How did you arrive at Calvinism?

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by S0l0m0n, Dec 12, 2019.

1. Walpole Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    It's been discussed. Scroll through this tread starting here ---> www.baptistboard.com/threads/the-effects-of-calvinism-on-scripture.114282/page-2#post-2550598

Judas aside, isn't it illogical for a Calvinist to ask, "How did you arrive at Calvinism?" Shouldn't a more logical question be: "When did God drag you?"

2. S0l0m0n Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Perhaps I'll even go off the thread subject.

As there is irresistible grace, then is it possible that God allows Satan to drag sinners into evil acts, being possessed of a devilish spirit?

That devilish spirit would then inevitably show some of the following attributes:
    debate (here's the starting point; where it's not iron sharpening iron, but iron trying to cut flesh),
    deceit (presenting a loaded question with only the intention to entrap),
    malignity (there is nothing but hatred for what they deem to be 'Calvinism'),
    proud (they are unteachable in the truth),
    implacable (they never let up until they lose interest; almost animalistic, the 'brute beasts' of 2 Peter and Jude).

3. InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks for the laughs. It was needed.

4. Particular Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
  5. S0l0m0n Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Said the man with the Looney Tunes inspired profile pic, who expects people to take him seriously.

6. InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Fail.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

7. S0l0m0n Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is exactly like Looney Tunes, it's similar to Hitchcock's Vertigo.

Then where is it from? Look up both of those. I'm not slandering you... you picked the cartoon profile pic.

8. Walpole Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Who is Squire and what does he / she need to talk to me about? Have him / her reach out to me if there's anything I can do.

9. InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I see that you joined five days ago. I've been here for nine years. (Hey, my anniversary date is tomorrow.)

You made a comment that this particular forum and this entire board is anti-Calvinist. Because I have history here I can tell you that you are incorrect. There are significantly more Calvinists here than non-Calvinists. Also, the Calvinists are a louder group and post more frequently. Most of us non-Cals are weary from the constant rotation of Calvinists that come on here and rehash all the old arguments. This is why I have a numbered guide to the arguments in my signature. Generally speaking we non-Cals rarely rise to the bait anymore.

Five days in and you are already making snide remarks about people on here. I created my avatar by photo-shopping a stylized image of the sun and overlaying it with a photograph of myself wearing sunglasses.

I'm "In The Light", get it?

This is the Looney Tunes logo:

And this is the movie poster from Vertigo:

So yes, you failed with your assertion that I was using the Looney Tunes logo for my avatar pic.

10. InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Squire Robertsson is one of the moderators. Particular is suggesting that you need to be disciplined for posting something not related to the original subject matter. Like that NEVER happens around here, and Particular has never been an offender in this regard. Sheesh. Besides, I think Squire has better things to do than come to the aid of someone that is so easily insulted by an off-topic post.

11. Walpole Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

Oh no!

I guess I'm really in trouble now...

12. tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yeah!... After the Squire gets done with them, they kinda look like that... Brother Glen:Roflmao

13. Particular Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    @Squire Robertsson can discuss flaming on a thread and failing to speak to the topic. Perhaps he would prefer a pm. But, you have been asked by the OP to address the topic and you refuse.

14. S0l0m0n Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ?! Said the man who previously mocked my serious comment by saying out of the blue:
    And you need to see Vertigo... see, it is similar.

15. S0l0m0n Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Now that I've practically derailed the thread myself.

Thanks Particular for attempting to keep some order.

16. S0l0m0n Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are you kidding me?
    You came out of the woodwork to mock this thread in post #7.
    You only came to sow discord.

1 Timothy 4:2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;

17. tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    For those of you who are new it is in his discretion to close the OP... When he has felt the OP has run its course he will let us know he is closing it and also tell us when he is going to do it... Sometimes he will close it with no notice... The poster has been banned, the post has been derailed, or reported... I feel it in my bones he's near... He is known on here as The Closer!... FYI... Brother Glen:)

18. Walpole Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I just reached out to him and I copied you on it so you are in the loop. Thanks for letting me know he needed to talk to me.

19. S0l0m0n Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thank-you Particular, Dave Gilbert, Brother Glen, Reformed, 1689Dave, and Yeshua1 for giving an informative and well thought out response.
    (My apologies if I forgot someone.)
    Your posts were edifying, and I'm sure there will be others who are helped and strengthened by the posts as well.

20. Particular Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You can contact @Squire Robertsson and ask him to close the thread if you wish. That would end the negativity.
    God is good.