1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Is God Intrinsically Just?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Martin Marprelate, Nov 15, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Back to the OP:

The OP seems backwards to me because it takes a concept - justice - and asks if God is intrinsically just.

God IS our standard of justice. Rather than asking IF God is intrinsically just we should instead define righteousness based on God Himself by His revelation of Himself to us.

2. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The insinuation is that you and Arthur King are one and the same.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Serious? I suppose we could have some pretty stupid folks out here. :Laugh

I assure you, @Arthur King and I are not the same person. He is much more articulate than I for one. And I don't think he lives in South Carolina for two.

A real man suspecting such would report it to the Staff so they could check it out. Where have all the John Wayne's gone? :Wink

4. DaveXR650

DaveXR650 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Seriously, Where'd that come from Ky? And then calling someone stupid and saying they are lying? What are you guys doing? There's medicine for that.
    All I said was that I noticed a pattern of a repeated deliberate argument by Jon which consists of looking at very plain verses and then as his argument just dismissing 1000 years of theologians by saying it's clearly not what we think it says. While I think I understand your view we just have to disagree. And you have to admit that a lot of serious theologians agree with us. Your argument is like you would argue with your brother when you were 5. Yes you did, no you didn't....

And I noticed that in this particular subject, a couple of posters came on who don't seem to get involved otherwise. Anyone can go back and look at posts if they want to see if I'm right but I don't know why they would care. The fact is Jon, you can't refute the logic of what Martin was saying so you retreat into this repetitive but it's not in the Bible argument when everyone is looking at the scriptures and seeing it. And if that doesn't work you try to move into a new form of insult.

5. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am saying that IF @kyredneck is right then there are some pretty stupid folk here.

Again, you made the comment and left it out there for interpretation, refusing to clarify your meaning when asked.

When you do that people will try their best to figure out what your post meant.

That is why it is important to speak plainly.

6. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Who're you referring to here?:

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If it's true you did a very good job with the subterfuge.

8. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, I'm a virtual James Bond :Laugh

Somebody else made a similar accusation (can't remember who) so the stupid people around here comment was more for those folk.

Obviously I (and no Staff member) has another membership. I actually check weekly and with new members. As far as I know, there are no double members here.

The last I can remember was Internet Theologian and Preacher4Truth (that was the same person).

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. DaveXR650

DaveXR650 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You
    And if it isn't, you once again show your level of meaningful contribution to a thread.
    @JonC. For what it's worth, I wish you well re Wednesday. The PM won't work.

10. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I left the PM. If I die Wednesday I want to die thinking happy thoughts....like fishing. :Wink.

Actually, I have to have a partial knee replacement. A gift from years in the Army and getting older. I'm asking for the Steve Austin (not Stone Cold but Six Million Dollar Man) knee. Just hope the other one can keep up.

11. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Who're you referring to here?:

FYI, I've contributed nothing pertaining to PSA vs CV, I'm a mugwump when it comes to that. My input has been totally refuting the unscriptural notion that Satan had nothing to do with the crucifixion. Where/why/how you guys come up with that contradiction to basic fundamental Bible knowledge is beyond me.

12. atpollard

atpollard Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ooh, we are over 100 posts!

Can we put this topic out of its misery soon? ;)

13. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    What?

Are you saying we are over 100 posts?

(Your turn)

14. atpollard

atpollard Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    It it not really I, who am saying it. To read each and every attack, accusation, counterattack and repeated non sequitur and COUNT each one would be a little slice of Hell right here on Earth. No, I am far too lazy [I meant busy] for that. Therefore, I merely glanced at the counter in the corner of each post and took it at its word. :Biggrin

15. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    What I understand you to be saying is that all the nonsense aside the counter is heading towards 130 posts.

Right? :Biggrin

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thread is closed. If anybody wants to open another to discuss the topic please feel free to do so.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.