1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured In what area's of life should disciples of Christ be concerned with?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by CalTech, May 13, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darrell C

Darrell C Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That the world is winning?

Not at all.

However, we can see a direct link between the rise of antichrist doctrine and policy with the failure of the Christian voice.

Those in power in this country used to fear God. We do not see that in Barack Obama, or Barack O'Biden. These are men who openly advocate homosexuality and murder. Obama stated on public television that he would rather see his grandchildren murdered than to see his daughters burdened with a child they didn't want.

No mention of a desire to see his daughters obedient to a Christian purity that should be taught to them.

Every daughter deserves a father that has their best interests at heart.

Continued...

• Like Like x 1
  2. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You act as if this is not something God can arrange.

2 Kings 6:15-17 King James Version

15 And when the servant of the man of God was risen early, and gone forth, behold, an host compassed the city both with horses and chariots. And his servant said unto him, Alas, my master! how shall we do?

16 And he answered, Fear not: for they that be with us are more than they that be with them.

17 And Elisha prayed, and said, Lord, I pray thee, open his eyes, that he may see. And the Lord opened the eyes of the young man; and he saw: and, behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire round about Elisha.

We have already overcome the world, Dave. Don't you want to help others overcome as well?

You can, you know. God has been using men and women to illustrate Satan's defeat for millennia.

Continued...

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually, no—they won't.

This is our world, my friend, and the world is trespassing.

And you don't feel that He is doing this when he sends men and women to preach life?

My last church had a missionary to Washington D.C., and his ministry was to meet with Senators and preach the Gospel.

Do you think He is being worldly, and fleshly, because he seeks to make an impact on kings and those in power?

Continued...

• Like Like x 1
  4. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is our world. We are just waiting for our inheritance.

I'm sorry, brother, that simply stands in direct conflict with what I see the New Testament instruction commands of us.

We are very much to be about seeking to see people saved. Abortion is just one front that gives us an opening.

While I will be the first one to recognize and even teach that only God can change a heart, we cannot overlook the fact that God has gifted men in preaching, teaching, and evangelism. And it is also apparent that we are to preach, teach, and evangelize the world.

That is just a basic principle that threads its way through the entirety of the history of GOd's People.

Continued...

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's God's world, and as children of God we should be busy about tending to the vineyard while He is in a far country.

I can understand that. I too would like to be delivered from this creation, but I have responsibilities in the here and now.

This is why we groan. This is why Paul wanted to be with the Lord in the rapture, and gain that heavenly body, but he did not want to achieve that simply by being unclothed (his spirit separated from his earthly body (2 Corinthinans 5).

His entire being was for the purpose of seeing other men come to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ.

He is a pretty good example to follow, don't you think?

Hope you had a quiet and peaceful night, my friend.

The days are coming when that might not be possible. I see the world stage being set for the Antichrist. The Democratic Mafia is gathering people who reject the will of God, and will be open to a "savior" that will speak the same lies they do.

While this unfolds, we should be doing everything we can to steer people in the right direction, rather than sitting back and watching them plunge headlong into destruction.

God bless.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I want a direct answer, not simply a defeatist attitude.

You seriously think that Christians burying their heads in the sand and not speaking out against evil won't matter?

I'll ask you this: is even one life saved by the Pro-Life movement, whether they be Christians or not—meaningless?

For this I apologize, because I too do not like to see the OP overrun with chatter.

It won't happen again, I will stick to addressing your doctrine and practice.

Because that is the heart of the OP.

Hey, thanks!

God bless.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A dismissal of Bible Doctrine is the first thing we might expect to see in those who have abherrant doctrine and practice they wish to pawn off as Christian Doctrine.

While I would agree that it is the instruction of the New Testament Epistles that are direct commands to the Body of Christ, we also maintain the principles of God's Word as a whole.

To illustrate that, we will look at Christ's expounding on the principle of the sanctity of life: murder begins in the heart. To hate your brother (and I think we could substitute brother with neighbor and still maintain the principle fully) without cause is to violate God's will.

What happened in the Garden, Cal, is relevant to all men of all Ages and Generations. Because of your dismissal of basic principles taught by the Word of God you don't seem to understand that.

Now let me point out that you are guilty of doing what you are trying to persuade others not to do: you are teaching and trying to make an impact on the very things you say Christians should not be doing.

You are performing as a missionary with an agenda. You can deny it, that won't change the truth.

Your dismissal of basic principles has blinded you to the relevance of the death penalty in a thread dealing with what Christians should or should not be doing.

The Liberal Agenda thinks it can silence their enemies by telling them what they should or should not say, what they can or cannot do, but let me clue you in on something: you have no power over me or the Word of God.

You will not silence Christians.

Your agenda isn't going to work among those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern good and evil.

Who are you going to censor here, my friend?

Maybe you are used to those in power shutting down the voice of the Christian, and think that's a good thing, but that is the very thing we fight against. We aren't supposed to bury our heads in the sand because of opposition. That is why so many Christians have died, and been willing to do so, that the Word of God go out and men be saved from the snare of the devil.

The death penalty and how Christians view that happens to be relevant to the topic at hand, so I would suggest you practice what you preach.

Continued...

• Like Like x 1
  8. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not sure what kind of church you attend, but I have yet to see a fellowship that didn't have men deciding who it was that would be Pastor, Deacon, and teachers in the local body.

Would you mind stating the name of your church please? I'd be curious to know what type of Baptist Church has a Pastor that the congregation didn't appoint.

Continued...

• Like Like x 1
  9. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And the fact that it is you that are seeking to censor aside, how exactly do you feel that speaking out against murder and promiscuity isn't according to the Lord's Biblical instruction?

And would you mind addressing the point?

It is because there were God-fearing men in power that you have the right to preach and teach and evangelize according to your doctrine and practice.

And it is because of those men that I have a right to confront you.

That's just a fact, Cal, and the instruction you give is not viewed as following the Lord's "Biblical standing," it is in fact the direct opposite.

The Democratic Mafia is just a result of the Liberal Agenda, and just one of its claws. They are actively seeking to shut down the voice of the Christian.

If you deny that, then it goes to show that your doctrine and practice is certainly to be avoided. You simply can't fight evil if you have your head buried in the sand.

You're quite welcome, it is truly my pleasure.

God bless.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, it seemed like a probability, seeing you ignored my responses to the OP.

I mentioned it specifically to see if it would get you to finally respond.

Seems like it worked, no?

Oh, of course, what I have to say is merely opinion, but what you have to say is the truth. lol

Not sure how you deny the Holy Spirit is the One that gives the Scripture that deny your doctrine and practice.

Address the Scripture, Cal. Then we will see who is promoting religion.

Continued...

• Like Like x 1
  11. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, it seemed like a probability, seeing you ignored my responses to the OP.

I mentioned it specifically to see if it would get you to finally respond.

Seems like it worked, no?

Oh, of course, what I have to say is merely opinion, but what you have to say is the truth. lol

Not sure how you deny the Holy Spirit is the One that gives the Scripture that deny your doctrine and practice.

Address the Scripture, Cal. Then we will see who is promoting religion.

Continued...

12. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is what I call being facetious.

If you stick around, you will see that I take the Word of God and what people teach very seriously.

So, in answer to your question, Cal, no, I wasn't being serious.

Sometimes it is, yes.

Is that something else you would forbid Christians doing? Having fun? Having a sense of humor?

If you still think that by the time I have addressed your doctrine and practice, we will revisit the issue.

;)

Continued...

13. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You haven't established that what the Lord says holds much value to you.

You are promoting a head in the sand mentality that is in conflict with the example given, not only by the Apostles, but by all of the men of God throughout Biblical History.

Your approach to Scripture promotes the unregenerate Peter, warming his hands and denying the Lord.

Not the regenerate Peter, preaching the Gospel despite a potential for death.

I believe I am witnessing that right now.

You seem very offended.

Agreed.

Who's selling anything? You're the only one trying to preach and teach your view.

And you get offended when someone addresses it.

Well, "My way or the HIghway" doesn't work too well around here. While there are diverse views among the Baptists around here, at the very least most of them have a reverence for the Word of God and sincerely view it as the only authority we have to determine Doctrine and Practice.

Continued...

• Like Like x 1
  14. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And should we not emulate our Lord?

Should we not follow in the footsteps and example of the Apostles?

Not according to your doctrine. We should not go into the world that men might be saved. We should simply keep to ourselves, right?

Deny that is what your doctrine teaches.

Continued...

• Like Like x 1
  15. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Didn't stop Christ from going into the world.

Didn't stop Christ from confronting the error of those in power.

We don't need anyone to testify of Man either, because we have the Holy Ghost to help us both recognize evil and confront it.

It's a false argument: just because we oppose blatant evil and seek to see men in power who are not advocating doctrine and practices of the devil doesn't mean we are placing our trust in man.

We do so because we too know what is in the hearts of men.

And then we take action, if we are able.

And having men and women in the military, voting against the Democratic Mafia, and seeking to see less children murdered in the womb are relatively easy ways we can make a difference against the evils of men.

Continued...

• Like Like x 1
  16. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, when the vessel itself is full of holes...

And you can only show that by addressing the Scripture already provided to you.

It's your thread, Cal, you have taken upon yourself the role of addressing every post.

Step up, and confirm that your doctrine and practice is righteous, and mine evil and unChristian.

God bless.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The first century culture of the Holy Land did not reflect Democracy, a form of government where the power to rule is derived from the consent of the governed. Much nonsense has been made of this. Clearly Biblical doctrine teaches it is better to be free than slave, thus not ruled by others without consent.

Giving to Cesar what belongs to Cesar (ruler over the area) includes serving according to the laws unless precluded by God's law. Thus soldiers can use lethal force in the performance of their duties. On the other hand, believers are to be salt and light, presenting truth to those enslaved in darkness. And of course, working together, Christians can be a force to elect those that seem to reflect God's will, honest, merciful, and just.

Galatians 5:1
    It was for freedom that Christ set us free; therefore keep standing firm and do not be subject again to a yoke of slavery.

Luke 20:25
    And he said to them, Render therefore to Cesar the things which are Cesar's, and to God the things which are God's.

Romans 13:3-4
    For rulers are not a cause of fear for good behavior, but for evil. Do you want to have no fear of authority? Do what is good and you will have praise from the same;for it is a servant of God to you for good. But if you do what is evil, be afraid; for it does not bear the sword for nothing; for it is a servant of God, an avenger who brings wrath on the one who practices evil.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes of course I am in the camp of Kingdom Now, because Christ is Lord.

What is a false teaching is that the wicked have squatter's rights.

You do understand that despite the fact that Satan is the god of this world he is not God, right?

Who was God when Daniel was thrown to the lions?

Who was God when a king sought to burn God's men to death?

Who was God when Peter was crucified?

Who was God when most of the disciples were put to death for preaching the Gospel?

Were they simply sitting back and uninvolved with the leadership in power at that time? Did they not openly reject the positions of those in power?

Only someone woefully ignorant of Scripture would conclude that the people of God should not be involved in the affairs of the world.

And yes, you can point out that it is God Who places people in power. He is the One that appointed those who had the rule over Israel. And it was those people we see being directly addressed by God through His spokesmen.

That is the Biblical and Christian view, Cal, and the one that we are to follow. We don't dismiss the principles taught in the Old Testament. When the Writer of Hebrews rebukes those ignorant of Scripture He states they are to go on unto perfection, not laying again the basic principles of the Word of God.

He doesn't say they are to abandon them (Hebrews 5:10-6:4).

Continued...

• Like Like x 1
  19. CalTech

CalTech Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist

20. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Whether you want to admit it or not, He rules over them now.

Who do you think allows men like Hitler, Hussein, or Biden to be in power?

Of course with Biden, we have to acknowledge the Democratic Mafia's role in getting him there.

If you want to cede sovereignty to Satan, okay. I will not. God is in control.

So when and where do we do this?

When it is convenient for you?

When it doesn't mean standing up against the evil doctrine and practice of the world?

What utter absurdity.

And when the government trods on the beliefs of the believer and tries to force them to embrace evil we stand against it.

That's in the Bible, you know:

Acts 5:28-30 King James Version

28 Saying, Did not we straitly command you that ye should not teach in this name? and, behold, ye have filled Jerusalem with your doctrine, and intend to bring this man's blood upon us.

29 Then Peter and the other apostles answered and said, We ought to obey God rather than men.

30 The God of our fathers raised up Jesus, whom ye slew and hanged on a tree.

The Liberal Agenda and the Democratic Mafia is trying to force us to embrace what is against the will of God.

Deny it.

They are not wanting tolerance of their abhorrent doctrine and practice, they want us to say what they believe and do is not evil.

As do you.

Nothing is going to change some simple truths: men are born men, and women are born women. No surgery or hormone treatment is going to change that.

Homosexuality is an abomination before God and nothing is going to change that.

Murder is murder and forbidden among men by God, nothing is going to change that.

Theft is still theft and against God's will, nothing is going to change that.

I will not obey men rather than God, and it is humorous that you try to say I am because I stand in opposition to their (and your) teachings.

Continued...

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.