1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Is It Homophobia, or Knowing His Truth?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by righteousdude2, Jun 26, 2012.

?
  1. I'm not homophobic, just a believer in what the Bible says is a sin.

30 vote(s)
    96.8%
  2. It's homophobic to make a stand against homosexuality.

1 vote(s)
    3.2%
  3. I'm still not sure.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    From what I've personally witnessed, I agree.

...and DON'T get me wrong, this is one sin I've never personally struggled with :) . IME, the sin even tends to run within families, whether it be a 'genetic tendency' or not, I don't know.

2. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    One who is homosexual has already had his appetites awakened, and perverted. It is a bigger struggle. It is a bondage of monstrous proportions.

3. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Can you clarify about the "appetites awakened"? How is the appetite of the unmarried heterosexual any different?

Isn't it the SAME struggle? The choice is one of do I choose to commit a sexual sin? How is one bigger than the other? :confused:

4. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Can't partake in another poorly worded poll.

I will say that the term homophobe is incorrectly used by gay rights advocates and we go along with it. Literally defined it means "afraid of homosexuals". If anyone were to accuse me of being a homophobe, I would reply that I have no fear of homosexual people and to rephrase the accusation.

5. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Thank you.:applause: That's what I find hilarious is that you hear this term used by the media and no one ever questions the way that they are using it.

Why on earth would we be afraid of homosexuals? smh

6. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wouldn't the sin be the same IF a straight man had sex with his girlfriend, or a gay man with his boyfriend?

isn't it the ACT of the actual sexual relationship that God condemns, but that if a gay or stright man refrained from sex, God would not judge him for commiting that sin?

isn't gayness part of the fall of man, in that we ALL have now sin natures, and some gravitate towards that, others to alcohol, lying, stealing etc?

7. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Precisely. I agree completely.:applause:

8. Jkdbuck76

Jkdbuck76 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

If I'm homophobic, then by THAT kind of logic, I'm also:

theftaphobic, adultryphobic, murderphobic, drunkaphobic, etc etc.

The so-called gay rights crowd have done a wonderful job of commanding the narrative and doing verbal engineering such that pretty soon, we'll have hate speech laws like Canada or even worse.

So kudos to you guys (??) with the so-called gay-rights movement: you've managed to get people to believe that your struggle for special rights = the civil rights movement in America.

9. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Amazing isn't it? This is the ground that I spoke of previously that God had given us that we have ceded away.

Liberals yelled hate and racism and [insert liberal cause]---phobic the Church just shut up and let them direct the tone of the discourse.

I'm still trying to figure out who it specifically was who came up with idea to call racism by that name when there is only one race?

10. DiamondLady

DiamondLady New Member

But, as Christians, are we not to look at sin as Heaven does? We are supposed to see the sinner through the eyes of God's love. If we're so busy focusing on how ugly the sin is it prevents us from loving the sinner and reaching out to them as we should be doing, just as Christ did.

11. Jon-Marc

Jon-Marc New Member

I've been called a bigot for my stand against homosexuality. If I am then I'm in good company since God condemns that sin as he does all sexual sins. Any sex other than between husband and wife is sin. "Marriage is honorable in all, and the bed undefiled, but whoremongers and adulterers God will judge." Heb. 13:4

12. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

None of that is correct. We are to look at the sin as God does. We can express the same love of God by telling a person about how to get right with God while we still holding to the abomination of their sin/lifestyle. Loving the sinner does not take an emotional bond.

13. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Would you say this of the pedophile?

14. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It isn't unnatural.

No. It's like saying the alcoholic has the same struggle as the one abstaining from that second helping of blueberry pie.

Talk to some of them who want to change.

15. DiamondLady

DiamondLady New Member

Yes, I would. As Christians our role is to love the sinner and lead them to Christ. We're not to judge their sin and shun them because of it. We're to reach out and love them with the love of Jesus.

16. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Can you show us any scripture that agrees with your understanding of loving the sinner?

17. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

And where does God's word say this? we shouldn't be placing any undo burden on folks of sin that we're not willing to shoulder.

Sins are ACTS, not orientations. God has never said anything about folks being attracted. He speaks to lust and fornicative acts.

What one is IS a function of what one DOES.

You're a thief because you stole. You didn't steal before you became a thief.
    You're a liar because you told a lie. You didn't lie before you became a liar.

Sin is an ACT. It is not a sexual orientation.

18. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

So the sexual lusts of the heterosexual are not unnatural?:confused: All sin is unnatural as God created man with no sin.

Why? Fornication is fornication. Heterosexuals struggle with that just as homosexuals do.

Talk to teenage heterosexuals at church who want to refrain from having sex before they get married.

Lust is lust. It will vehemently pursue you no matter what your sexual orientation.

19. Jon-Marc

Jon-Marc New Member

Yes, I, too, would like to see scripture that says we are not to judge or hate the sin while loving the sinner. We are told to love, but we also told to shun sin. In order to shun sin, we have to first identify it as sin--therefore judging.

However, we are not qualified to condemn anyone--only God can do that. We cannot say, "That person is going to hell" when we don't know their future. Nor can we say, "That person deserves to go to hell." Do ANY of us DESERVE heaven? God loved us in spite of ourselves and gave His Son to die for our sins when He could have simply destroyed us all and started over.

God's love has no limits; His grace knows no boundaries, and His mercy reaches from the most self-righteous person to the lowest of sinners. God cannot be stopped, for there is none like Him.

No matter what a person's sin is or how rotten he is, He can be saved if he acknowledges that he is a sinner and seeks forgiveness and cleansing. I'm thankful for that verse that says, "For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved." "WHOSOEVER" means ANYONE, no matter how foul and despicable he/she is.

God's forgiveness is unlimited and can reach to all the world. Unfortunately, the road to heaven is narrow, and few will be on it. The road to destruction is wide and will be filled with lost souls.

20. Berean

Berean Member
    Site Supporter

Are there recovering homosexuals and practicing Homosexuals just as there are in alcoholism? Also would the same apply to a gambling addiction?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.