1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Reaching people for Christ- The Way of the Master with Ray Comfort

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by evangelist6589, Aug 11, 2012.

1. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You should read Hells Best Kept Secret or better God has a wonderful plan for your life, so you can understand Biblical evangelism.

2. Oldtimer

Oldtimer New Member

Yes, that is quite evident, as your title of this thread indicates.

I'm not giving up on you. Only our Lord knows why I feel sorry for you and haven't written you off many posts ago. I'm not giving up on you, yet.

Instead, I pray you'll remember these verses the next time you condem your church leader, your church and anyone else who doesn't doesn't share YOUR opinion(s) and endorse YOUR suggestions.

Matthew 7: KJB
    Judge not, that ye be not judged.
    2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

4 Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?

Instead, I pray that in time, the Holy Spirit will help you grow in maturity in His word. I pray that you'll turn off the radio and listen to Him, instead.

Proverbs 2: KJB
    3 Yea, if thou criest after knowledge, and liftest up thy voice for understanding;

4 If thou seekest her as silver, and searchest for her as for hid treasures;

5 Then shalt thou understand the fear of the Lord, and find the knowledge of God.

6 For the Lord giveth wisdom: out of his mouth cometh knowledge and understanding.

Give up on you, John? No. I'm praying for you instead.

1 Corinthians 13: KJB
    11 When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

3. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

What is the difference between the two?

4. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

5. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Street evangelism is not necessarily open air. Street evangelism may be as simple as passing out tracts, engaging the lost in conversation, handing out water, food, etc.. Open air may be a part of someones street evangelism or it may not.

6. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    So far I haven't seen anyone here condemn street evangelism. It's a great tool, not to be confused with street preaching. If you've watched "The Way of the Master" lessons they do give excellent ways to reach people in everyday situations like walking down the sidewalk or in a park or wherever. They don't preach at the top of their lungs to strangers while standing on the street corners. Their method is about planting seeds in a very direct way.

Evangelist, please answer this question for me so I can better understand. Are you saying that if churches and their leaders aren't teaching this particular method and using it, that they are unbiblical? Are you assuming they are not doing ANY method of evangelism because they are not doing this TYPE of evangelism? It seems this is what your beef is.

7. Havensdad

Havensdad New Member

2Ti 4:2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.

Paul is most certainly talking about the same kind of preaching that we see him doing throughout the book of Acts: on street corners, marketplaces, the Aeropagus, etc.

ABSOLUTELY we see Paul doing this...almost exclusively.

8. Havensdad

Havensdad New Member

This is not just "a" method. It is a command of scripture. Any person who calls himself a preacher, who is unwilling to preach in the public square when given the opportunity, is a pretender.

9. Havensdad

Havensdad New Member

I am right with you bro. God bless your stand on scripture.

10. Havensdad

Havensdad New Member

How dare you, sir. This young man takes a stand upon the scriptures, and you give him a bunch of liberal silly talk about "his opinion"?

Its not "his opinion." It is SCRIPTURE> pragmatism is a disgusting, idolatrous practice that has led the church into any number of godless practices, (such as the demonic "seeker sensitive" movement put out by false prophets like Rick Warren).

This young man is following scripture; he is commanded, as we all are, to REBUKE those who oppose sound doctrine.

Good for him. Shame on you.

11. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

Ev- Thanks for explaining the difference.

I've absolutely no problem with what you describe. Our Lord will use what he will use, and I've no doubt many people know Him because of it. The problem that I see is the idea that if street preaching is not emphasized by a church and/or practiced by individuals, they are assumed to not be reading their Bibles. You may think that you have Scripture on your side, but try to remember that not everyone has the same calling or ability. To make baseless accusations against the leaders in your church (in my opinion, they should count for more than your WOTM leaders), isnt right.

Having said that, there is something to say for your fervent attitude. It is commendable.

12. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

To GOD it is a principle. The methods within this vary. Our job is to just "go".

13. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

So...is your mote in one or both eyes? Calling Warren a false prophet and his methods demonic is borderline westboronian. Shame on YOU!

14. Havensdad

Havensdad New Member

Rick Warren is a feel good heretic. Right back at YOU>

15. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Baseless accusations from hyper cal's carry about as much weight as toilet paper holds.

16. Havensdad

Havensdad New Member

How can you call an avid evangelist a "hyper calvinist?" You need a theological dictionary.

I did not accuse anyone. I stated, plainly, a fact. Rick Warren is a false teacher...an antichrist.

17. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

...yet you can call an avid evangelist an antichrist and false teacher. Get your own dictionary.

18. Havensdad

Havensdad New Member

Rick Warren is not an evangelist. He is a false prophet and an antichrist.

19. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

FYI, repeating something over and over again does not substantiate an argument nor does it make it true.

20. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs: