1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Have/would you take the Covid vaccine?

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Stratton7, Apr 30, 2021.

?
  1. Yes, I’ve taken it

52.3%
  2. Yes, I plan to

4.5%
  3. No, there’s not enough info yet

9.1%
  4. No, it’s dangerous

11.4%
  5. Other- (please state what it is)

22.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gold Dragon

Gold Dragon Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    VAERS is a US thing. We have our equivalent in australia which we use for all vaccines in our practice. I have not had to use it for the 100 or so vaccination under my care so far because there have been no reactions (we are using Astra Zeneca only). The roll out is slow here because of supply issues and the wait list for covid19 vaccine appointments was going to August.

VAERS and other systems like it are reporting systems to cast a wide net for potential trends. It is not meant to be used to advise consumers or clinicians but for researchers. Just because something was reported to VAERS does not mean it was caused by the vaccine. It means researchers need to investigate for potential causation since many events have nothing to do with the vaccine at all.

2. Reformed1689

Reformed1689 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Reality....my date of death is already determined. My method of death is already determined. Not worried about Covid.

• Like Like x 1
  3. AustinC

AustinC Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    We can agree on this. For me, I recognize that there are more open doors of opportunity by getting the vaccine. There are now places I can go where I can minister to others that I couldn't do otherwise.

4. Gold Dragon

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Good for you. I have patients tell me the same thing but still choose to get vaccinated. The reason: they care about the people around them, their neighbours and family members.

I have patients who will refuse to get any vaccines (conspiracy theories and misformation is a global problem), refuse to get the Astra Zeneca vaccine or just overall have questions and are hestitant. With all of them I ask what their concerns are and try to address them respectfully with evidence based information, knowing that I am swimming against a tide of online misinformation for profit that is rampant in our current climate.

Another reason to get vaccinated is that every new case is an opportunity for the virus to develop into a new strain that is potentially resistant to our current immunity with vaccines. India is now a hotbed for new strains with all the cases happening there. This battle with the virus will not end until most of the globe is vaccinated.

5. Stratton7

Stratton7 Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Tropes? You blind? You said your patients... Oh man. I’d be terrified to be your patient if I had any inclination of what was happening. Sounds like stuff Fauci would say.
    They ask questions on the Astra Zeneca because of it’s history of blood clots, is that not feasible?

6. Reformed1689

Reformed1689 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nowhere I can't go without a vaccine.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Gold Dragon

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You would rather your doctor get their information from youtube conspiracy theorists who have been admitted to medical fraud rather than medical journals and guidlines?

I'm definitely not the doctor for you.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Stratton7

Stratton7 Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    That’s just ONE subject sir. How could you, as a doctor, advise shots that we’re doing the same thing J&J we’re doing, and wonder why?????? @Gold Dragon. (Sry didn’t quote).

9. Stratton7

Stratton7 Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would rather my doc not give me the wipe from MSM liberal left agenda about what’s going down and the false information. Luckily, I have a place where I can. Please stop suggesting to your patients it’s safe. NO one really knows especially with all the deaths from it.. that doesn’t look good for you.

10. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  11. Gold Dragon

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I'm sorry you believe that about the covid19 vaccine but it just is not true.

I don't get my medical information from youtube or any source of media.

I get it from medical journals and medical guidelines.

In terms of deaths from clotting from the Astra Zeneca and J&J vaccines, I think we are up to 1.4 million Astra Zeneca vaccinations in Australia and we have had 1 death from clotting. The patient had other risk factors for clotting and she did not have the antibodies that was typical of the cases with TTS (thrombosis with thrombocytopenia syndrome) so it is very possible her clot had nothing to do with the vaccine. We have had other cases positive for TTS but none have died so far. The reason they are all over 50 is because we are not giving the Astra Zeneca vaccine to people under 50 anymore.

The TGA (our FDA) publishes a weekly report on covid19 vaccine safety data and adverse events.

COVID-19 vaccine weekly safety report - 06-05-2021

We have 2.2 million people vaccinated altogether, about 1.4 million Astra Zeneca and the rest are Pfizer.

#131 Gold Dragon, May 14, 2021
    Last edited: May 14, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Gold Dragon

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Fauci is a highly respected doctor. I'm thankful for that comparison. I know your media sources don't like him so much because he was loyal to medical evidence rather than Trump or politics.

I get lots of questions about the clotting risk and I often bring it up before they do since I know they will ask.

#132 Gold Dragon, May 14, 2021
    Last edited: May 15, 2021
  13. AustinC

AustinC Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I doubt this is actually true, unless you don't visit the elderly in nursing homes or go into jails to share the gospel or go onto many college campuses.
    Yet, I don't know the bubble you live in so in your world you probably don't need to be vaccinated to go where you wish to go.

14. Gold Dragon

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
  15. Paul from Antioch

Paul from Antioch Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I did get the J&J shot on May 8....As a 75th BD present to myself (b. May 9, 1946). Actually it took me longer to get registered for the shot than the shot itself. Since I'm a retired military vet, I'm entitled to TRICARE for Life. The TN ANG wing from which I retired in Jan 2005 only issued me a blue (Retired Vet) ID card & I was told that this card would suffice for notifying anyone that I was, in fact, eligible fro TRICARE for Life. Past past Saturday (May 8, 2021) I went to a Wal-Mart Super Center for some items that I'd run short on, & there I saw this sign informing me that Covid-19 vacc's were availible at the Pharmacy Dept. I went up to the counter & produced both my TN Drivers License & my Blue ID card. Apparently I was the first retired vet to register then since neither the person supposedly in charge of registering people for the shot AND the Pharmacist in Charge had never been trained to accept my blue ID card as proof of my eligibilty of TRICARE for Life. SOOOOO....the P in C THEN had to call "somebody" who was supposedly over the registration process, and HE didn't have a clue either!! :eek::eek: I don't know whom that person talked to to tell the persons in charge that, in fact, a blue ID card WAS in fact, acceptable (probably POTUS K Harris!! :Roflmao:Roflmao), but THEN the person actually giving me the shot didn't want to accept my blue ID before she would administer the J&J shot!! Thank goodness I'd already gone to the rest room prior to all this "Government-Sponsored Fiasco"!! :confused::confused: After about 90 minutes, believe or not, I was given what I was told was that Wal-Mart Super Center's very last shot!!! Don'tcha just love the new, modernized, cut-the-excess baggage Federal govt's way of speeding up things?? :Whistling:Whistling:Whistling And this is POTUS K Harris's first year!!! Can't wait to see what it'll be like after 3.5 yrs!! :p:p:p:p:confused::confused::confused::Mad:Mad:Mad:Sleep:Sleep:Sleep

16. Stratton7

Stratton7 Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you say so... (not agreeing). Amongst all the other similar clottings at the exact same time.
    And you thinking Fauci is highly respected says a lot. (Not in a good way).

#136 Stratton7, May 15, 2021
  17. Gold Dragon

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    She is still categorized as having died from a severe clotting adverse event after the Astra Zeneca vaccine and it is terrible that it happened. She doesn't fit the typical case for TTS so what caused it is not that clear.

And so far we have had 11 cases in total that have been identified with TTS (0 deaths) and it looks like 3 others that are under investigation but don't fit the current criteria. This is in a total of 1.4 million vaccinations given. 1 in 100000 seems like the ratio we are getting so far for clotting and around 1 in million for death. All my patients are aware of these risks for the AZ vaccine. There does not appear to be any additional risk for clotting from the Pfizer vaccine.

No problem. I'm not interested in pleasing those who choose politics over evidence.

#137 Gold Dragon, May 15, 2021
  18. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Fauci I I said no one should be walking around wearing masks. Them when it became politically expedient he said we must wear them. Then he said we would be wearing them for years, then he said to double up,

The Dems condemned the vaccine while Trump was in office. Said they would have nothing to do with it. Now they want to cram it down everyone’s throat that they got in office.

sorry but that is not conspiracy theory those are facts and it is all political. I don’t trust them and I don’t trust what they want done. Period

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Wingman68

Wingman68 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Neil Young is a raging liberal, ‘a southern man don’t need him around anyhow’, Skynyrd.

20. Gold Dragon

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    When Fauci said not to wear masks, it was because there was a supply problem and masks needed to be reserved for health care workers. That was the right call at that time.

When the mask supply problem was resolved, it made sense that everyone should wear them. That was the right call too.

Covid19 is likely going to be with us for years and we don't know how long immunity from vaccinations will last so some form of mask wearing for years is a scientifically sound recommendation, especially if lots of people don't get vaccinated.

When there was evidence that doubling up helped, he recommended it. That is how making decisions based on evidence works.

I am not aware of any democrat that was opposed to vaccination but if there was, I suspect they were the exception not the rule. If you show evidence of your statement, I would have no problem acknowledging I was wrong. I don't have very high expectations from you based on your history here.

Edit - the masks for years thing was for influenza which is also a reasonable idea. But he was not saying that was necessarily a recommendation.

There are many people from countries severely affected by SARS in 2003 who have since chosen to wear masks in public. There will be a lot of people doing the same after covid19 from even more countries and from a personal and public health perspective, that is probably not a bad idea.

#140 Gold Dragon, May 15, 2021
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.