1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Obama citizenship case on SCOTUS conference docket

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by LadyEagle, Nov 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

If his 365 votes are a moot point potentially, I'm sure McCain would pick up 97 electoral votes at least! What's delusional is to think all 365 electoral votes would go to Hillary!

2. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

You can only speak for yourself. You don't know how others here feel towards Obama. Judging from the hundreds of postings I have read over the past few months, I still say that many here hate Obama. Of course, that is for each individual poster to decide for themselves.

3. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

That's a pretty unfounded accusation of calling BB members who have not posted favorably for Obama murderers. That's bearing false witness against your brother.

4. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Why would democrat electors vote for anyone but a democrat??

5. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Are you saying not one of Obama's 365 were republican? What would have happened if McCain won each state?

6. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    To use this logic, there are several here who HATE Bush; but have specifically denied such very vehemently. The typical answer is "Show me where I have SAID that I HATE Bush!"

I do agree with the general tone of your premise, but it must be applied equally to both sides.

7. KeithS

KeithS New Member

I could see democrat electors splitting between Biden and Clinton. That split might allow McCain to squeak by. FTR I doubt this scenario will ever play out.

8. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Republican electors would have been chosen.

9. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

You have a gift of hyperbole, don't you? I never said anything about being a murderer, let alone saying that those who do not post favorable to Obama are the ones who hate. I also said that each person must decide for themselves as to whether or not they hate Obama. If my conclusions to what I have read are wrong, then I am wrong. Why don't you stick to what is said, not your interpretation of what is said. You would find yourself looking less foolish if you did.

10. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Follow along here, you might learn something.

You stated there are those here who "hate" Obama. Jesus said if you hate you are a murderer. You have essentially called the BB members who speak out against Obama (as myself) murderers in God's eye. Hating the man's views and positions hardly equates to hating the man.

11. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

If Obama is inelligible, that would mean McCain would win each state. Votes for an inelligible candidate do not count. The people didn't vote for Hillary, Biden, etc. They voted for Obama, who would be inelligible.

12. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

Maybe you can learn to read someday. I said EACH PERSON MUST DECIDE FOR THEMSELVES as to whether or not they hate. Be careful, the guilty often speak first! If no one here hates Obama, then I am wrong in my assessment. Do you understand this?

13. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

No, you said...
    The right-wing's hatred for Obama will not allow them to see past this fact.
    I'm right-wing, and you have accused me in your statement of hating Obama. Again, here you state "be careful, the guilty often speak first", yet another accusation. Quit with the false accusations!
    What does "each person must decide for themselves as to whether or not they hate" even mean? It makes no sense.

14. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Not a single American has voted for Obama yet. They voted for electors pledged to vote for him. If Obama is not eligible to be elected those electors would be free to vote for anyone and Obama electors will not, no matter what, vote for McCain.

15. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I doubt it.

Yet Biden was on the ballot with Obama, and he is an eligible candidate.

Biden's name was on the ballot here in Texas. So was Palin's.

Apparently it is not unconstitutional for an ineligible candidate to run for office (Article II of the Constitution and the Amendments related to the Presidency don't mention anything about campaigns), but it is certainly ineligible for an ineligible person to take the oath of office. Therefore, it seems to me that Biden (a person on the ballot) would take the oath of office in place of Obama is he were to be found ineligible.

Of course, that's not going to happen.

And if the wildest fantasies of the Obama opponents did come true, then the electors would almost certainly vote for Biden since he was on the ticket.

It would be very bad for the country if a Democrat was not elected since the Democrats won the electoral college. We have enough trouble with the credibility of Presidential elections in the popular mind without having this kind of foolishness. Even if McCain somehow managed to get into the White House, he would have no credibility and would not be able to effectively lead our nation.

I voted for McCain/Palin and I'm very sorry they didn't win... but that's life. I don't get my way all the time and I refuse to whine about it and fantasize about weird, destructive scenarios that would do more harm than good to this great nation.

Republicans should be winning hearts and minds with a new vision for the United States, using sane logic and arguments, instead of griping that they didn't win the election. You only lose credibility that way.

#75 Baptist Believer, Nov 21, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2008
  16. Baptist Believer

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And they shouldn't.

McCain didn't win the electoral college and he didn't even win the popular vote.

The will of the people would be thwarted and the election would be invalid in the minds of most people... including mine.

17. Bible-boy

Bible-boy Active Member

That's a funny statement considering how you've attempted to turn just about every thread in this forum into an Anti-Bush thread filled with "Anti-Bush whining posts."

18. Baptist Believer

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm not anti-Bush. I voted for him three times (once for Governor of Texas and twice for President).

I'm also one of the few defenders he seems to have left.

I think you have mistaken me for the person who goes by the moniker of "BaptistBeliever" (no space) who took that name when he registered (five years after I had established an identity here), has consistently refused to respond to e-mails to discuss with me a way to ensure that we were not confused with each other, and has generally been rather rude to anyone who doesn't agree with him.

I'm not that guy.

#78 Baptist Believer, Nov 21, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2008
  19. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

That's right your not.

20. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

What's wrong with having Presidential candidates submit adequate proof of being a natural born US citizen? If there's no problem then there should be nothing to hide. If there is - not that there is in this case - then we should know shouldn't we? We all have to do just that for most everything official we want to do don't we? In fact the government would like us to do that just to board an airplane!

#80 Dragoon68, Nov 21, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.