Is it the sinner's fault that he will go to hell?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by IAMWEAK_2007, Jan 10, 2013.

1. Alive in Christ New Member

Oh great.

We are back to having (( filth )) "snipped" again. :tonofbricks:

2. righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good Question...

I would think that since it took Noah 120 years to build that thing, word on the street must have had time to filter down to every living person on earth. The power of Gossip, is all they had.

Then there's the fact that it took 120 years. I'm sure that after 10 or 20 years, and no flood, the agnostics and atheists of Naoh's day were selling travel packages to his town to see the kook and his false teachings about a flood.

I just can't believe that in the space of 120 years, everyone within shouting distance, didn't hear about "Crazy ol' Noah and his ark!"

Great question, but when you look at the time between his getting the Word and the flood waters starting, word of mouth would have traveled around the globe, if at all possible.

I'm just bewildered by the lack of faith in the world at that time. NO ONE was saved, save Noah and his family. Another example of the wide road versus the narrow path. :praying:

3. webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Revelation 14:6 Then I saw another angel flying in midair, and he had the eternal gospel to proclaim to those who live on the earth—to every nation, tribe, language and people.

The Holy Spirit uses any means He sees fit. Ask Paul.

4. kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If 99% of mankind has no need of the Saviour, then why did Christ die?

5. 12strings Active Member

FACT: God created a large number of sentient, intelligent beings, who once they sinned against Him, were provided with no means of redemption.

Who are these unfortunate creatures? 1/3 of the angels.

6. webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Let's run with this one :)

If that is the case, that means He created a minority of angels in this manner...yet the majority of mankind who was made in His image for destruction? Christ gave His life for man, not angels, yet based on this statistic He appears to love angels more, no?

7. HisWitness New Member

Where is the scriptural evidence that angels even sinned and that a Leader of the angels so called Satan also sinned(dont quote Peter or Jude)they are referring to something in Enoch thats not even proved to happened also.I think when you do a search youll find something totally contrary to what you have been fed all these years by men who have gone with tradition.When read and studied in the right manner--you WILL NOT find any evidence in scriptures of a angelic being Named Satan and 1/3 of the angels falling from heaven. PLS give some scripture to this event even taking place ?

8. MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    What makes you so sure this is true? Did you know all of these people? No one but God really knows if any have a chance yet here is something that will make you think.

Rom 1:20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

According to this passage everyone has their chance.
    MB

9. righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There it is...

...in black and white. Everyone one of those living and now dead, have had there chance. No excuses; and definitely no one to blame but yourself!

10. Winman Active Member

You have to deal with the words of Jesus, not me. I am not the one who spoke of 99 just persons who need no repentance, Jesus did. Do you really think Jesus would speak of people who could not possibly exist?

Why would Jesus tell the ridiculous story (if Original Sin is true) of the elder son who never transgressed his father's commandment at any time?

So, it is not me you are arguing with, it is Jesus. I simply refuse to ignore this scripture.

Look at the same scripture in Matthew and we see he was speaking of little children.

Mat 18:10 Take heed that ye despise not one of these little ones; for I say unto you, That in heaven their angels do always behold the face of my Father which is in heaven.
    11 For the Son of man is come to save that which was lost.
    12 How think ye? if a man have an hundred sheep, and one of them be gone astray, doth he not leave the ninety and nine, and goeth into the mountains, and seeketh that which is gone astray?
    13 And if so be that he find it, verily I say unto you, he rejoiceth more of that sheep, than of the ninety and nine which went not astray.
    14 Even so it is not the will of your Father which is in heaven, that one of these little ones should perish.

We see here that Jesus is speaking of little children. He says that their angels do always behold the face of his Father in heaven. Does this sound like Jesus is describing horrible wicked sinners? You tell me.

Then Jesus compares these little ones to a shepherd who had one hundred sheep. Only one goes astray and becomes lost. The shepherd searches and recovers it. Then Jesus said this shepherd rejoices more over this one lost sheep that is recovered than the 99 who never went astray. Then again Jesus shows he is speaking of little children in verse 14.

You are just going to have to deal with scripture, I didn't make this stuff up, look in your Bible and read it yourself.

Your problem is that you have swallowed false doctrine hook, line, and sinker so that you are not able to understand scripture like this.

Jesus NEVER taught that children are born dead in sin. Jesus shows that little children are not originally lost. Deal with it.

11. HisWitness New Member

Romans chapter5 verse 19--for as by ONE man's disodedience MANY were made SINNERS

so by the obedience of ONE man MANY shall be made RIGHTEOUS.

That is very plain that 1 MAN caused all of creation from that point on to be SINNERS.even though they had not sinned after the manner of adam they were still made SINNERS through ADAM.

The next one is the one nobody believes and adds to it to water it down--it says that through 1 MAN creation was made RIGHTEOUS.

The MANY in both instances are the same group of PEOPLE(something for everyone to think about)

Psalms 58 verse 3-4---- The wicked are estranged from the WOMB,they go astray AS SOON as they be BORN.speaking Lies

verse 4---Their poison is like the poison of a serpent,they are like the deaf adder that stoppeth her ear.

So you see ALL were Sinners at BIRTH because of Adam--They sin from their mothers womb--Hard to go against the scriptures on this one :)

12. Winman Active Member

This has been addressed dozens of times. Here is the problem:

If sin is unconditionally imputed to all men because of Adam's disobedience, then righteousness would also be imputed unconditionally to all men because of Jesus's obedience. Is this true? NO, no man is imputed righteous unless he believes on Jesus, which is conditional.

Likewise, all men must sin like Adam to be imputed sin.

Your interpretation of Romans 5 violates God's own word in Ezekiel 18. God said each man shall die for his own sin, and that the son shall not bear the sin of his father.

Eze 18:20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

God is JUST, he does not blame an innocent person for another person's sin.

Adam introduced sin into the world which brought death, Jesus introduced obedience which brought justification. You must conditionally sin like Adam to come under condemnation, you must conditionally believe like Jesus to receive justification.

It is like saying because of Karl Marx many were made communists. Does this mean that Karl Marx's very beliefs are imputed to us? No, but when a man follows Karl Marx's example he becomes a communist.

13. Winman Active Member

Also, Psalm 58 is hyperbole and should not be taken literally. There has never been a newborn baby that can speak lies. If you take this literally, you must take the rest of the Psalm literally.

Psa 58:4 Their poison is like the poison of a serpent: they are like the deaf adder that stoppeth her ear;
    5 Which will not hearken to the voice of charmers, charming never so wisely.
    6 Break their teeth, O God, in their mouth: break out the great teeth of the young lions, O LORD.
    7 Let them melt away as waters which run continually: when he bendeth his bow to shoot his arrows, let them be as cut in pieces.
    8 As a snail which melteth, let every one of them pass away: like the untimely birth of a woman, that they may not see the sun.

Are newborn babies literally poisonous like a snake? That would make breast feeding very dangerous don't you think? :laugh:

Do newborn children have a mouthful of huge teeth like a lion?

Do newborn children literally melt like snails?

Do you really believe David is praying for all babies everywhere to pass away (vs. 8)?

So, it is ridiculous to take scripture that is an obvious exaggeration and to form doctrine from it.

David is simply saying that wicked people go bad from a very early age.

14. Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So how do you dismiss Romans?

15. Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So this is how you dismiss Os?

16. kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You never answered the question. If righteousness is of the law, then why did Christ die?

17. webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

the very way you use that verse is universalism. You are correct, they are both the same group. If all are sinners due to Adam, equally that same group...all...were made righteous in Christ.

18. th1bill Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I gave you the scriptural answer, the answer from the mouth of God, in post number 2 and like most willing sinners,you ignored it.

19. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you?

All have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God, None rightious, no not one!

Do you really believe the Apostle paul?

20. Luke2427 Active Member

Yes, and he has said in no uncertain terms that he uses men.

Therefore....

..... WE NEED THEM.