How should christians treat the saved homosexual?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Matt22:37-39, Apr 12, 2013.

1. Matt22:37-39 New Member

AMEN!...Zaac I guess we and a few others can be glad God has revealed to us the truth of how to treat others...are we perfect at it no, but better than most I am sure....keep up the good work no matter the opposition..."FOR GREATER IS HE THAT IS IN ME THAN HE THAT IS IN THE WORLD"

2. Matt22:37-39 New Member

bump

I see where many are having a problem, me included. Believe me I might agree with you more than you think, but it is the ABSOLUTES that you make, for we do not know mans heart only God does and it is only for God to judge and do His work the way He wants, in His time, like He does each one of us. I have a hard time when a person makes a blanket statement or says they KNOW for sure what CONDITION another person is in. Or their eternal destination without knowing all the facts that ONLY God knows.

I am seeing this is where I am having a problem. yes I know what the bible says, I also know that not everyone who claims to be born again is...therefore if they are living in habitual sin they probably are not saved...but the question then becomes..."does this person feel bad about what they are doing, if nothing else do they realize in God's eyes it is wrong?" if so then this person is probably saved, if not and like many have said, they are proud in their SIN CONDITION and see no need to change then yes they are not probably are not of God...but I don't really know for sure...either way they need be drawn to God the way Jesus would do it...you know..."What Would Jesus Do?"...He wouldn't do what I have seen in some churches among some "Christians"...not at all, because I have seen the effects!

Another question I would have to consider is this...HOW LONG is God "All Suffering?"....He says He is...meaning His timing is not mine...he has His way of drawing His wayward children back to himself, I know He has me....my own experience has taught me this fact in the last 6 years when a pastor hit on me and we were kicked out of church for "Gossiping"...jerk, so I've been struggling ever since, with much demonic oppression, mainly coming from those who claim to know God... then the divorce...and then more trials and temptations, to where I JUST WANTED TO BE HAPPY, it wasn't to be found among believers, I eventually turned from God and did my own thing for 4 years....and He has mercifully, yet through many hardships, cause me each time to look to Him much like Job did and ask many question of WHY? I'd try to come back many times only to have another "ATTACK" and believe me they are still not over, although I know have peace about my circumstances.....I'm heading towards the 100 God mark on the scale...slowly but surely.

Anyway I came back in June and God has been doing a wonderful work in me that I NOW see a future of HOPE and not HARM...Jer 9:11

So again all I know is what WORKED for me would work for anyone, even the homosexual. And that is what has told me to SHARE....

So maybe we are saying the same thing yet in different ways?

3. Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Grace does not give us license to sin; nor does it give us license to ignore sin.

4. Zaac Well-Known Member

So why have we always taken license to call some things an abomination in order to make a point but not others? Are we ignoring the other sin because it's OURS?

5. Steadfast Fred Active Member

God did not create homosexuals. Man chose to be homosexual due to his sin nature.

Don't put it off on God making it look like it is His fault that someone is a homosexual. They are homosexuals because they did not want to retain God in their knowledge so God gave them over to their lusts.

If they don't want to be labeled as homosexuals, they should have thought of that before they came out of the closets. But even then, even if they had not come out of the closet, they are still homosexuals because that is what the Word of God reveals them to be. God's Word has labeled them for what they are and there is nothing you can do about that except to pray that God will convince them that He will punish the homosexual not just for committing the physical act, but also because their desire is to be with someone of the same gender as themselves.

A man looks at a woman to lust after her, he is guilty of adultery.
    A man looks at a man to lust after him, he is guilty of sodomy.

6. Amy.G New Member

I've been following this thread and I don't see where anyone ignored other sins. The OP is about homosexuals. That's why that particular sin is being focused on. If you'd like, start a thread on lying or stealing and we will gladly post about those sins too.

7. Matt22:37-39 New Member

YEP, I guess he didn't make the hermaphrodite either, or the transgender whose brain doesn't match their body, or the person with no arms or legs, who ends up bi polar, schizophrenic, or any physical mess up that happens because we live in a fallen world....many claim to have always been attracted to the same sex never, never once the opposite, the yo have many up and down the scale, usually women...many people have NO SEXUAL desires for anyone, they are called ASEXUAL S...Michael Jackson comes to mind.

Point being there are many reasons including genetics, whether you believe it or not doesn't make it less true....

So think about that

8. Zaac Well-Known Member

I mean in general . That big old list of things that are called an abomination and not once not ever have I ever heard or read of Christians referring to anything but homosexuality as an abomination.

Perhaps you can shed some light on this oddity?

9. Steadfast Fred Active Member

A person is not a homosexual because of genetics. They are that way because of a wicked and deceitful heart.

10. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    EVEn WORSE though is when the church decides to, in a spirit odf 'tolerance and acceptance", teach the active Homosexual that God loves you, does not judge your behaviour, that he created you and condones your practice, just make sure you live in a commited relationship!

THAt message is straight from the pit of hell!

11. Amy.G New Member

I don't know of this problem in my church or Christian circles. I and those I know consider adultery, theft, or any other perversion just as much of an abomination as any other sin. I don't pick on just homosexuals. But I don't defend it either.

12. Zaac Well-Known Member

With the exception of God loving them, I too believe that to do so is equally wrong.

13. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    that was a misstaement, as I DO hold to God loving Homosexuals , its just that many times in todays climate, churches use that to bring the other junk in under umbrella of "God loves you so much!"

14. Zaac Well-Known Member

Do you refer to adultery, theft or any other perversion as an abomination is my point? It appears that when we want to emphasize just how bad a sin homosexuals are committed, we refer to it as an abomination. Why not do the same with the rest of the abominations?

15. Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I haven't. I tell unrepentent murderers, fornicators, adulterers, gluttons, liars, thieves, et al that they're sinning and God hates what they're doing.

No.

16. Zaac Well-Known Member

I thought that's what you meant.:1_grouphug: but I didn't want to presume.:laugh:

That's another one that kills me is that some churches will use god loves you to give folks a pass at committing all sorts of wickedness.

17. Amy.G New Member

I do. Adultery and divorce are some of the worst sins if you ask me. I know from experience. :tear:

18. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    But Homosexuality seems to be the only sin that has Churches celebrating thier tolerance and acceptance of a lnown to be sin lifestyle!

When has your church told murders/raptists/liers/thieves/adulteryers/fornicators that its ok, God understands and thinks you are just doing what he created you to do!

19. Amy.G New Member

NEVER! And we don't tell gays that either!

20. 12strings Active Member

Could you clarify what you are saying, and what difference it makes...

Are you saying God condemns homosexual acts, and homosexuals, but not homosexuality itself? I don't really follow the distinction you are trying to make.

Further, it is obvious God would not condemn a heterosexual orientation because that is what he created. Adultery, incest, peodphelia, beastiality, and homosexual acts are all distortions of God's design. NONE of those would exist, even as orientations/desires, if there were no sin...but heterosexual desire for one's spouse WOULD exist.