1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baptist4life

Baptist4life Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You can't be serious. You need only peruse some of the threads I posted. The "KJV A Model T Translation" for example.

Just a FEW examples.....

And you say you know of no one who "even mildly dislikes" the KJV? Sure, those posts were glowing praise for the KJV! :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 3
  2. rlvaughn

rlvaughn Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I do not know of anyone here who will admit to disliking the KJV.
    Yes, of course they do, as well as the opinions we bring to the table when we are reading what someone else wrote about some Bible translation. Therefore, two of us can read the same post and receive a different "vibe" from it.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You realize some of the men who prefer versions other than KJV are capable of reading Aramaic, Hebrew, and Greek. Mid 1700s English is no problem for them.

4. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't have a problem with you believing that.

5. George Antonios

George Antonios Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You have 100% totally missed it. There is no anti-KJV hate. It is the idolatry of Scholarship-Onlyism that is opposed.

6. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well if he does isn't that between him and his God?. I'm not saying the KJV is error free but at the same time the newer versions cannot make that claim either. IMHO the critical text and all versions that come from it are full of errors. Even the JW's get there new world translation from it. Before you say the the latter day saints use the KJV I admit they do but they don't observe what is in it. Modern versions to me are confusion because of the contradictions between them and the KJV.Changing the name of Jesus to the number "one" Is just plain wrong.
    For those who claim they can't understand the KJV because of the use of old English. Your ability to read is up to you isn't it ? Most of the real experts agree the KJV is the most accurate.
    You stated;
    "Nothing, long as such believers don't claim it's the ONLY valid English Bible translation, or that someone using other translations is using the wrong versions or corrupt versions."

Isn't this what you are claiming when you say what is wrong with the KJV as if you are some Bible expert. What ever is error is only your opinion and that does not make it fact. When the truth is we are all dependent on copies of the original. So there is nothing to prove you are right or wrong.
    MB

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Logos1560

Logos1560 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are you opposing the idolatry of the KJV-only advocating of the scholarship of only an exclusive group of Church of England scholars in 1611?

• Like Like x 1
  8. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just because one believes the KJV contains poor translation choices does not mean that person hates or dislikes the version.

Personally, to dislike the KJV, the ESV, the NIV, ect is to diskike God's Word and by extension God Himself. To dislike using a particular translation is another issue.

I have no issue saying the KJV is not the best English translation. It is a very poor translation for this generation. It has mistakes and was written under questionable guidance. But I certainly do not dislike the translation.

I wonder how many KJV preference people hate the NIV.

• Like Like x 1
  9. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I consider the KJV as the most accurate and reliable. Do you consider this thinking worship?
    MB

10. Logos1560

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you consider that those threads may be simply applying the same measures/standards to the KJV that KJV-only advocates apply to other English Bible translations?

Do you object to KJV-only advocating being disrespectful of other English Bible translations?

• Like Like x 1
  11. Logos1560

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Can you name and identify some of those claimed "real experts" that assert that the KJV is the most accurate?

12. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    True about the vibe thing...but vibes are subjective anyway.

I wonder how many KJV-prefered on the BB hate the NIV, ESV, HCSB, ect.

13. Baptist4life

Baptist4life Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My final thought on the whole topic is this. If you cannot see that the people on here try to attack KJVOism by demeaning the KJV (which is terribly wrong), then you're truly blind, or in complete denial. It amazes me that some claim they don't see it. The KJV is criticized almost daily in countless threads. I'm not a translation or language expert, I'm just an average, born again child of God, but I can recognize bashing when I see it. It's blatantly obvious to me, and that's the main reason I pretty much stay away from the KJVO topic. Anyway, those are my feelings. I'll say no more on this thread.

#53 Baptist4life, Jul 19, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you are wondering if I consider you an expert you'd be wrong. I consider your judgement of me in a previous post very degrading and do not wish to discuss anything with you.
    MB

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. Southern Fried Baptist

Faith:
    Baptist
    Doesn’t mean their right. Here we go with the “your too dumb to be right” argument.

I don’t give two shakes about doctorates and degrees. Heathens have those as well.

16. rlvaughn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If they are "preference" rather than "only" perhaps there should not be that many. Yet surely there are some. One regular commenter here who supports MVs has been very vocal in his opposition to the NIV2011.

17. rlvaughn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Of course they are. I did not suggest otherwise. Does not change the fact that various factors causes different people to react differently to the same comments that someone makes (but does help explain it).

• Like Like x 1
  18. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not towards those who prefer using it, but to those holding to KJVO!

19. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, as we all respect the Kjv, just not buying into the KJVO cornbread!

• Like Like x 1
  20. Southern Fried Baptist

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why is Stephen Anderson brought up? He is not the face of fundamental baptist doctrine. He’s wrong in so many things. Although I agree with him on many things.

I do not believe in double inspiration. I do believe God has made sure we have a trustworthy English Bible. And that is the KJV.

I do not believe you are unsaved if you were led to salvation through another translation. And not many do. That is just something anti KJV folks say to be dishonest.

It all comes down to hatred towards the IFB. Which AGAIN is not Steven Anderson and the like. People use him and others to steer people clear of any IFB church because most are not Calvinist and preach salvation apart from works. Which today, thanks to the invasion of Calvinism into seminaries as a response to the seeker sensitive movement, is considered heretical.

It’s not about the KJV. It’s about hatred towards non Calvinists and good gospel preaching. Paul Washer, John Macarther, RC Sproul…..all I consider brothers, even though we have some differences, would say I’m hell bound. That is what all this comes down too and I’m sick of it to be honest.

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.