Regeneration vs Conversion

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by pinoybaptist, Apr 6, 2017.

1. Benoni Member
    Site Supporter

By the way my Grandfather studied for the Priesthood in the Greek Orthodox religion and that religion believed that they were the true church little "c" because they knew the original Greek. We can debate language all day long but like I said earlier it does not matter because like my Grandfathers religion we all have our bias.

Here is my bias:

The real problem with words like eternal everlasting and for ever and ever is the Babylonian religious system that refuse to look outside of their man made religious box. The seminaries keep puppeting the same old doctrines of damnations generation after generation. Occasionally you will find a Bible scholar willing to agree with the following. A careful study of the Greek word “aionios” (translated as “eternal,” “everlasting,” and “forever and ever” in our English translations) shows that it comes from the Greek noun “aion” which always means “an indeterminate period of time.” It is a most unfortunate thing that the translators of old chose to translate “aionios” from the Latin language rather than the Greek from which the word is derived. God’s punishment will not last forever as is commonly taught, but will only last for the ages and only UNTIL God’s purpose for it is complete.

Eternal, eternity, etc. is not actually found in Scripture though in some aspects applied through inference of propositions. The problem is that the Greek words which were translated to "eternal" actually do not translate properly in English because there is no word in English which translates it properly. In this case, the word is "AIONIOS" and it is a descriptive adjective which just means "of, or in, or belonging to, or coming from, or resmbling, or befitting the AION.

AION is a noun meaning, "A period of time, or perpetuity of time, or definitive age, or unbroken age." It simply means an age with unknown measure which can be indefinitive or definitive.

So literally the word "AIONIOS" being translated as "Eternal" would more accurately be defined as "agely"; however since "agely" is not a real word, that leaves the English language without a literal translation for the word "AIONIOS".

So anytime you saw Jesus say "Eternal" this and "Eternal" that, he didn't say "perpetuality of time" but rather an indeterminate duration that is neither perpetual or definitive.

2. Benoni Member
    Site Supporter

If they break your heart as you claim than it surely is not of God. Let peace rule. Obviously your doctrine is wrong if peace does not rule and they break your heart. Here is what God's Word has to say about not being at peace or as you claim "breaking your heart.

Let the Peace of God Rule-

“And let the peace of God rule in your hearts.... Colossians ..peace, the umpire and ruling principle

The word “rule” used in our text comes from the Greek word, “brabeuo”, meaning TO ACT AS JUDGE OR PRESIDENT. Let PEACE be the ruling principle to decide and settle with finality all arising issues. We give three other translations to help bear out the scope of meaning:

“Let the ruling principle in your hearts be Christ’s peace, for in becoming members of one body you have been called under its sway. (Goodspeed).

“Let the peace which Christ gives settle all questionings in your hearts....(Weymouth).

“(act as umpire continually) in your hearts - deciding and settling with finality all questions that arise in your minds - , …” (Amplified).

The word PEACE is defined as: a state of tranquility or quiet; freedom from fears, agitating passions, etc. including freedom from moral confict. What conflict we endure trying to decide if the matter be right, or wrong; not necessarily if it be sinful or holy, but to decide which are the right issues, the right step, or the right stand to take. And so for all of this, what should become the ruling factor in making decisons? LET THE PEACE OF GOD ACT AS THE UMPIRE.

3. annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I am going to a farm today where sheep are going to be sheared (and I am giving the wool to a friend). There are also goats there. One goat just turned three years old and I can safely say that at no time as he matures is he going to turn into a sheep. Your theology is SORELY flawed.

4. Benoni Member
    Site Supporter

So how is it flawed? No one ever said a goat is a sheep. I said a goat is a clean animal according to the Law of Moses not according to my opinion. If a goat is a clean animal according to the law of Moses how can this be symbolic of the loss. I also said a pig is not a clean animal according to the Law of Moses so it would make more sense if our Lord would separate the sheep from the pigs but or Lord did not use this terminology. Jesus knews this do you?

5. Farmer34 New Member
    Site Supporter

Jesus stated to Nicodemus in John 3:5: "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the wind, he cannot enter the kingdom of God." I have substituted 'wind' for 'Spirit' that occurs in most translations because most Greek scholars know this is the accurate translation of the word. The Holy Wind and Holy Water of God that brings regeneration is one, the Third Person of the Trinity.

Then Jesus also states to explain: "That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Wind is Wind, Do not marvel that I said to you, ‘You must be born from above, the Wind blows where it wishes, and you hear its sound, but you do not know where it comes from or where it goes. So it is with everyone who is born of the WInd.”

The Holy WInd (and Holy Water) of God, the third person of the Trinity, brings one-step salvation to each elect soul. AND ONLY ONE. I have no trouble with using either regeneration OR conversion to describe the one step God takes toward any elect soul to resurrect him or her from death to life by giving faith (belief) in the Person and Work of Christ for that same soul's eternal redemption. It is a one-time everlasting miracle and is not progressive. The 'conversion' chart would imply a Wesleyan or Arminian concept of a series of 'salvation steps' that man must take toward God (repentance, confession, faith, conversion, surrender, obedience, entire 'sanctification') that must all be there to finally be saved in the judgment.

6. Benoni Member
    Site Supporter

So why does God have an elect? To play harps in eternity while trillions of God's people are being tortured forever and ever in a Lake of fire? I think God is not such a monster. God's elect are here so God will have saviorS coming out of Mt Zion (Mt Zion the high spiritual place where the throne of God is and his elect will dwell) So that he will bring all those lost souls he never called and they to will be made alive in Christ. Acts 15:14

7. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There are NO passages in the Bible that would support Universalism, as there is an eternal hell, and all who rejected jesus as messiah will be judgement in and for their sins by the living God!

8. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    God is not raking sinners over the coals in Hell, as he is granting to them their "will" to not to be in the presense of God at all, for those who reject God here would find heaven to be Hell to them!

9. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Those who are in the lake of fire exist forever there...

10. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Bible states that Jesus and His angels will execute judgement in fiery judgement on those who reject Him, correct?

11. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That would be labeled heresy, correct?

12. Benoni Member
    Site Supporter

How has he granting them their will? We are born is a body cursed by death, sin and the curse of Adam. Did we ask for this? This was God's will not little carnal man.

13. Benoni Member
    Site Supporter

That is your opinion. The Lake of Fire is spiritual. Agely.

14. Benoni Member
    Site Supporter

Chapter and verse please? Notice I quote scripture not some bias opinion.

Notice that the false prophets are. Or the false teachers. Those who teach damnation.

"But there were false prophets also among the people,
    even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily
    shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that
    bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction." (II Pt 2:1)

It does state heretical teachings are damning the loss. There is absolutely nothing else in the context of the verse it would be speaking of.

15. Benoni Member
    Site Supporter

Amen. God's judgments are just and his fire is spiritual. God is a spirit and has no need for physical fire.

16. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Adam choose from his Free will to fall, and he represented before God the entire human race!

17. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Satan is still there alive after 1000 years...

18. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is an eternal hell, as jesus Himself declared it to be such!

19. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Fire could be a metaphor for the ternal judgement of God towards those who reject Jesus, as an eternal condemnation!

20. Benoni Member
    Site Supporter

Free will is a religious term not a scripture term. Yes we can freely choose many things as a carnal man. We did not choose our parents, where we were born and we do not choose our own salvation. We are saved by grace not the religious word freewill.

Now when it comes to Adam. No where does it say in Genesis that Adam chose to fall by freewill. But it does say in Ps 90. God turn man to destruction (not little Adam I will add). So plese show me using scripture not your opinion.

Ps. 90:1-3. "Lord, You have been our dwelling place in all generations. Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever You have formed the earth or the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, You are God. You (God) turn man to destruction; and say return you children of men.