1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

My Child wants to see a Disney Movie.

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Pastor Ezequiel Davis, Jun 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ReformedBaptist

ReformedBaptist Well-Known Member

Not sure what my views on interracial marriage have to do with the subject, but I have no problem sharing my view.

I see nothing biblically that would prohibit people of different colors of skin from marrying each other. There would be social implications that they would have to deal with which any good pastor should discuss with them and encourage them in.

When it comes to my children, both my sons and daughters, I am not concerned with the color of the skin of their potential spouse, but rather of their faith in the Lord Jesus and character.

2. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

In the Bible is loads of violence too. Every hunter has children who see animals killed too. In the past it was a part of life.

3. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

Why do you assume that I didn't? I would appreciate it if you didn't attempt to lie to me and tell me you didn't, because there's no other reason for you to say that to me unless you assumed that I'm a liberal who doesn't believe in spanking. If you assumed that I did spank my children, you would have never said what you did.

I think it's interesting how you worded your posts to subtly question everybody's salvation on this board by saying that "True Christians" would agree with you. It's a logical conclusion that you're saying that everybody who doesn't agree with you isn't a "True Christian", which means, of course, that they're not saved. Since questioning people's salvation isn't permitted on this board, would you like to take the opportunity to explain what you really meant?

4. Pastor Ezequiel Davis

I only assumed that you were well aware of Proverbs 13:24(why wouldn't you be?) and mentioned it merely as a friendly reminder.
    True Christians are saved, are they not? And it is not about everyone who "does or "does not" agree with me. as that is a moot point when it comes to salvation. It is whether or not The Lord "does" or "does not" agree with you.

5. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

I'm finding this hard to believe, but okay.

Of course.

This is true. But it's not what you said in the OP.

Follow the logic here.

If I disagree that Disney is a tool of the devil, am I a True Christian? Not according to what you posted I'm not. Do you see the problem here? You've painted yourself into a little corner where anybody who says that Disney isn't a tool of the devil must not be a True Christian.

6. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Let's go for the direct question:

I allow my children to watch Disney's children's movies and plan to take them all to see Toy Story 3 maybe next week. I do not think they are the spawn of Satan but, as with anything else as part of the world, they are worldly. But that doesn't mean everything they do is evil.

Am I saved?

7. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

How do you think it would go over when you tell the congregation that the majority of gas you buy for your car comes from countries which support Islam?

8. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

GASP!!! NO!!!!!!!!

I guess it's back to horses.

COOL!!!!

9. Pastor Ezequiel Davis

I dont believe that supporting the Disney Corporation brings any glory to God.
    In the end that is between you and Jesus, however I say that supporting Disney brings no glory to God and is not the way to walk right with Jesus. We shall see though on the day of judgement.
    That there is a whole different can o worms.

10. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    #110 KenH, Jun 24, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2010
  11. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

12. RevGKG

RevGKG Member

A couple of questions for Pastor Davis:

Based on your statements concerning race (and your lack of response to the question of how to deal with a multi-racial person) do you allow people of other races to attend your church? Or are we to keep the races separate in our worship?

Secondly, based on your profile stating that you are "praying you are going to heaven", what do you base that upon? It seems like it would be a rather meeger life if I I had to continue to hope I will make it. :BangHead:

13. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, then we need a list of the countries he is putting in which group to make an accurate list.

Even so, the idea that most of our gasoline money is supporting Islam is fallacious.

14. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

My opinion is that you do not have a clue about raising children, nor do you understand what the job is of a parent to mold a child in the nurture and admonition of the Lord. It is your job to teach a child to put on the whole armor of God as he or she makes a life in this world. It is not your job to insulate a child in a fantasy world that does not exist, so that one day they will not be able to cope.

Had you come into this forum and gotten to know the people a little better, and expressed your views with some amount of common sense, someone might have taken you seriously.

You mentioned Reformed Baptist's posts. He comes across as a responsible parent that is making good decisions for his kids. You do not.

Yes, as I posted above, I made some mistakes, but never did I do anything that would harm my kids or make them prey to the evil of this world. I did teach them how to deal with it. Also, I never imposed my standards for my children on anyone else.

Also, in a church family, there is always advice and guidance from others. I cannot believe that the church you serve in would tolerate your ideas, especially if you are trying to get other families to follow your opinions.

Your finger pointing picture is provocative, your posts are out of line, and frankly, you need to start all over.

Anyone who posts "praying I get to heaven" neither understands Scripture or the Gospel. With that phrase coming to your mind, what makes you qualified to either lead a flock from a local congregation or raise children?

#114 saturneptune, Jun 24, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2010
  15. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

*cue the backing up music*

If this is what you believe, then why did you write this?

16. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

:applause:

QFT&CA

17. Pastor Ezequiel Davis

If any people of color or ethnic types ever wanted to attend our services, we would welcome them with open arms. However all of our services are in English.
    Contant prayer is necessary and important in order to keep the lines of communication open with Jesus. It shows humility and that there is always room for improvement in the eyes of the Lord. It is a very narrow path to Heaven and takes constant vigilance to insure that you stay on that path.

18. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Here is an evil smiley from Winnie the Pooh. Remember, that movie promotes the stealing of honey.

[​IMG]

19. RAdam

RAdam New Member

The bible says we are to be in the world but not of the world. What you are advocating is going to be necessitated by going out of the world, or insulating oneself fully from the world. In other words, you are advocating something akin to Amish isolationalism. Should we monitor what our kids watch? Absolutely. Should we monitor that carefully? Absolutely. Should we look for evil in everything and forbid them to watch an animated disney movie like Snow White? It's a free country, but I think that is overboard and I don't think you have any scriptural backing here.

What kids need isn't a complete blanket from everything. They need to be taught discernment between things that are going to be stumblingblocks and things that aren't.

20. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Well, you had better "pray" to make sure you are on it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.