1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

More questions about Andersonville Theological Seminary

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by rpniman, Dec 12, 2007.

1. prophecy2007ad

prophecy2007ad New Member

Oh, ... Official? ... lol ... that's cute ...

Are you a hater of non-regionally accredited degrees?

Well for the sake of argument, there are a few online institutions which infact do offer free degrees. They are unaccredited of course, but it don't cost a dime.

The North American Reformed Seminary (http://www.tnars.net/)

North American Theological Society (http://theologyamerica.org/)

Those two use to be affiliated, but broke away from each other.

There are others as well as the two I linked, but I don't see the point in listing them.

2. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How about this.

I am starting the StefanM school of theology. Read your Bible all the way through 25 times, and I'll give you a PhD.
    :D

3. prophecy2007ad

Is it accredited? lmao

4. Ehud

Ehud New Member

Martin
    Martin what is your final authority so I will not get the Gestapo upset you can answer on the bible translation page.

Most men, 98% who graduate from the accredited seminaries do not have a final authority or can tell you where it is. And they paid 30,000 bucks :laugh:

Ehud

Moderator Warning: Brother, we are not Gestapo. We are moderators. The BB has a User Agreement and Published Posting Rules to which you agreed to abide when you applied for BB membership. The Bible teaches us to let our yes be yes and our no to be no. Thus, we expect you to honor your user agreement and abide by the BB posting rules.

The Post Rules state (in part):

1. Be aware of forum Categories. We offer a wide range of forums. Most are for BAPTISTS only, to post opinions, views, beliefs and ideas. We also have a few forums for BAPTISTS and all other CHRISTIANS, with pertinent topics that relate to everyone.

3. Show grace to the other posters. When someone disagrees with you, discuss it; but be slow to offend, and eager to get into the Word and find the answers. Remember, when discussing passionate issues, it is easy to go too far and offend. Further, if we are "earnestly contending for the faith" it would be unrealistic not to expect at times to be misunderstood or even ridiculed. But please note that your words can sometimes be harsh if used in the wrong way. The anger of man worketh not the righteousness of God.

9. Post in the right forum. Keep posts on-topic, relative to the forum it's posted in.

I suggest you take the time to review all the Posting Rules here:

http://www.baptistboard.com/postingrules.html

Bible-boy,
    Forum Moderator

#64 Ehud, Apr 6, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2008
  5. Havensdad

Havensdad New Member

I saw this post earlier. I wholeheartedly disagree. When a "Class" costs 1000 to 1500 , it does not really help to pay it "one class at a time". I attend a small church, that cannot offer much help with such things. Family is broke, too.

#1 I would not attend Andersonville, because their academics are not up to par, not because their not "accredited" by Uncle Sam.

#2 It is ridiculous that Universities that are teaching about Jesus Christ, and equipping the saints, are charging 300 to 400 dollars per credit hour for their classes, when BYU a regionally accredited MORMON university, only charges 135 dollars per credit hour for classes on Physics, Algebra, etc.....

#3 I thank the Lord that their are accredited universities out there, that do not charge such ridiculous and outrageous fees. I am an itinerant evangelist, with a wife and three children, who's only choice is distance education (of course, I get plenty of "networking" through my work), and I am proud to be earning my degree from the South African Theological Seminary.

If I had 50 billion dollars in the Bank, I would still not give a dime of it to vampiric Seminaries that drain the Church and it's people of Resources. Thank God for Accredited, Christ like universities that obey the command of "Give freely".

6. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==Where is your evidence? Everyone I know who graduates from evangelical seminaries believes the Bible as their final authority.

You have slandered fine schools and fine men with false accusations. It is time for you to provide some proof or repent of your slander.

7. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==When I was working on my MA through Liberty a class did not cost that much. There is also financial aid and pell grants. Schools, like Liberty Baptist Theological Seminary, also have payment plans.

==I don't know about BYU's financial status or where they get their funding from. Many private evangelical seminaries run on tuition and whatever gifts they can get. That is how they pay their staff and professors, that is how they get the books for their library and archieves, and that is how they pay their bills. If more people or churches would support seminaries they could cut tution costs. Keep in mind these institutions can't run for free and, if they want quality, they have to pay for it. Those costs are, in turn, passed on to the students. The only way to off-set those costs is gifts from churches and Christians who support the schools.

Many evangelical seminaries try to keep their tuition rates down. Liberty Seminary has put a cap on their tuition rates, as have others. Generally private seminaries do a good job keeping their tuition rates down. Don't believe me? Compare Southeastern, Liberty, Luther Rice, etc, to secular private schools like Duke, Wake Forest, Campbell, Harvard, Yale, etc. You can still get a wonderful education at most of the evangelical seminaries for far less money than the same type of education from a private secular school.

Therefore calling these schools "vampiric" is really unfair. If they wanted to, they could raise their tuition rates much higher and be totally justified in doing so. However most evangelical seminaries work hard to keep from doing that.

==My understanding is that SATS is a fine school that will enjoy wide acceptance around the world. Keep in mind, that SATS is a distance learning school and does not have the over-head that a campus university has.

#67 Martin, Apr 6, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2008
  8. Ehud

Ehud New Member

Liberty accepts andersonville credits??

This is posted at http://forums.degreeboard.com/showthread.php?t=1841
    not sure how accurate it is.

Andersonville Seminary

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Andersonville Seminary, Camilla, GA, which used to be Andersonville Baptist
    Theological Seminary, claims Liberty University, Lynchburg, VA has accepted
    Andersonville credits into their DL graduate program. Their newsletter
    states, in part, "Graduates Granted Entrance into Liberty Program. Three
    graduates have reported to Andersonville Theological Seminary their
    acceptance into the distance learning graduate program at Liberty University
    in Lynchburg, Va. Two of those students have forwarded copies of their
    acceptance letter or emails to us."
    --
    Jimmy
    Th.M., Bethany Divinity College/Seminary, Dothan, AL
    Ph.D., Bethany
    M.S., (in progress) California College for Health Sciences, National City,
    CA
    Ph.D., (dissertation proposal in review) Vista University, South Africa

ehud

9. prophecy2007ad

I'm sorry Ehud, but I have to agree with Martin on this one; The bible "IS" the final authority, and why? Because it's God's word.

I shall quote the scriptures...

"All scripture is given by inspiration of God…" (2 Timothy 3:16)

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." (John 1:1)

"For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost." (2 Peter 1:21)

The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times. Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever." (Psalms 12:6-7)

"Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away." (Matthew 24:35)

"Thy word [is] true [from] the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments [endureth] for ever." (Psalm 119:160 )
    -------

Those are just a few examples why the bible (God's Word) "is" the final authority.

10. paidagogos

paidagogos Active Member

How do you know?

Off topic = deleted by author

#70 paidagogos, Apr 7, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2008
  11. paidagogos

paidagogos Active Member

The inspired English

Off topic = deleted by author

#71 paidagogos, Apr 7, 2008
  12. Rhetorician

Rhetorician Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Martin Addendum

Martin,

I hope you are well.

Do you really think that arguing with someone who wants to go to a non-accredited school and who shows implications of "KJV Onlyism" really wants a real education?

Think about it!?

As they say in the Navy:

"That is all!"

13. prophecy2007ad

Oh, so to get a "real" education, one has to earn an accredited degree? Think again. Bah!

14. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

An accredited institution like Liberty accepting credits from UA school is the exception rather than the rule.

15. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Anybody confirm this?

If this is true, why would Liberty accept these credits (regardless if they are the exception or the norm...they are a respected, accredited school, even from the posts on this thread)

#75 webdog, Apr 7, 2008
  16. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

Webdog, it has been well-documented that Liberty accepts credits from LBU, but I don't know about Bethany or Andersonville.

17. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==I can't, but I suspect these are undergraduate credits that are being accepted and not graduate. Notice the statement "Three graduates have reported to Andersonville Theological Seminary their acceptance into the distance learning graduate program at Liberty University in Lynchburg, Va.". Still, however, I would touch base with Liberty before assuming that they will honor anything from Andersonville.

18. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==Good point. :wavey:

19. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==Silence on what? I answered your "question". You have still not shown that people who attend evangelical seminaries have their bibles taken away from them (as you claimed).

==Maybe because the New Testament was written in Greek. Sort of the same reason ancient historians prefer texts in Latin, etc. From an academic standpoint, the primary language is always better than a translation.

==Since the Bible was not written in English, that is not true. Our English Bibles are translations of Scripture. Like all translations of ancient texts, as we learn more about ancient languages we learn ways to improve our translations.

==First, I have taken a year of Greek at Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary. Second, what you have said here is not true. Third, Andersonville now offers Greek classes. Fourth, you defended and even recommended Andersonville. So your criticism of Greek classes seems a bit weird.

#79 Martin, Apr 8, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2008
  20. UZThD

UZThD New Member