1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pensacola Christian College

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by cheerfreakus, Jul 13, 2003.

1. Siegfried

Siegfried Member

Yet SteveB does not call himself a Baptist--merely an "independent."

2. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

I noticed that PCC has a course they offer called "Baptist Polity." I wonder why?

3. Fuber

Fuber New Member

I attended PCC and was in their Criminal Justice field. While I may disagree in part, or in whole on some matters, with their rules, I was not forced to go there. If it were a major problem for me to abide by a few rules, then I wouldn't have attended. If you are going to base your college education on what you can and can't get away with, then you need to get your priorities straight. You will get an excellent education at PCC. You will make some Godly friends at PCC...if you choose to. You will make some very important spiritual decisions while you are there, as well. So, to put it short: PCC is not a bad school. There are just some bad people that couldn't handle it.

4. superdave

superdave New Member

Being familiar with the Squire's nomenclature for MBBC and BJU, and the reasoning behind it, I would definitely not place PCC under the same banner

I am going to get anecdotal and experiential in nature here, but that is what I have to go on.

I have not seen the same commitment to ministry, specifically in the local church genre from the PCC grads (recent grads) I have been in contact with. Certainly not with the fervor that seems to be almost a given with many MBBC grads. I have several friends who are recent grads, and they really are fringe members for the most part. Now, they do know how behave, and they cringe when pastor uses the NASB, but they seem nochalant about the local church. They are not people who didn't fit in, or were fringe students at PCC either. Lack of focus on the local church would be one major concern about sending my own kids there, in addition to the sad cult like devotion to the KJV.

I would not assume as a given that students from PCC have been "prepared for minstry leadership" as the Squire likes to put it. Maybe more akin to the Merchant Marine academy than to a real Military Leadership training school ;)

5. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    To liken PCC to the Merchant Marine Academy, Kings Point, NY, is to do a diservice to the alumni of the MMA. Rather, I would put them on the level of Texas A&M. Alot of flash, but when did you hear of a flag officer form that Corps of Cadets?

6. REMiller

REMiller New Member

I have heard the same thing recently as well, and am trying to find independent confirmation.

I did find a reference to Dr. Johnson on the following
    web page:

As a new member of the A.C.E. staff, Dr. Johnson was a speaker on the A.C.E.’s Christian Educators’ Convention tour in the United States this Fall. He has a special burden for the global ministry of A.C.E. and shares the vision to “reach the world for Christ…one child at a time.”

PCC seems to have removed mention of him from their website; this page names Joel Porcher as acting Dean of Pensacola Theological Seminary.

7. superdave

superdave New Member

Squire,
    Somehow I knew the analogy was broken, thanks for the more appropriate comparison.

Your analysis is concise and correct as usual

Looks good, but The product speaks volumes about the reality. In good elizibethan english, "full of sound and fury, signifying nothing"

8. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    That is sad. I worked with A.C.E. 1984-88 and was surprised to see David Gibbs LEAVING as President (Mrs. Howard has retaken control of the program she and her husband founded in 1970). Love both Mrs H and Dave Gibbs greatly.

Johnson on the other hand, has done much evil to the cause of Christ with the KJVO sect, his tapes will never stop being a divisive carnal tool within fundamentalism even though he has moved on to another ministry.

And I pray he is not bringing that baggage with him to A.C.E.