1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Reaching people for Christ- The Way of the Master with Ray Comfort

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by evangelist6589, Aug 11, 2012.

1. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

I never said that Street preaching is the only way to do evangelism. Personally there is a strong emphasis for tracts, and one on one conversations with people on the streets. I think every Christian should get involved in street evangelism, but not everyone is a open air preacher.

PS- When are the admins here gonna take care of these adds that pop up on my screen? Some of them are very sexual and I do not wish to look at that garbage.

2. Oldtimer

Oldtimer New Member

One more time.......

You have made a specific accusation against a leader in your church of not reading the Bible. Further you've extended that to other members of your church and to other Christians, as well. What did you request from/of your church leader that he refused to give or do?

Changing the subject to witnessing, which is something each of us can and should do, doesn't answer the question being asked. Nor, does asking a question, in the wrong forum, for which you have already received advice on how to keep ads from appearing on your computer screen.

Please answer the question. What did you request from/of your church leader that he refused to give or do?

3. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

OldTimer- Looks like he's avoiding your question. One can only guess why.

4. IANMO(IAMNTMYOWN)

IANMO(IAMNTMYOWN) New Member

I have to say I agree with you. There is a good deal of street preaching that takes place here. It annoys me terribly. The pastors shake their Bibles and fists at the people driving or walking by and yell fire and damnation at all of them. I actually had a teenager hide beside me, trying to avoid them. It hardly seems a method to reach the loss. There may be a place for it, but tell me. How would you appreciate it, if I ran up to you blasting what you would consider pure nonsense and telling you that you're going to hell? Get out of the self-righteous attitude of persection and think about it. Culturally, it is not acceptable. Grab some tracks and go to the jail. Take a trip to the local nursing home. Start a Bible club. Get your church to volunteer for community service.The point of witnessing is that God be glorified and sinners be saved. Often times, I feel that street preaching brings attention only to the man screaming and thumping his Bible and not to the Savior.

I know they will be instances where God can use such a presentation, and I guess this is really my opinion more than anything. It is how I am convicted about this matter though.

5. Alive in Christ

Alive in Christ New Member

I firmly believe that ALL personal evangelism..without fail..produces fruit of one sort or another.

The thing is..WE do not usually see the friut. The vast majority of the time when we witness, the seeker goes on his/her merry way with out bein born again.

But...

We have PLANTED seeds!

Lots of people witnessed to me years ago, and I remember every one of them. They have no idea that I was born again.

But God knows, and I will personally find them and thank them when I go to heaven.

Dont let not seeing results stop you from wittnessing!!

((EDIT)) I have to add this. I had forgotten about it, but it just came back.

1 person that wittessed to me does now know that I got born again. Many monthes after I was born again I happened to see him several rows over at a church service. I recognised him immedietly and went over and told him who I was (he rememberd me),and told him that I had recieved Christ. He was thrilled! And I was very happy to give him a hug and thank him personally.

#25 Alive in Christ, Aug 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2012
  6. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I've answered it many times he just does not hear it. I sent an email and made a recommendation for street evangelism. I never asked for anything...

7. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Check out this DVD

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003WLVHC4/?tag=baptis04-20

8. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well said, well said. Allot of people get pragmatism mixed in with evangelism and only do it if they see "results." The results are with God as He brings the converts (Acts 13:48).

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003WLVHC4/?tag=baptis04-20

9. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I disagree.. Law to the Proud and Grace to the humble is a principle and not a method.

10. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    So, you "suggested" what to teach and emphasize to your church leader and he didn't do what you wanted. (Perhaps he'd rather teach what the Holy Spirit leads him to?) Then you get frustrated and accuse him (to us) of not reading his Bible. On top of disrespecting your church leader to us, you now claim the podcast folks are your leaders.

Tell me, evangelist, is this pride or humility?

11. Oldtimer

Oldtimer New Member

John has written:
    John, I'm afraid you've dodged my question, yet again. First you said you spoke with your church leader and, then, accused him of not reading his Bible. Next, you send a "mail" and made a "suggestion". What was in your "street evangelism" suggestion that wouldn't involve you, since you asked for an endorsement, according to your OP.

One more time.... "What did you request from/of your church leader that he refused to give or do? " Rephrased: What suggestion did you make and why (using plain English) did your church leader turn it down? Remember, you've made a serious charge against your church leader in a public forum. And, your church, as well.

12. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

Ah, the impetuousness of youth...

13. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

I think Evangelist is in his 30's. Old enough to know better IMO.

14. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

If so, then I agree.

Though 30 is still youth to me....:)

15. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh I give up with you… You are clearly someone that does not respond to reason. You have an agenda here no question about it. It does not matter if its a pastor, church leader or what not, those that do not follow the scripture are not doing Biblical evangelism. You continue to try and put this power trip on me, but it does not work as I am for the way that Jesus did things. I do things the way of my master.

16. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

Talk about a power trip... You have a lot to learn, young man. I hope you do not continue to choose to learn it the hard way.

17. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I stand by the word of God and the power of the scripture. Its not about the results its about the obedience and doing things Biblically. Its not a power trip, its conviction to do what the word says.

18. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Where in the Word do we see that we must stand on street corners and preach to anyone who walks by? Do we see the apostle Paul doing this as his practice?

19. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

That is fine- for YOU. Your method ≠ everyone else's method and your results ≠ everyone else's results.

It's sad and ironic that everyone here on the BB is on a "power trip" except you. Someday you will understand what we are trying to tell you- I hope.

20. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Street evangelism is not the same as street preaching.