Freemasonry

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by Turbeville, Apr 12, 2004.

1. Eladar New Member

Why is the view of the Knights Templar important? Any 'Christian' organization that would kill others in the name of God has already demonstrated itself to be of Satan.

2. Marcia Active Member

The Knight Templar is a patchwork of different groups and organizations that claim different things. Their history and beliefs are very murky, like the Rosicrucians and the Order of the GOlden Dawn (both very occultic). I know that at least several occult claims are made for the Knights Templar. I alwyays knew of them as an occult organization. As I said, the occult likes to take things that seem Biblical or Christian and use them. I quoted from the Bible when I was an astrologer!

And who cares what the Knights Templar think? I go to the Bible.

3. Jacob Webber New Member

Knights Templar were warrior monks that tried to protect the Holy Land and Pilgrams going to the Holy Land they were first know as the Poor Knights of Christ I believe. Knights Templar believes in the Saving Grace of Jesus Christ and teaches this as well. Their beliefs was that they started out Catholic than the Kibg of France turned the Pope who was from France against them and said they commited Hersey un tourture.

(Any 'Christian' organization that would kill others in the name of God has already demonstrated itself to be of Satan.)

You have probaly just called every denomination in America to be of Satan. Native Americain ran off because they were consider savage. The black salves were consider a lesser people because some preachers had thought that being black was the mark of cain. Which is totaly no biblical. All men are equal.

(And who cares what the Knights Templar think? I go to the Bible.)

This is were they go. They teach Salvation of Jesus Christ they are Masonic you say Freemasonry does not mention Christ but the Knights Templar open and end Prayer in the name of Jesus Christ.

4. Eladar New Member

I doubt that I just called every Christian denomination of Satan. I am not aware of the fact that every denomination's official position was ever one of death.

I am not trying to say that there is any Christian organization that doesn't have wolves in sheep's clothing within it. It is just when its official policy is so diametrically opposed to how the Bible says Christians are to live, it should be easy enough to discern who the organization is actually following.

5. Marcia Active Member

I agree with Eladar.

Groups that quote part of the Bible, say they are not religious but then spout religious, pious language, mention God's judgement, have Christless prayers,but then avoid talking about salvation through Christ (or have the Jacob's Ladder thing)are suspect and Christians should not align themselves with these groups.

I think we are just talking in circles now.

6. frewtloop Guest

Let's see now, "official" policy, as I recall, is an emphasis on "brotherly love, relief, and truth." There are four cardinal virtues of temperance, fortitude, prudence, and justice. Three pillars of the temple are wisdom, strength, and beauty.

"Diametrically opposed?" Would you care to show me how St. Paul's words are diametrically opposed to Christianity? This is, after all, a part of a work that you guys have tried to portray as some kind of masonic authority. I daresay the case was overstated, as D28guy had the info from the cited website anyway. The assertion was:

Well, that is partially so. Commander, Supreme Council, Scottish Rite, Southern Jurisdiction is the accurate title. Not only was his title overstated, but the supposed authority of the book was as well:

Most Masons have never read it because most Masons find it inapplicable to them. Only those who go beyond the first three degrees would truly find it worth their while, as most of the book concerns degrees beyond that. Besides that, Pike was so deeply into a lot of information that even now, most Masons simply find irrelevant, over their head, or simply not worth their time. That's not to knock Pike, or his work either, for that matter, he was certainly a most remarkable man. But to suggest that this was some sort of "handbook" is a misrepresentation. I have talked with Masons from many jurisdictions, but I have not met a Mason yet who can say this has ever been any kind of required reading in their jurisdiction. Several lodges have put it on suggested reading lists, but that's about the extent of its "authority." It is actually more of a favorite of antimasons than it ever has been of Masons, simply because of their misreads and misinterpretations of it, and the vulnerability it seems to have built into it that lends it to selective proof-texting. But the finer points of M&D all too often go ignored:

Detractors will tell you there is no such thing as a "Christian lodge." Masons will tell you that in this country, most Masons are Christian. And Pike seems not to have had any problem calling it by that name. Pike also spoke of a "masonic decalogue," which I have seen nowhere else but in Morals and Dogma:

Okay, so he only missed by about 30 or so when he counted. But you'll have to show me the ones that are "diametrically opposed."

TW

7. Jacob Webber New Member

Eladar
    I know you did not mean that all Christian Org are of Satan. I was stating that in each denomination in Christianty has had someone in its mist that has show haterd toward others.

Not sure why but as I stated before Christ is mention in the Lodge. The prays are to God, Christ is God. Like I stated before what specific name do we have to go by which name Given to our Savior do be have to use. Christ is God so what is wrong with calling Him God. I do not understand.

(have Christless prayers,but then avoid talking about salvation through Christ)

Again Knights Templar a Masonic body Opens and End in the name of Jesus Christ. And I am able to witness and talk about Christ saving Grace all I want it is only during business that we are told not to not sure why this is hard to except Just as you goto work you can not talk about religion or politics all the time you will not get anything done and will go out of business.

8. Marcia Active Member

Worm, you say you find Pike "remarkable" and that you do not want to knock him. As I said earlier, when I was reading through Morals and Dogma, I felt such an oppression because I was encountering the occult philosophies from which God had delivered me through Christ. This is from a Masonic site:
    Also, on the same page:
    From Albert Pike Mystic

The page goes on to talk about the Cabbala (or Kabbalah), a mystical occult and Gnostic version of Judaism wherein one believes that the Torah contained hidden secret meanings. The Kabbalah, which was taught by the same organization where I took some astrology, psychic development, and past life regression classes and then later first taught astrology, and where I was resident astrologer, is the basis for Western esoteric Occult practices.

As I said earlier, like many occutlists, Pike quoted from the Bible and tried to blend esoterica with what he saw as Christianity (though without the belief in Christ as Savior). This is similar to what were known as the "Christian Gnostics" in the early church. They were a threat to the early church because they were trying to import gnostic beliefs via a syncreticism of gnosticism and Christianity. This is how many occultists were when Pike lived.

This quote from Pike (on another Masonic site):
    From Morals and Dogma, Ch. 32

This is pure Kabbalism and Gnosticism. The Kabbalah has the belief that man ascends back to God through esoteric knowledge and practices. Pike believed that man was an "emanation from God," a Gnostic and Kabbalist belief. The book is just full of one of the deadliest philosophies I've seen because it tries to sound pious and perverts Christianity. At least La Vey's Satanic Bible is upfront in where it's coming from. Pike's stuff is mired in his attempts to overlay Neoplatonism and Gnosticism with Christianity so it would go down more smoothly.

How can a Christian admire Pike? How can a Christian be in an organization that is tied up with Pike's beliefs, which were very religious in the esoteric occult manner? I posted all this mainly for those who want more info on Masonry. The link above, a Masonic site, has the text of Pike's book (a pop-up ad comes up asking for help in the campaign against anti-Masonic sites selling Masonic books on CDrom).

9. D28guy New Member

Marcia,

You said...

Absolutly.

It most certainly is.

God bless,

Mike

10. Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

Albert Pike is quoted alot, yet it has been stated over and over that what his writings were, were his own impressions and not based on just Freemasonry but a whole pile of different ideas.

To suggest that Albert Pike is a spokesperson for Freemasonry is exactly the same as if I suggested that the Baptist Church was wrong in its teachings because David Koresh said whatever concerning the book of Daniel in the Bible. Consider Herbert Armstrongs teachings on British Israelism, many Christians are into that stuff, yet its quotes from Scripture are lean and misinterpreted. Yet would it then be fair to penalise the whole church for the writings of one individual, and ascribe todays church teachings to them?

Masonic Funerals are not encouraged by the lodge, they are there for a pretty sad reason. That being that if a person has no religious affiliation, his friends will do a service for him. It is unfortunate also that Masonic Funerals are often used by people because they are Free when they cannot afford to pay the church. It is truly sad to see that there are churches that actually try and profit from funerals.

For all of the statements about Freemasonry and it being a religion, how about suppling a primary reference to how salvation is supplied. Show me where an assurance of Salvation is given in a masonic text without blinkers on.

There are many Christians in Freemasonry, particurly as there are orders in Freemasonry that are only For Trinitarian Christians. the "Red Cross of Constantine" for one.

Yes the Knights Templars also. I note that people are keen to take shots at them. Yet if they lived in that time I doubt they would have done any different. Should the same slur be placed on the Baptist Church because of Baptist Homophobes that have done sickening things to gay people? Definatley not.

11. frewtloop Guest

Before you go off on a bender, why not simply ask for clarification? Yes, Pike was a remarkable man. Confucius must have been a remarkable man also, as were Plato, Aristotle, Mohammed and a thousand other remarkable people I could name. I'm sure Hitler was "remarkable" in his own way, although the "remarks" most would make are highly unfavorable. I think you are reading your own ideas into what I mean by the word "remarkable."

I find Pike remarkable because of the evidence in Morals and Dogma of how widely read he was. He was a schoolteacher, a poet, a historian, an essayist, a trapper and explorer, a gourmet, a lawyer, a publisher, a humorist, an education reformer, a military commander, an oratorical speaker, a state supreme court justice, a social reformer, an advocate of Indians' rights, philosopher, Freemason--the man lived an incredibly active life in quite a wide range of areas--hence his was a remarkable life.

Obviously a subjective experience, I feel no such oppression in reading M&D, even though I too recognize a lot of philosphies and other material with which I do not agree, nor would ever agree. I'm afraid you have totally misread Pike, in spite of being shown already his own statement about how his book is to be taken. Pike's book is not the be-all and end-all, all-encompassing authoritative work on Freemasonry that people try to make it out to be. It ranks more as a thorough work on history of philosophy and world religions than anything else. Pike never intended anyone to swallow wholesale his entire book and everything in it. Far from it, he says over half of it is not his material, he has adopted it and included his words intermingled with it to the point he would not even put his name to it in a claim of authorship. He says anyone who wishes may object to anything in it, as he claims no authority for it. Nor does Freemasonry set it forth as authoritative, I daresay you will not find a single Grand Lodge jurisdiction that has this work used in any authoritative way. As I already pointed out, it is used far more by antimasons to pick and choose little snippets of it that they can isolate to construct a criticism of Freemasonry.

You seem to have brought with you into Christianity some inordinate fears. Christ has a solid link and an incredible hold on you if you will truly see it for what it is. You seem to fear the least little thing from your past, as though coming into contact with any of those things again is a contamination. Never fear, your perseverance has very little to do with your hold on Him and everything to do with His hold on you. The Kabbalah, in my estimation, is pretty mild stuff, I have a website that daily sends me little short studies, almost a devotional-like format, which I mostly glance over and go on, there simply isn't that much depth to what it has to say. And on the occasional circumstance when it does have something to say which I take as true, I don't get all knotted up about where it came from, since there are many other places where I find expressions of truth in the world. Because to me, all truth is God's truth, and is not limited to just the Holy Bible or to Christian frameworks. Although the Bible is my primary source on spiritual truth, I see nowhere in its pages where it claims to contain it all. Even John, at the end of his gospel, spoke of things that Jesus did and said which if written, the world could not contain all the books.

I do not mean to belittle your estimation of things outside Christianity, or of sources you label "occult," nor am I suggesting you embrace such things. But I would suggest that perhaps the feelings you experience at such contact are intended more for your benefit than as something to automatically make sweeping generaliations that get applied to others. You seem to try to portray a certain discernment that comes with having once been involved in such things. I know the feeling, I spent many years "on the other side," in heavy drug addiction. I wasn't into the philosophy side of things, just the old thrill-seeking adventure, but I knew enough to go the other way when I once came into contact with someone professing to be a witch, who owned some books on witchcraft. Since returning, I too feel I have a certain discernment that has come with experience. And Freemasonry has been a very different sort experience in that whole range.

It's not like I just jumped in and swalllowed a whole line of hogwash, I have looked at it from both sides, was once as convinced as you are that it was not of God. But time and further experience have made me re-examine everything I thought was so, and find that things were not as I once believed. And the biggest issue with me is, if this thing is supposed to be so incredibly evil, then where are all these evil Masons who are supposed to be coming out of it? All I can see is, we have all these horrible men sneaking around behind our backs building hospitals for children, helping people who have no other means of paying for such care, starting eye foundations, donating to charitable causes, being involved in probably more ways than we can imagine in guiding our youth, teaching and upholding moral principles of loving, active service to God and their fellow human beings. And no matter what your insistence might be to the contrary (as per your earlier post), this is the evidence of what our Lord Jesus Christ refers to as "fruit," and tells us is to be produced in our lives. Not to quibble points with you, but I think you would be hard pressed to find one instance in Jesus' teaching in which He speaks of fruit as a direct reference to "teaching" rather than as the godly attitudes and character He imparts to us, and the results of those dispositions when put into action.

Show me a consistent pattern of Freemasonry producing the opposite kind of fruit, rather than men who are actively seeking to allow God to transform their character and make them instruments of His grace and peace as they relate to family, church, community, and nation, and perhaps I will agree you have a case. But so far no one has ever quite been able to answer that challenge. And in fact, it gets mostly ignored, mainly because it cannot be done.

TW

P.S. I am familiar with the link you provided for Morals and Dogma, and it is one I still find I have trouble getting the links to work. One I have no problem with is below (although I post it reluctantly because it is actually an anti-masonic site). Be aware that this particular site has certain omissions at various points in the book. The ones that I have observed, though, are not significant as to content, with one glaring exception: they have neglected to include Pike's preface, which basically lays out the whole framework for understanding the book at all. In what amounts to a disclaimer and an absolute negation of antimasonic views of his work, Pike says:

http://www.illuminati-news.com/e-books/morals-dogma/apike.htm

12. O.F.F. New Member

The Worm,

You wouldn't happen to be *snip* the UMC pastor who recently became a Mason, would you?

The reason I ask is because, I have read your several posts here, and they sound a LOT like the ones he posts on other sites.

It would be nice if you would tell us your real name. However, if you'd rather remain anonymous, that too would be something he would do.

In any event, can you at least tell us if you are a Mason and, if so, what jurisdiction do you hail?

Mike Gentry
    (a.k.a. OFF)

From the moderator:
    OFF, your post was edited in order to protect the privacy of the person you addressed. If he wishes to remain anonymous that is his option and right. Other posters should not reveal personally identifying information about other posters. Other than that, welcome to the board and post away.
    ~~Gina

[ May 18, 2004, 10:40 AM: Message edited by: Gina L ]

13. O.F.F. New Member

To All,

As we have seen here, there are many who vehemently defend Freemasonry as if it were compatible with biblical Christianity, even to the point of suggesting that there's such a thing as Christian lodges. Click on the following title to dispel such a myth:

The Myth of the Christian Lodge

14. Jacob Webber New Member

The E5-11 website that Mike has posted I would not recommend not because they are Anti-Masonic but they seemed obsest with Freemasonry and not about promoting Christ. Sevral times while I posted at the sit I tried to descuss other things than Freemasonry such as the Trinity and the Age of the Earth and the Great White Throne Judgement. They kept bringing up Freemasonry instead of wanting to talk about Jesus Christ the whole reason they said they were there for to begin with. I shared my testimony and was told that it was not real. I was called Stupid and Spritialy Blind by one of the Moderators. So please if you visit the E5-11 website becareful and open minded check both sides the Pro and Anti.

15. O.F.F. New Member

Corey Webber,

I did NOT post a website, but rather a PDF file to an article from their website.

Would you now like to address "The Myth of the Christian Lodge" which I posted, or are you intent on distracting the discussion away from the biblical incompatibility of Freemasonry as you have just admitted doing at E5-11?

Mike

16. O.F.F. New Member

17. Jacob Webber New Member

(which I posted, or are you intent on distracting the discussion away from the biblical incompatibility of Freemasonry as you have just admitted doing at E5-11)

Mike in the
    off topic section at the E5-11 website is were I posted and yet those there would drag Freemasonry back into it. But no I am not trying to get off topic I just stated what problems I ran into at E5-11 and told evryone to look at both sides the Pro and Anti Masonic but you seemed to overlooked that part. I will read the Pdf file and get back with you.

18. Marcia Active Member

Worm, first of all, I am not afraid of things from my past. If you look at my website, you will see that I actually have a whole ministry on it --that is, the New Age and the occult. I was immersed in these beliefs for most of my life until December, 1990, when God delivered me from them through Christ. I also teach in churches and at conferences on them. I've been doing that part-time for 10 yrs. and full-time for 6 yrs. I am actually considered an expert in this area. I've been quoted in books and newspapers, been interviewed for news articles, been on many radio shows, and have written magazine articles on these topics. I am consulted by pastors and other ministries. I say this to show that I was not a dabbler and that I am not talking about things I don't know about when it comes to the occult, roots of the New Age, the Kabbalah, Pike, and other related areas. I am hardly afraid of these things. Christ set me free and now I expose them. I would never say these things about Pike unless I was sure of them.

Yes, Pike drew from any beliefs but he clearly finds no problem with most of them. He expresses a philosophy and belief system in M & D; he was not just writing randomly for the fun of it, after all. It is the esoteric occult philosophy of reaching the Divine through our own efforts. This is also a belief in ceremonial magick, which was Aleister Crowley's belief, although such people use magickal rituals to get there (much of ritual magick is based on the Kabbalah). People like Pike, Blavatsky, Israel Regardie, Eliphas Levi, Steiner, Ouspensky, and other occutlists, were the advocates of intellectual esoteric ideas and practices to symbolize those beliefs.

They believed that "awareness" came from ascension to the "light" of understanding. There is no concept of salvation because they do not believe one needs to be "saved," only liberated from ignorance. That is why "salvation" is not taught as such in Freemasonry, although the Jacob's ladder thing I quoted (from a Masonic book as I indicate) is a good representation of their idea of liberation and ascending to heaven.

Worm, you talk about fruit as though it is just behavior. But we are told clearly in the Bible that we are to examine teachings. Fruit is not just behavior but also what one believes and teaches. I have known New Agers and even witches who behave better than some Christians -- they are kind, will help you at a momen't notice, are loyal, give genrously, have good ethics, etc. Mormons are also known for their moral stance. Does these mean that because of this behavior they are okay? Of course not! Their teachings are totally unbiblical. So teachings are just as important as behavior.

And if you think the Kabbalah is mild, you are not aware of what it is. The Kabbalah is from Gnosticism; it is directly opposed to God's word and to Christian beliefs. Kabbalah and gnostic beliefs include the belief that Satan is not totally evil and can be redeemed; that Lucifer was bringing wisdom to man in the Garden; that God is an Absolute principle, unknowable by man (called Ein Sof in the Kabbalah); and that man is really spirit from the Absolute and is trapped in a body.

Below is an entry on the Kabbalah from my site:
    From Occult Terms

The books and authors quoted in the entry above are listed at the end of the 4 pages.

19. Jacob Webber New Member

1. Worshipful Master means Repectable Man
    and there is no Secret Name of God in Freemasonry

2. The penalties are symbolic read Born in the Blood by John Robinson for futher explaintion

3. Abert Pike is not recommended by a Majority of Masons because he uses such poetic writing that He is easliy misunderstood.

4. If this is wrong than evryone is wrong when you are asked lets say when yo are moving into a new house and you have your moving van packed for of you things including your Bible. When someone ask you what you have in the van do you reply my things and my Bible or do you say my Things. If you have a book shelf full of books One of which is your Bible to you tell people that your book shelf has books and a Bible or do you say there are books on the Shelves.

5. This one should not even be on here because a person could take light to mean salvation. When Freemasonry clearly teaches light as knowledge. Just because something can be mistaken does not mean it is wrong. It just means your perseption of it is wrong.

6. I can not speak for the Scottish Rite but the Blue Lodge does not teach Salvation and the York Rite teaches Salvation thru Jesus.

7. Freemasonry does not Teach all people will be saved. That is why it uses words like MAY it be your portion to hear well done.

8. This is not the teaching of Freemasonry. Freemasonry does not require a certain skin shade to become a member. This is totaly false. Although some people in Freemasonry are Rasist the Teachings of Freemasonry are not.

Prince Hall is a Masonic body of Aficain American Masons

20. O.F.F. New Member

Way to go Marcia,

I want to commend you for your posts to "The Worm" as you have made some solid points. One in particular is worth reiterating:

This brings to mind 2 Corinthians 10

4The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. 5We demolish arguments (smashing warped philosophies, refute arguments, destroying speculations, casting down twisted theories and faulty reasonings and every proud and lofty thing) and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ. (emphasis mine)

It is interesting to also note that many of the occultists/satanists you mentioned in your last post such as Crowley, Pike, Blavatsky, and Levi are -- or were -- all Masons! Although I plan to visit it in more detail, I find your website very interesting, and it contains a lot of helpful information to equip saints in this spiritual battle against the New Age Movement.

Thanks, and may God bless you and your ministry!

Mike