Luther Was Error Free In Every Religious Doctrine

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by John Yurich, May 24, 2017.

1. MennoSota Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Your church is bound in sin and chains, yet you relish the chains and celebrate its many sins.

2. Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Only relating the truth to you. But you disappoint me brother, I thought we were making progress. Oh well, such is life!

3. Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    None of that was God's work, it was the work of the evil one. Luther opened up the doors and the devil walked right in. Christians then began killing each other over doctrinal differences and Satan had only joy at what had happened.

4. MennoSota Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Adonia, you wish to pull us back into a salvation by works. That is not progress. The ceremonies of men are of no value in dealing with sin. God's grace and God's grace alone can bring us freedom in Christ. Insisting on extra works is not taught in God's word and was added by your clergy as a means of keeping people in bondage to their rules, not as a means of pointing people to the Savior.
    Adonia, it was by God's Sovereign will that the Reformation took place and pointed people back toward saving grace. Instead of cursing the reform, you should embrace it. It is your unwillingness to embrace God's word over tradition that is disappointing.

5. MennoSota Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    No, it came by God's ordinance. Rome was in heresy and when Luther called for a rational discussion, Rome opted to wage war against the Reform that God desired to make in the church at Rome. Rome refused to follow God's word over their traditions and thus God removed their kingdom, just as He did with a rebellious Israel. Sadly, Rome still follows the path of the Northern kingdom. I wish that Rome would repent, just as Paul wished that his fellow Jews would repent.

6. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There has NEVER been a Mass, as there has NEVER been a time when the blood and flesh of Jesus ever changed!

7. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The first christianopracticed adult/believers baptism though....

8. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    God gave RCC chance to repent and reform, it choose to go trent, and Apostasy...

9. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Galatians comes to mind here!

10. Walter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Oh, I have no doubt that heretics were sometimes put to death. Heresy was considered a grave offense and it's spread would jeopardize the souls of people.

So, I suppose your Baptist church is 'the true church'? Do you also, as so many on the board do, believe in Baptist Successionism?

Baptist Successionism can never be disproved because all that is required for their succession to be transmitted was a small group of faithful people somewhere at some time who kept the flame of the true faith alive. The authors of this "history" skim happily over the heretical beliefs of their supposed forefathers in the faith. It is sufficient that all these groups were opposed to, and persecuted by, the Catholics."

Thankfully intellectually honest Baptists, such as James McGoldrick who was once himself a believer in Baptist successionism are conceding that this "trail of blood" view is, frankly, bogus. McGoldrick writes:

Extensive graduate study and independent investigation of church history has, however, convinced [the author] that the view he once held so dear has not been, and cannot be, verified. On the contrary, surviving primary documents render the successionist view untenable. . . . Although free church groups in ancient and medieval times sometimes promoted doctrines and practices agreeable to modern Baptists, when judged by standards now acknowledged as baptistic, not one of them merits recognition as a Baptist church. Baptists arose in the 17th century in Holland and England. They are Protestants, heirs of the reformers. (Baptist Successionism: A Crucial Question in Baptist History [1994], 1–2)

11. Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Yep, the 17th century and the founder was a man named John Smyth, a former Anglican priest.

12. TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Only if you think baptist is a denominational name. But if you see it as a doctrinal identity then "the faith once delivered to the saints" has been perpetual from the time Christ proclaimed "I will build my church and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it."

13. Bro. James Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

14. utilyan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

You guys should read up on more of the holy work your saint Martin Luther whom you got your theology from.

"base, whoring people, that is, no people of God, and their boast of lineage, circumcision, and law must be accounted as filth." -- On the Jews and Their Lies by Martin Luther

On the Jews and Their Lies - Wikipedia

15. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The ONLY inspired revelation from God to us are the scriptures, period!

16. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The earliest churches in Acts would have held to what we call Baptist Theology pretty much....

17. MennoSota Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Wow, your ignorance is impressive.
    The body of Christ is not found in one denomination. God has His chosen and adopted children in many different denomination...including a small remnant in the church at Rome.
    The foolishness of imaging Rome as the body of Christ is shown by simply shining the light on the vast number of perversions found within the priesthood that even pagans and atheists are appalled at seeing. It would have been better if the abusive priests had been bound in chains and cast into the deepest sea than to have them abusing children.
    This goes for all sinners in all denominations who are not connected by virtue of adoption to the head of the church, Yeshua, Jesus.
    Shame on anyone who thinks they are a part of the body of Christ by virtue of the church they attend. Ask yourself, "Has Yeshua adopted me? Has Yeshua pardoned me? That answer matters. The building you go to means nothing.

18. John Yurich Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The Holy Spirit accepts the Lutheran doctrine of Holy Communion as scriptural or He would not have guided Luther how to formulate the Lutheran doctrine of Holy Communion. And the Holy Spirit does not believe the Mass is entirely unscriptural or He would not have guided Luther to retain the Mass(minus the unscriptural parts) in the Lutheran Church.

19. MennoSota Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Luther didn't formulate the communion process for the denomination that takes his name. However, his successor formulated the compromise.

If you don't mind my asking, how long have you worshipped Martin Luther?

20. John Yurich Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I do not worship Luther. I believe that he was the greatest of the Protestant Reformers. I only worship Jesus as God. I am both Catholic and Baptist. I am a Baptized Catholic who attends the local Catholic parish on Saturday Vigil Mass. I am a Baptist as the result of having been Baptized via immersion at that Baptist Church I attend on Sunday mornings.