1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

question about this BB quote

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by donnA, Feb 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joseph shall add

If I have offended I am sorry, offence does come. But I have not errored in the word. I may have mis typed or not given clarity. By I am a strick student of the word of God and the whole word. And folks God gifts us all different gifts. We are not all the same nor intended to be the same. God likes verity. And he is a supernatural God not just flesh and bone.

2. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

The craziness about the Holy Spirit, blue and red lights and so forth is worrisome.

And if I were Pastor Huffman I'd have second thoughts about having this gentleman teach.

3. CoJoJax

CoJoJax New Member

"Offence does come"???

Dude.. WHAT are you talking about?

Maybe you should wait till your hand heals, and then start posting again. Does it bother you at all reading what you're typing? Seriously?

I may not be knowledgable as most on here.. but I believed you've been called out on a # of points and have not responded directly.. rather jumping around it instead.

And when people find a label for something you believe in that is clearly not Baptist, you simply just state "no, I'm not ____". OHHH ok, nevermind then! I guess you're ok! COME ON..!!! :BangHead:

4. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would advise you to slow down a bit then, be long to hear, slow to speak, you know? You might even learn something, if it's not to late for you here already.

5. HAMel

HAMel Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    These Holiness Folks are very sincere. I have always found them to be very interesting but still wondering where the scripture encourages any believer to speak in tongues.

When you consider the scripture,

1 Co 12:28, "And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues."

...speaking in tongues is way at the bottom of the list as to how the Lord set up His Church. The Holiness Faith has seemingly altered the Word by elevating this act as a Top Priority.

I don't understand why they can't see it.

Again, to whom should be attribute all this confusion to?

6. donnA

donnA Active Member

absoutly nothing you've said here is baptist, much less southern baptist.
    your yolked to something alright, and it isn't scripture.

I guess we know what his bondage is too

#26 donnA, Feb 9, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2010
  7. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Well, Joseph has been banned. I'm not sure if it's a temporary one or a permanent one. But I fully agree with the staff on this one.

8. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't.

Yes, he was in error. But refusing to engage him in debate was not necessary.

Anyway, moving on...

9. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

See, to me he just didn't even make enough sense to debate with! He was all over the board and was very difficult to understand what he even was saying. If I could have understood him, I would have been happy to debate.

10. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==His typing did make understanding him difficult. However I did pick out a few points that I thought were important enough to debate. It would probably have been a grand waste of time though.

11. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

The problem was that he made several heretical statements. This forum is not open to those who make heretical statements, which is why Oneness people were banned a few years ago, finally (and I was petitioning for that).

There are other forums where one can debate non-Christians, or those who promote heresies, but this is not one of them. Joseph undoubtedly sees himself as a Christian (so do Oneness people and Mormons) but some of the things he said about Jesus and the Holy Spirit were unbiblical in serious ways.

12. donnA

donnA Active Member

promoting heresies has nothing to do with his suposed difficulties, and theres no room on the BAPTIST BOARD for false teachings from false religions.

13. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I told you it wouldn't be long. Here's a Southern Baptist that you can't tell from a Pentecostal. (Not all Pentecostals are Oneness.)

I believe in 2000, in one of my first posts, I said that in about 10 years you won't see a difference in the Baptists and Pentecostals.

With folks like Mark Driscoll claiming unchallenged to have received divine revelation, arguments about tongues in the mission boards, and, most telling, the adoption of Pentecostal worship styles, it's gonna snowball now.

14. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

One aberration does not call for the usage of such a broad brush.

15. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You must live in a bubble.

16. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

Don't we all?:smilewinkgrin:

17. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==Joseph was not espousing oneness doctrines. It was his understanding of the Holy Spirit's person and work that was the problem. Joseph was clearly in error and he certainly does not need to be teaching anyone.

==This is the only board I use and I don't spend as much time on it as I use to.

18. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    This thread is not locked, never has been. Happy to read all opinions.

19. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

I didn't say he was espousing Oneness docrines - others said that.

But he did profess what I would call heresies, such as stating that Jesus was the "lesser light" in Gen. 1 and that God and the Holy Spirit were "greater lights." He also said that Jesus was "part of the Father" and something along the lines of coming out of the Father. This makes it sound like he believed one or more of the following (he did not say these, but from what he did say, it would be reasonable to conclude that he may have meant these):
    1. Jesus was a created being
    2. Jesus and God were/are one Person
    3. Jesus is inferior to God and the Holy Spirit

No one needs a label for the above beliefs to say they are departing from essential Christian teaching.

Joseph said he believed in the Trinity but I am not sure he means the Trinity as is understood in historical Christian belief due to the above statements about Jesus.

20. donnA

donnA Active Member

Dr Bob, just wanted to let you know I wasn't critizing you, just wondering opinions about if the guy really was who you guessed him to be(and apparently he was not baptist), why he was still allowed here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.