Regeneration: Begotten By God

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by OldRegular, Jan 7, 2010.

1. OldRegular Well-Known Member

That is the beauty of the Sovereign Grace of GOD. He is able to save all those that HE chose unto Salvation in Jesus Christ before the foundation of the world!

2. webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Sure is a sick outlook on beauty. If I saw my children playing with a group of children in the road and I could save all of them and didn't, I'd be a monster not to.

3. webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Not sure he does...he can't "hear" half the things those who oppose his views say and he keeps regurgitating the same old, regular tired statements.

4. Skandelon <b>Moderator</b>

Yes, I'm well aware of the old tired argument of "they are able but not willing."

So explain to me why you all quote a passages that speaks of inability to bolster your claims if indeed they are all able?

for example Calvinist quote Romans 8: "It does not submit to God's law, nor can it do so." to prove their point and it says they are "not able to do so."

and ""No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him"

Again, most Calvinists apply this to man's "total inability" because it says, "no one is able to come."

Why do you all insist on the a complex game of semantics? If he is unable to be willing, then he is unable, period. So hush up about that and deal with the arguments already.

5. Amy.G New Member

There's nothing beautiful about the Calvinist view of God's sovereign grace.

It makes God a cold hearted monster. Only a monster would take someone born into total depravity and refuse a way out. That is not the God of the Bible. People do not go to hell because God refused to regenerate them to faith, but rather because He held out His hand and they refused to take it.

Jesus was lifted up to draw ALL men unto Himself. Not just a few.

6. The Archangel Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The following items have been posted:

These quotes misrepresent the state of man. According to these statements and analogies, man is neutral--neither good nor bad. But, of course, the Bible tells us and shows us the condition of man is not neutral, it is "bad."

The analogy about saving someone from being hit by a truck and killed is false because we are already dead in our trespasses and sins. So, God is not preventing our death, He is bringing us back to life. That is the essence of salvation.

Blessings,

The Archangel

7. pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Originally Posted by jcjordan
    so, since we are doing analogies, let's try this one which is much closer to being the real situation one is without Christ:

Let's say you have a 3 year old child who is out playing in the yard. You see your little cuttie getting closer and closer to the road. The road looks very attractive. The toy truck will roll much easier on that nice hard road, then it will the grass. You see a big truck coming down the road....and now your child is right in the middle of the road. Would you beg and plead with the child to move, or would usurp that child's precious free will, run out into the road, grab him and move him?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Amy.G
    Ok. I'll play. So why does God only run into the road to save some of His children? Is that what you would do? What if 2 of your children are playing in the road? Which one would you save?

But both analogies presume that ALL mankind are God's children, and that is not correct.
    All mankind are God's creation thru the Federal headship of Adam, but not all are God's children.

8. Amy.G New Member

I agree, which makes it a bad analogy. But I played along just to prove how ridiculous it is.

9. DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I think the analogies presume the willingness of the children to be saved--a fair assumption considering that most of us would not willingly stand in the middle of a road and desire a truck to run over us.

The other assumption is quite Biblical.
    God is not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.

Unfortunately we live in a world where people are so heart-hardened that they would rather be run over by a truck than to submit to the authority of Christ. But then, that's their choice. :)

10. Amy.G New Member

Our quotes did not in any way state that man is "neutral". Neither of us believe that. Our comments were in response to the silly analogy by JD. Maybe you should discuss it with him.

11. Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is why self-made human analogies are so ineffective.

Do you acknowledge that the Lord is not obligated to save anyone? Do you concede that no one deserves His mercy? Do you admit that He hardens those He chooses?

This monster-God that the non-Cals keep charging the Calvinists with is blasphemous. Get biblical for a change.

12. webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Might actually help to see who's analogy it was :laugh:
    Your answers...yes, yes, depends on your meaning, as hardening a corpse is meaningless, and God does nothing meaningless.

IN THE ANALOGY...any god like that would be monsterous. Nobody "charged" anybody with anything, so you can come down from your soap box.

13. OldRegular Well-Known Member

If you told your children to go, live as you please, do whatever makes you happy; would that mean you were a good father?

14. OldRegular Well-Known Member

Am I to assume that you have a talking monitor that reads the words to you WD!:laugh::laugh: Hope you learn to read real soon!:smilewinkgrin::tongue3:

15. jcjordan New Member

I agree my analogy has some shortcomings.

16. Amy.G New Member

No. And God doesn't do that either. But good fathers do give their children choices. They tell their children to do as they say, or be punished.

17. jcjordan New Member

In certain situations, I don't give them the option to stop....no matter how bad they don't like it. I don't care one bit about his choice in certain instances. If i've chosen to love him, then I will go at all costs to save them from certain destruction....they will love me for it later.

18. Amy.G New Member

So did God.

Joh*3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

19. Robert Snow New Member

If God, in His Sovereignty, grants man a choice, the He doesn't lose anything. You don't have to agree, but why is this so difficult to understand?

20. Robert Snow New Member

Not true! You claim that God loves some people and hates all the rest, I find this to be heresy.

The non-Cals believe in a God that loves all His creation and desires all to be saved. This is a loving God, not a monster.