture: Good News for all Christians

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by asterisktom, May 6, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. asterisktom

asterisktom Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Did I use Aristotle to build my case? No, I used the Bible. Good grief, man, use your reading skills.

2. asterisktom

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Did I use Aristotle to build my case? No, I wrote this:

"I think Aristotle wrote also about unities in his Poetics, but I am referring to four different unities altogether, much more important,"

I used the Bible, which you pretty mucg ignored. Good grief, man, use your reading skills.

3. AustinC

AustinC Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    LOL
    First, prove that ALL Christians were actually "raptured" in 70 CE.
    Prove that the Earth burned in fire.
    Prove that Jesus spent 1000 years reigning as King in Israel.

You should realize that you actually have zero proof, but instead have taken license to misinterpret scripture and thus fail to recognize you have a job as an ambassador in the Kingdom. Be sure not to bury your treasure for you will be held to account.

4. asterisktom

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am supposed to prove the unbiblical far-fetched tenets that you believe? I will pass.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You only need to provided how and why you came to believe what you understand to be true.

6. asterisktom

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I feel that it would be futile, 37, until you show a greater willingness to consider that you may be over-literalizing things. IOW that you would recognize that the apocalyptical language of Revelation is the same genre as the corresponding OT prophetical books.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    One has to start with what the text says. Also known as a literal reading. If there is other meaning to be discerned, that needs to be explained where it can be understood that is what it should only mean. I know why I believe as I do in a pre-millennial post trib rapture. Sinse 1967 I have studied to understand what it was I believed on this matter.

8. asterisktom

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sentences 2 and 3 is where you went off the rails, my friend. The Bible is more given to spiritual language than you recognize

9. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    They seem unBiblical you cuz they HAVEN'T HAPPENED YET.

10. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    We many not agree on meanings. My off the rail as you called it, sentance 3, "If there is other meaning to be discerned, that needs to be explained where it can be understood that is what it should only mean."

11. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    But the "inconvenient" Bible verses you claim to be figurative/symbolic have NO indication, either in the context or the verses themselves, that they're such. Preterists SAY they're metaphoric because they prove preterism false, & many prets would rather try to change the meanings of some Scriptures rather than admit their pret doctrine is wrong & drop it.

12. AustinC

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nope, you prove your farfetched tenet that the rapture happened in 70CE, the Earth burned and we are now living in the new heavens and new earth in Paradise.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. AustinC

Faith:
    Baptist
    Show me the covenantal language and how it fits your view of 70CE, even though John wrote after 70CE.
    I agree that both the prophets and Revelation are written in covenantal language which means it isn't literal, but this does not mean Revelation supports a preterist view at all.

14. AustinC

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Bible uses the same rules of literature as any other book. Knowing how God works in covenant helps us understand poetic language of the prophets. However, your claim gives you license to make things up and then call it "spiritual" interpretation. It's ripe for your imagination, apart from the Spirit of God.

15. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Most Scripture is literal, simple as THAT.

16. asterisktom

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    John wrote before 70 AD. See earlier post in this thread on that. Irenaeus, writing a century after the fact,blundered on the dating. The seeming multiplicity of ancient testimony on the later date is strictly from those who simply accepted his erroneous date as fact.

17. AustinC

Faith:
    Baptist
    You certainly have to force John to write before 70CE or your entire house of cards crumbles and make no mistake, it is a house of cards.

18. asterisktom

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    OK. Whatever. I am not wasting my time on this any more.

19. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, it isn't. You're following the Dispensationalist playbook to the letter with this, which destroys the marvelous underlying continuity of the scriptures. 'You people' do great violence to the scriptures and God's truth by chopping it up into little pieces like this. Minutes earlier He announced in Mt 23 an awful judgment to come upon the Jews of that generation:

33 Ye serpents, ye offspring of vipers, how shall ye escape the judgment of hell?
    34 Therefore, behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and scribes: some of them shall ye kill and crucify; and some of them shall ye scourge in your synagogues, and persecute from city to city:
    35 that upon you may come all the righteous blood shed on the earth, from the blood of Abel the righteous unto the blood of Zachariah son of Barachiah, whom ye slew between the sanctuary and the altar.
    36 Verily I say unto you, All these things shall come upon this generation. Mt 23

Minutes later in the Olivet Discourse He reiterates the very same judgment to come upon the very same generation:

22 For these are days of vengeance, that all things which are written may be fulfilled.
    23 Woe unto them that are with child and to them that give suck in those days! for there shall be great distress upon the land, and wrath unto this people.
    32 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass away, till all things be accomplished. Lu 21

There is no 'thousands of years leap AND STILL WAITING' in His prophecy, only in the dispy imagination. It's done, over, fulfilled.

#99 kyredneck, May 9, 2021
    Last edited: May 9, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  20. AustinC

Faith:
    Baptist
    At least you said OK to my assertion...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.