How to defeat the ME heresy

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by npetreley, Aug 6, 2007.

1. EdSutton New Member

Uh, I believe the one who told this parable is named Jesus. (Luke 19:12-27)

BTW, since this parable is about a nobleman who went into a far country to receive for himself a kingdom and return, who is this nobleman Jesus is speaking of?

Ya' think just maybe He might be speaking of Himself??

And He does end this parable with the nobleman talking about his enemies who didn't want him to reign over them, and he then commanded those who stood by to "bring here my enemies ... and slay them before me. (You think, maybe those who only want to see a "spiritual kingdom" and have nothing to do with a "physical kingdom", might somehow fit this classification of "who did not want me to reign over them"?? Just askin'!)

Oh yeah, he did start the parable after the declaration that Jesus and the disciples were nearing Jerusalem, and they (the disciples) thought the Kingdom of God "would appear immediately".

Hmmmm!

Kinda' does give one pause, no?? :D

Ed

2. Brother Bob New Member

Last time I answer these questions for you. They just may be too deep for you to grasp.

Here is your answer for the upteeneth time. Now, is you cannot understand the answers, you should not be asking the question, for you do not understand the question. Someone else must of give it to you.

3. 2 Timothy2:1-4 New Member

The method by which we repsond to the title of the op is to open your Bible under the leading of the Holy Ghost and believe what it says. ME is now defeated.

4. DHK <b>Moderator</b>

In your answer Bob, you answer as a Catholic would, and not Scripturally. The Bible does not distinguish between sin. It does not separate sin into venial and mortal sins as you do. Whether mortal and venial; outward and inward; unto death or not unto death; whatever way you want to define it--sin is sin. Any sin condemns a person, whether it be gluttony, drinking, adultery, lying, cheating, speeding, (breaking civil law), etc.
    Sin is a transgression of the law (1John 3:4). That's God's definition. We don't need to go by the RCC's definition of sin. That is what you seem to follow.

5. Brother Bob New Member

That is absolutely false doctrine DHK; you deny the word of God when you say that and I worry for you, for if any add to or take away, you know the punishment for it, so you are not doing it in ignorance.

1 John 5:
    16: If any man see his brother sin a sin which is not unto death, he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto death. There is a sin unto death: I do not say that he shall pray for it.
    17: All unrighteousness is sin: and there is a sin not unto death.
    18: We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.
    19: And we know that we are of God, and the whole world lieth in wickedness.
    20: And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.
    21: Little children, keep yourselves from idols. Amen.

It is so simple how Jesus separated the sins!!!!

Why, do you deny Jesus's word Himself? I do not understand. You are not alone though, there are several on here that are blinded to this scripture, and I do not know why. How could it help anyone to deny what Jesus said about "sin" itself, I will never know.:tear:

6. DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Jesus didn't separate sins. You do, and you do it ariticially according to your own whims and wishes. It is God that knows the heart of all men, not you. You are not even able to successfully define what "a sin unto death" is, so how would you know when to pray or not to pray for such a one. It is a totally hypocritical position to take. And it is Catholic in nature.

All unrighteousness sin. Note that! All unrighteousness; not some--but all. There is no division in sin. God, not you, knows what "a sin unto death" is. He is the one that decides. It is the last step in his process of judicial judgement on the believer. And I trust that you won't take God's judgement into your own hands.

Sin is the transgression of the law. (1John 3:4) It is a simple Scriptural definition of sin. Why not just accept it.

For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God. (Rom.3:23)
    --Sin is coming short of God's glory. It is missing his mark of holiness. We fail in that area as well. Are you as holy as He is? You sin when you miss that mark.

All sin is equal in God's sight. Any one sin is bad enough to condemn a person to hell. The consequences of our sins may be different. But all sin is rebellion against God, and thus there is no difference before God in whatever the sin may be. Sin is sin.

7. Brother Bob New Member

If someone makes a statement like that against what the Lord said, then they should give what "is a sin not unto death". answer please if you say they are all the same."

1Jo 5:17All unrighteousness is sin: and there is a sin not unto death. Answer please, what is it?

8. Hope of Glory New Member

Sin is sin, as far as God is concerned, but the penalties for different sins are different. At least here on this earth.

For example, the penalty for adultery is different than the penalty for theft. They're both sins, but the earthly penalties are different.

9. Brother Bob New Member

I agree, tell Lacy that.

10. Brother Bob New Member

What about:

1Jo 5:17All unrighteousness is sin: and there is a sin not unto death.

Jesus said this.

11. npetreley New Member

You keep repeating this, and I agree with the verses. Where we part ways is that I don't really know what the "sin unto death" is. You seem to think it includes things like adultery. I'm not going to argue that you're wrong, because I honestly don't know, but it doesn't seem right to me. As far as my life is concerned, it doesn't matter, because I hated the whole idea of adultery even before I became a victim of it. But I also don't know why you came to that conclusion.

12. Lacy Evans New Member

Is this your "answer" to my post?

Am I allowed to answer the question or is it rhetorical?

Seems like a rather silly conclusion to come to, having read my post.

I believe you may have missed, willingly ignored, or else misunderstood my point.

Lacy

13. Brother Bob New Member

You know, I believe in living a clean life. We have discussed it before, so why would you be asking me the same questions we talked about for days?

Anyway, I liked your post, best post of the night for me.

14. Brother Bob New Member

I believe you know what sin unto death is. If not, read the Bible and see what sins will cause you to miss Heaven, because if you miss Heaven, you sure will meet the second death in the face. I don't know why anyone would act like they don't know, unless they were trying to justify some sin, they knew was deathly wrong, or someone close to them is committing it.

15. skypair Active Member

Doesn't matter. The passage is not allegorical. If it was allegorical, you could make it mean whatever you wanted it to (as you apparently have).

Oirigin (circa 150 AD) was the one who started most of this allegorical interpretation. Of course, he was a Catholic and likely you are getting the same "feed" as his Bible.

skypair

16. skypair Active Member

We don't have to because the Spirit in us will love the Lord and others. But let's say you are not living "in the Spirit" (as you apparently assime). Then you are beholden to all the law. So which do you choose?

skypair

17. skypair Active Member

PUTTING ME-ers ON NOTICE.

Rufus -- "if we willfully sin, there is no more sacrifice but a fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall "devour" the adversaries." Heb 10:27 And might I add, devour them in this life on earth --- not in hell.

Rufus -- do you believe there is a "sin unto death?" Do you believe that would be sufficient punishment for the believer-sinner? Do you believe that misery in this life on account of sin is enough "purgatory" to go through and TO BE all that God has intended??

We're talking mostly about spiritual punishment but look at the man in 1Cor 5:1-5 who was cast out of the church/"kingdom." He was "delivered unto Satan," bro! That there seems to be the "kingdom" and the purgatory you are alluding to in your "if you don't obey, you're goin' to hell for 1000 years!" :tonofbricks: No believer is going to hell. And the kingdom they miss is the one we live in right now.

Look y'all, ME'ers. I hate to spoil your party but the "gig is up." Now that it has been shown you what you are referring to, it is your responsibility to "save others... pulling them out of the fire: hating even the garment spotted by the flesh."

Please stop the "Catholic-like insanity!"

skypair

18. skypair Active Member

Wrong application, James. In both cases, the "man"/"merchant man" is JESUS. HE paid for the field (earth) and will come back and resurrect the "treasure" (Israel).

As for the "pearl" --- Jesus paid the price for the Gentiles, too -- the "left behind" church who convert in the tribulation (See Mt 25:31-46, same-same). Course, Gentiles are in the "sea" of peoples, right? like pearls?

skypair

19. skypair Active Member

Bob -- I think all sins can be unto death if they are willful and continuous. I'm not sure if that is the point DHK is making but one of the "notices" that a sin may be unto death is one being turned over to Satan. I don't believe that after that the church is obliged to pray for the sinner. They are, and this is in keeping with what ME-ers see as "purgatory," "out of the kingdom" whilest still living on the earth -- not at some later time like the MK.

skpair

20. skypair Active Member

I believe that as long as we confess our sins, God withholds His judgment of our sin giving us time to repent, to walk away from sin rather than walk away from His kingdom. In my experience, God knows how tough some sins are to repent of (i.e. smoking). And like Dr Rogers used to teach, He there are 4 "levels" of chastisement/judgment: 1) conviction of conscience, 2) conviction by others, 3) personal loss on account of the sin, and 4) sin unto death.

skypair