1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Just how "Deplorable" are you?

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by righteousdude2, Sep 13, 2016.

1. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What you did was express your disdain for Christians who support Trump and, by extension, you think are defending those you consider just as deplorable as Hillary. You did say she labeled half of Trump's supporters correctly, didn't you? Yes, you did. Own it.

"...what is sad is Christians defending the Alt Right because Clinton tagged them correctly"

Your comments are every bit as "deplorable" as Hillary's were. At least she had enough sense to back away from those remarks. Not you. You extend your disdain to Christians.

2. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Leftists do love their labels.

Anyone in favor of a sane immigration policy is labeled "xenophobic". Anyone that calls islamic terrorism what it is is "Islamophobic". Any Christian that believes God made man and woman for each other, sexually, is called "homophobic". Everyone is a "racist" or "sexist" that the left just needs to shut up. and they are all "deplorable".

And you excuse her as being "grossly generalistic", what does that make you? Deplorable? Or just another Hillary supporter hiding in the woodwork?

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. blessedwife318

blessedwife318 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh I just hit a nerve didn't I with saying that the alt-right is indefensible.

Christians have no business defending racism or "Race realism http://alternative-right.blogspot.com/2016/03/race-and-iq-related-genes.html
    Christians have no business defending Abortion http://www.radixjournal.com/journal/2016/4/8/the-pro-life-temptation
    Christians have no business defending neo-nazis http://alternative-right.blogspot.com/2015/02/bombing-germany-russia-and-america-in.html#more
    Christians have no business defending nihilism
    https://manticorepress.wordpress.com/publications/nihilism/
    Christians have no business defending eugenics https://www.reddit.com/r/altright/comments/4yt197/the_case_for_eugenics_in_a_nutshell/

Warning some links contain language. Mods feel free to remove them if you want, I just wanted to be able to source my information.

4. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    tying Trump to the so called "alt-right" is a political tactic to discredit him and anyone who agrees with him in any way or supports him outright.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If being a "Trumper" is alt right, then ALL right by me! Does that make you alt left? Or a Clintonite? Enough with the names, bw, it seems the Democrats have resorted to name calling as they see Trump no longer in the rearview mirror, but in the side view mirror about to over take them?! Name calling will not win an election, but if it is all you can do, so be it!

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Internet Theologian

Internet Theologian Well-Known Member

Wait, didn't that hypocrite blast Trump for name calling? Yep.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. blessedwife318

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No I don't think you are an alt right. I think you are Trump supporter and those two are not synonymous. Even "detested" Clinton acknowledges they are not the same.
    Funny about names though is I have been very careful to call Trump Supporters, Trump Supporters and not one of the many derogatory names out there for Trump Supporters. The Alt Right is what the Alt Right calls itself so again it is not name calling to call them the Alt Right.
    Now I on the other hand have been called all sorts of names both here and especially on Facebook, but of that's all you can do...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

8. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have so many labels. Deplorable? Alt right? Trumper? Trumpet? Racist? Etc., etc., etc. If that's what it means to be right on and voting for a new direction, then keep them labels coming. If the shoe fits, I'll slip it on! As long as it is not, non believer, or lover of Christ!

9. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A clear swing and a miss.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Lewis

Lewis Active Member
    Site Supporter

Why is the so-called Alt-Right an issue? I have never seen or heard of the websites that are quoted above. They appear to be very fringey.

The alt-Left on the other hand is right out there in front of the cameras.
    VIDEO LINK
    [​IMG]

11. blessedwife318

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    that's because they are a fringe group that Clinton called out a few weeks ago. That is why they are an issue because Clinton brought them up, and now because she says bad things about them Christians on Facebook feel they need to defend the Alt Right even though they are indefensible which apparently is a "deplorable" thing to say around here.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

12. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    But tying the alt-right to Trump is factual.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Lewis

Lewis Active Member
    Site Supporter

I have no access to these FB posts that you speak of, and have not sought them out. Trump supporters in general would not defend something they've never heard of, such as an alt-right.

Trump has attracted voters who are more libertarian in outlook than past Republican candidates have. He's also attracted traditionalist, America-first voters. Well that's called the big tent. Some bad characters can slip into a big tent, but very good ones also.

14. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No its garbage.

15. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Spot on again. This is why I keep saying to my Christian Brothers and Sisters that a desire to win an election CANNOT and MUST NOT become more important than the desire to win souls.

Maintaining a right witness for Christ that affords us the platform from which to share the Gospel has to be of the utmost importance.

And supporting a man as vile and anti-Christ charactered as DT says to me that a lot of Christians just don't have Christ in His rightful place in their lives.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

16. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ummm...sorry to inform you but the Alt-right are mostly Trump supporters. It's a fact.

17. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ummm..sorry to inform you but it would be hard to show very many views this so called alt right espouses that Trump espouses. And there is nothing right about them.

18. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We'll let the Maker of the heavens and the earth judge that.

It's rhetoric. She pretty much admits that in her actual statement. She claimed it was "grossly generalistic."

I don't think it is a helpful statement to make, but she does have a point. There are a lot of people who are severely racially prejudiced who are die-hard Trump supporters. I know a lot of them. Perhaps you associate with a better group of people?

Sure. That's what political campaigns and religious battles are about these days - guilt by association.

It is a political tactic - the right wing does it all the time too. I am trying to avoid such behavior. The whole point of commenting on this thread is that the OP blatantly misrepresented what was said. What was said was bad enough, we don't have to be dishonest about it.

• Like Like x 1
  19. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Never heard of the "alt right" till this thread. I'm assuming it is that group of "deplorables " that Hillary named. Someone described it as a "fringe" group, but it comprises 20-25% of voters according to Hillary. Hardly "fringe".

If that is the group, I'll just reiterate what I said before:

"Anyone in favor of a sane immigration policy is labeled "xenophobic". Anyone that calls islamic terrorism what it is is "Islamophobic". Any Christian that believes God made man and woman for each other, sexually, is called "homophobic". Everyone is a "racist" or "sexist" that the left just needs to shut up. and they are all "deplorable".

If that's the group, I'm a proud member of it.:Smile

20. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No your not you are fully engaging in it just by your last couple of posts. Again, shame on you. Very disappointed

• Agree Agree x 1