God's CHOSEN are always SAVED

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by atpollard, Oct 26, 2020.

1. MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    When do we become like God? when we are adopted. We certainly are not like God. We still sin. God does not sin.
    Nothing about adoption. We cannot be adopted because the flesh has not been redeemed.
    MB

2. atpollard Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Can you identify which word in the KJV of those Genesis verses is the English word translated as [G1588] in the LXX?

Since the Greek word has two radically different meanings that are represented by two (or more) different Hebrew words in the OT, I really do not see how the Hebrew word for a "fat, delicious" cow is comparable to a different Hebrew word for a person "selected" by God. On this we will have to agree to disagree.

3. MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Please show scripture where it says we become elect?
    MB

4. atpollard Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    It may be really simple.
    However 2 Thessalonians 2:13, which you claim "indicates the Thessalonians were chosen for salvation", is the only SCRIPTURE that you have chosen to offer. Therefore the rest of your "really simple" opinions are based on an appeal to the opinions of Dr. Dan Wallace. Repeating an opinion is not the same as offering scripture that supports your opinion.

That may be sufficient for you, but I went looking to see what GOD has to say in His Bible. So thank you for sharing your opinions, but I am searching for God's opinion and not man's opinion.

5. MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I sincerely hope you find it. When we interpret scripture is really nothing but an opinion.
    MB

6. Derf B Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    [Rom 9:4 NKJV] 4 who are Israelites, to whom [pertain] the adoption, the glory, the covenants, the giving of the law, the service [of God], and the promises;
    Maybe that's because you've never had your own cows before.

7. JonShaff Fellow Servant
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Paul said in Ephesians 2:3
    among whom we all once lived in the passions of our flesh, carrying out the desires of the body and the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, like the rest of mankind.

8. JonShaff Fellow Servant
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Paul said in Ephesians 2:3
    among whom we all once lived in the passions of our flesh, carrying out the desires of the body and the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, like the rest of mankind.

Romans 4
    16 Therefore, the promise comes by faith, so that it may be by grace and may be guaranteed to all Abraham’s offspring

We become part of Abraham's Family (the Elect ones) AFTER Faith in Christ.

Psalm 33:12
    Psalm 105:6

9. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    seems that is a problem by some on this board!
    Staying ground and fixed on their own bad pet theology!

10. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    NT election is on an individual, not cooperate basis, so carry on!

11. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Right now have been saved and sealed and adopted, already an heir with Christ!

12. MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Even Abraham lacked election. It didn't start until Jacob. Election is to service and that only of the Jews.Yet none of these verses confirm election of anyone but Jews. Are you Calvinist or Arminian ?
    MB

13. MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You may e saved yet your flesh has not been redeemed.
    MB

14. atpollard Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have had a cow ... they like to step on your feet. ;)

15. Sai Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    It’s not even worth looking up man. Elect means redeemed. Foreknowledge means preplanned. God preplanned for the redeemed to be saved and used election to determine who would be with Christ in glory.

The facts are that 99.99% of the human race are not going to be saved.

Joy unspeakable full of glory

16. Dave G Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree.
    All of God's children were, by nature ( in their hearts ) the children of wrath even as others were.
    I both agree and disagree.
    I see that we as believers are "in Christ" ( placed within the spiritual body of Christ ) after we have believed ( Ephesians 1:13 ).

However, according to Ephesians 1:4-5, the believer was chosen "in Christ" ( to be placed within the body ) before the foundation of the world.
    Therefore, they were elect from that point....
    Foreknown, predestinated, etc. ( Romans 8:29-30 ).

They had an inheritance prepared for them from the foundation of the world ( Matthew 25:34 ) and their names were written in the Book of Life at that point ( Revelation 13:8, Revelation 17:8 ).
    Also, given that according to John 6:37-47, no one can come to Christ unless it is given to them by the Father to do so, and given the same thing in John 6:64-65 and that Christ does not give eternal life to anyone that is not given to Him by His Father ( John 17:2-3 )...
    Then one must first be a sheep in order to believe on Christ ( John 10:26 ), as well as it being given to them in the behalf of Christ to both believe on Him and to suffer for His sake ( Philippians 1:29 ).

But that wasn't my question, Jon.
    My question was,
    Referring to Galatians 4:1-7.

I thought it helpful to show you what I see, line by line, when I read it for myself;
    I'm curious...
    What do you see when you read it?

17. Derf B Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    If they’re mean, they are by definition “fat and delicious”.

And I try to keep my feet away. My daughter had one push her into the water tank once, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. AustinC Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Where do you get this opinion. Provide the verses and the explanation of those verses to show your reasoning.

I'm giving you a chance to clearly prove your thoughts. Please share.

19. percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I believe the appointed heir of all things, the Son of God, has obtained by inheritance all things and the Spirit has made us joint heirs but not yet inheritors. I believe heir and inheritor are time relevant.

20. AustinC Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Explain how God calls us sons in the present tense. (This also calls into question those who claim the adoption as sons is future tense.)

Hebrews 12:5-7
    And have you forgotten the exhortation that addresses you as sons? “My son, do not regard lightly the discipline of the Lord, nor be weary when reproved by him. For the Lord disciplines the one he loves, and chastises every son whom he receives.” It is for discipline that you have to endure. God is treating you as sons. For what son is there whom his father does not discipline?