1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Poll- Do babies that die go to hell?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Winman, Aug 15, 2014.

?
  1. All babies that die go to hell

2.8%
  2. All babies that die go to heaven

75.0%
  3. Elect babies go to heaven, non-elect babies go to hell

8.3%
  4. Other, please explain

13.9%
  1. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    No...GT...sadly some would rather remain ignorant of God honoring truth and as you say despise the prayer and study of godly teachers.

I know these men were gifted by God and were strong in the word of God.

Looks as if you and a few others understand this as well.....others prefer their error through pride and just being stubborn:thumbsup::thumbsup:

2. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Some of us when we recognize truth being clearly articulated enjoy it as it opens our minds to portions of scripture that help understand.

No need to re-invent the wheel....

those who enjoy these tools can support them....whereas you cannot begin to demonstrate in any fashion that any of these links are wrong.

they expose your mistaken notions, you do not like that so you are critical...that is how we see your empty objections:thumbs:

3. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    :wavey:
    as usual...you leave out the part of the article that gives the full picture:laugh:

#83 Iconoclast, Aug 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2014
  4. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

The link didn't "expose" anything that I believe.

5. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    :wavey::thumbsup::wavey:

6. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    any link I have posted usually does...that is why you dislike them.
    You cannot answer them, just like the sermons I have offered to you.....you probably listened in secret, but could not answer so you speak against them:laugh:

When OR. or Bosley, or Reformed, or Rippon answer you...you speak against them....then as they add scripture you tell them they are not relevant and tell them to back out of the thread....you do this quite often,,,,we have noticed this .

7. Winman

Winman Active Member

Of course Jesus' soul was not left in hell, who said it was?

Peter was using the argument, that Jesus's physical body had resurrected, and this was the proof he was the Christ.

David was still in the grave, and his sepulchre was still there in Jerusalem that very day.

Acts 2:29 Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day.
    30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;
    31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.
    32 This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.

Peter and the other disciples did not see Jesus's soul when it was raised, they saw his BODY. They touched his body, they saw him eat. This was the proof Jesus was the Christ.

And they saw his body physically ascend into the clouds. This was the proof that Jesus was Christ.

I think Peter's point is escaping you.

8. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Winman

I have never said that is my position so you are talebearing...it shows again you are reading without comprehension.
    No you do not or you would not post the wicked ideas you post.

Yes...I am such a genius...I am driving a truck:laugh:...just like you are wrong on scripture...you cannot even figure this out.....but it looks good to make a personal attack in your mind...I understand.....it must be tough to be you:laugh:

9. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Sorry to disappoint you Icon. I don't listen to the sermons and rarely click on a link. That is the honest truth.

#89 DHK, Aug 16, 2014
  10. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    :thumbsup::thumbsup:

11. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    DHK

DHK.....I do find that disappointing. You are certainly within your right to abstain from such study tools but I think that is not wise...

when the link is posted...it is written right on your screen.....DHK...what possible difference does it make...if I write it....or a pastor who lived 400yrs ago? If we are seeking truth that should be what we are concerned about.

I cut and paste the best teaching I can find. These are proven and trusted guides.....not infallible.....but solid teachers...I enjoy them.

Can you honestly say that most of what gets posted here is biblically superior to what these godly saints learned and share with us in their writings???

Many here enjoy the links quite a bit.....you...not at all .

Then you quote other men and that is okay???:confused:;)

#91 Iconoclast, Aug 16, 2014
  12. Winman

Winman Active Member

That confession you showed was represented by choice #3 which said elect infants go to heaven, and non-elect infants go to hell.

Isn't that what you believe? If not, then why did you submit a confession that said that?

If you believe that confession you posted, then I certainly do understand your position and have for years.

Again, your doctrine is not nearly as complicated as you think it is. It is actually quite simple, and quite illogical.

I would never fault anybody for driving a truck, it is a vital job that keeps our economy running. I drove a truck for a few years myself when I was a young man and enjoyed it.

But you think these authors you quote are more intelligent than regular folks here at BB. That is not true. Many of the authors you quote hold very illogical views.

The fact that you can find 20 Reformed authors who all believe something that is illogical does not mean it is not illogical.

13. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Choice ? going to heaven is not about choice, at least, not about man's choice.
    Babies do not go to hell because they have no works they can be convicted of.
    God does not send babies to hell because they have a fallen nature.
    Read Revelation 20 and it clearly says those whom God cast into the lake of fire were cast there because of their works, not their fallen nature.
    I used to think babies were also elect, and unelect, but God's unfathomable mercy precludes that, after much thought and study about it.

14. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Babies go to heaven. Blessed is the one unto who God does not impute sin...

15. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Yes, God is a merciful God.

16. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Icon,

You are a truck driver. That is fine and you are to be commented for your continued participation while on the road. The Prince of Preachers, Charles Spurgeon, was converted at age 15 and began to preach a year later. As far as i can tell he had no formal education beyond that but by the time of his death in 1892, he had preached nearly 3,600 sermons and published 49 volumes of commentaries, sayings, anecdotes, illustrations and devotions. [https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Spurgeon]

I think you do a great job even though I may disagree with you on occasion. Don't let some of these people on this Board give you a hard time for your beliefs and your posts. As far as the Confessions are concerned we all owe a great debt of gratitude to these old Saints. Their knowledge of Scripture and their stand for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints, sometimes in the midst of persecution, is to me an indication of the Grace of God in their lives and their work.

17. OldRegular

What happened to my last two posts, DHK? I had the last two posts on this thread this morning and now they are gone. Is it one of the perks given a moderator that they can delete posts at their pleasure; especially those that tell the truth!One perk I found out you have last night is that you cannot be added to the "ignore" list but never mind I can still ignore anyone who would abuse the Word of God as you did on a previous thread. Will you delete this one before anyone reads it!

18. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

This is my feeling too. What God does with babies who have died, He chose not to tell us but I know He is just and the eternity of these children is in His hands.

19. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Yeah, where did they go? I saw them on this thread and "poof" and they're gone...wonder where they went DHK???

20. OldRegular

Perhaps they were "raptured"! I thought they were good but not that good even though I was up at 2:00 AM working on them! I believe one, or more, by DHK is also missing! Strange!