1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured NYC Policeman Not Indicted in Chokehold Death; Protests Called

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Jedi Knight, Dec 3, 2014.

1. Use of Time

Use of Time Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Right, I have a hard time believing that with the six or so officers on scene they couldn't have gotten a 43 year old obese man against the wall with his hands behind his back. Then once he is on the ground the guy can probably release the choke instead of ignoring the man's constant attempts to tell them he couldn't breathe.

2. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The statistics are not rock solid, but it appears that only 1% and 3% of all police officers are indicted in cases where they are accused of homicide while on the job. When I heard about this Pantaleo case I figured this guy would be in the 2%. But no....Shocking.

http://www.politifact.com/punditfac...-ferguson-case-99-time-police-not-charged-de/

3. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I know some will get riled ....

.... but when will people realize when confronted by cops, submit, don't argue and don't provoke them into taking you by force.

4. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

And this is the foolishness that black people keep saying that white people don't understand.

It's a free country. You can argue and "provoke" all you want as long as you're not unlawfully interfering with them doing their jobs.

One might ask why are so many unarmed black men being "confronted" by the cops?

What we have is a rash of cases the last few years (and I'm sure many more unreported) where the police seem to be power tripping and overstepping their bounds in instances where people haven't been breaking the law.

5. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Saw this post coming a mile away.

6. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

I was 1/2 a mile in front of you down the road with my binoculars watching for it. :laugh:

"She'll be coming around that mountain when she comes..."

7. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

This should have gone like this case down in Knoxville, Tn. But the person was white and a student so it's no surprise that he (cop) was immediately fired.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...-after-photos-show-brutal-choking-of-student/

8. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So, now you're a fortuneteller? :laugh: Never saw that in your future :laugh::laugh:

9. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are you sure you're on the right forum. Your comments are typically seen on atheist sites, posted by atheists to discredit and attack believers. Check your heart at the door brother. This is a Christian group, and snarky comments do little to lift up Jesus.

10. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

The u-tube was such a clever invention.

11. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Gee whiz, Sherlock! Brown was definitely INTERFERING with the cop doing his job. Two spent rounds in the car prove that. Forensics and testimony of five black and one white witnesses supported Wilson's account, and the witnesses NEVER heard the officers account of the day.

As for Garner, it looks like the GJ missed the boat on this one, but, unless you and I are privileged to whar evidence was presented, we are nothing more than arm-chair-jurors to second guess their decision. But you are as close to being a god , in your mind, and I forgot ... you know it all. So forgive me for second guessing you ole wise and all knowing sage. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

12. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Have you ever tried to hancuff a 400 LB man that is resisting?

13. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And everyone forgot to mention the racist black cop ....

... a female Sgt., who was part of the take down team. She was black, but no one mentions her presence. So how could a sister let a brother be killed by a group of racist NYPD cops, hell bent on killing another black man.

This group on the board are thick as thieves, a bonded by their blind hatred of cops. Your blind justice, lynch mob mentality is not Biblical. But I'm sure you will spin my words, and try to mock views because these views are racist, shallow and hateful. Lacking understanding of the plight of the black man in America.

Well, I think I have a good idea of what is happening, but thanks to you guys, I now have another view of black society and it is more negative than ever. Thanks for tainting the view of all these events with your personal bias and prejudice!

Are you sure you guys aren't related to Shallow Al?

14. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Of course you didn't. You aren't a fortune teller like me.

15. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    These fools are probably members of the new black panthers? Their acrid comments are straight from a far left liberal hate group. Sad. How did they ever get on this board?

16. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I doubt that.

The choke hold is the focal point of all this, but I believe he died because of his other health issues. Thus no indictment.

17. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hate to tell you, but your new career is not of God, but rather of the devil. That sho nuff explains what and why you spew the things you spew. :tear:

18. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

Apparently they got on the same way as a bunch of old racist KKK members got on.

19. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, with a squad of four people. We didn't have to kill him and the guy we were getting was actually putting up a fight. You really don't think with all of those people there they couldn't have gotten him up against a wall with cuffs behind his back. No, only Royce Gracie Jr. and his flying sleeper could save the day.

And his method of "resisting" was him putting his hand up saying "leave me alone." Let's not act like he was putting up this big fight.

20. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Because it's the truth, It was easy to see coming.

This man had experience with being arrested. He had broken the law...again, and he knew what was coming.