How to defeat the ME heresy

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by npetreley, Aug 6, 2007.

1. DHK <b>Moderator</b>

1 John 2:1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

If a Christian cannot sin, then:
    1. Why would John put this caveat in 1Jn.2:1 "if any man sin"? Obviously he knew that we as Christians would sin, or he would not have said that.

2. Why would he call Christ our "advocate," if we have no sin for him to represent us, us being the guilty Christians that have sinned.
    In other Scriptures he is called our Intercessor, our mediator, our High Priest. Why? If we have no sin, why would Christ take these titles upon himself?

2. Brother Bob New Member

Well, you took that scripture and said "yea, I can sin".

If you read a little farther it says:
    If you read a little farther it says:
    1Jo 5:17All unrighteousness is sin: and there is a sin not unto death

1Jo 5:18¶We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.

Now that you read yourself into being able to sin and you took that scripture as if you could commit any sin known unto man. What do you do with the rest of 1John ????

Hbr 10:26¶For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,

I know we been down this road over and over, but I would like some answers from you concerning the rest of 1 John, and please don't add any words to the scripture, just give me a scripture answer? I can give you an answer for 1 John 2:1 (for there is a sin, not unto death) by righteous Jesus Christ, now would you give me an answer for the rest of 1 John and Hbr 10:26??

3. James_Newman New Member

No, brother, but you lose the prize.

Matthew 13:44-46
    44 Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto treasure hid in a field; the which when a man hath found, he hideth, and for joy thereof goeth and selleth all that he hath, and buyeth that field.
    45 Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto a merchant man, seeking goodly pearls:
    46 Who, when he had found one pearl of great price, went and sold all that he had, and bought it.

Christ says that if we understood the value of His kingdom, we would be willing to give all that we had to obtain it.

4. DHK <b>Moderator</b>

When will you learn not to answer a question with a question? Did you learn this tactic from the J.W.'s? Please, just answer my post.

5. Brother Bob New Member

I learned that from Jesus.

I did answer your question. I told you Jesus said "there is a sin, not unto death".

6. Brother Bob New Member

Do I obtain this by my self righteousness???
    Anyway, you are now talking about what the Lord did, not us.

7. DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Bob you continue to evade simple questions. Why are you afraid to answer direct questions concerning 1John 2:1. I await your answers without the red herrings.

8. Brother Bob New Member

1.And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.

(If you keep His commandments, then you have no greivous sins, for sin is the transgression of the commandments., Now there is also a sin that is not unto death, of which the children of God do commit in the outward man, and for that they recieve chastisement)

5: But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.

(now this is how you know you are one of his and I guarntee you if you are committing adultery, you do not fit this scripture.)

Now that I have answered yours, it only fair that you answer mine.

1Jo 5:17All unrighteousness is sin: and there is a sin not unto death

1Jo 5:18¶We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.

Now that you read yourself into being able to sin and you took that scripture as if you could commit any sin known unto man. What do you do with the rest of 1John ????

Hbr 10:26¶For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,

9. DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Bob, it was a simple question! Why can't you answer it? The question is back in post #161. It concerns 1John 2:1 and 1John 2:1 alone. Are you afraid if you that if you exegete this one verse that it will contradict the very theology that you believe? That is your problem isn't it? That is why you won't answer the questions that I have asked you of this simple verse. Please answer the questions that I have given you in post #161, concerning this one verse alone. No red herrings please.

10. Brother Bob New Member

Ok, get someone to help you with it DHK;, Its not to complicated.

11. DHK <b>Moderator</b>

It is not complicated. That is why it puzzles me that you are so reluctant to answer it.

12. Lacy Evans New Member

What do you mean by "self-righteousness"?

Seems like a loaded question to me.

"Oh no, God, I'm not gonna be obedient because I wouldn't want to be "self-righteous".

Is it Christ's righteousness that keeps me from being chastened in this life? I thought we all had Christ's righteousness. Is it Christ's righteousness that makes one servant get 10 cities, one five, one few stripes, and one few stripes?

Come on man. Are you gonna fear God and be obedient or not? That is the question.

Lacy

13. Brother Bob New Member

So, you are going to get ten cities are you?

14. Brother Bob New Member

Must be complicated, for I have answered it several times and you do not understand. You really need to get some help.

15. DHK <b>Moderator</b>

No Bob, you haven't. You have deferred to other Scripture. You have danced around it. But you have not directly answered the post and the questions asked therein. I can only conclude that in one verse your theology of "a Christian cannot sin" is totally destroyed, or else you would answer the post.

16. Brother Bob New Member

You have learned a tatic from the Calvinist, never accept an answer.:)

Hey DHK; you better keep up with your works or Lacy will be your "boss" in the literal kingdom, he is going to get 10 cities.
    According to Lacy, some are going to get a few stripes and some several. I figure the way you going, you going to get the hide whipped off of you.

17. EdSutton New Member

Ha- Ha- Ha- Ha.
    >
    "Point of order, Bro. Moderator!"

Uh, Lacy never said anything about that "he is going to get 10 cities".

Besides that, according to your theology you are posting here, there would be no cities in that day to begin with, hunh?? :)

Ed

18. James_Newman New Member

The cities are within him.

19. Brother Bob New Member

Well, he said one servant will and I just figured he put himself among the top vote getters.

20. DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I don't find humor in obstinancy, insult or ignorance.
    I'll repeat my post for your own good, though it was asked of you three pages ago.
    To this post I have seen no direct answer? Can you give a direct answer to these questions Bob. If not, I will consider that your doctrine on said subject is totally unscriptural.