1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Rick Perry Endorses Cancer for President; Would Serve as Cancer's VP

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by InTheLight, May 6, 2016.

1. Kevin

Kevin Active Member

unlawful[​IMG][ uhn-law-fuhl]
    adjective
    not lawful; contrary to law; illegal.

punishment[​IMG][ puhn-ish-muhnt]
    noun
    the act of punishing .
    the fact of being punished , as for an offense or fault.
    a penalty inflicted for an offense, fault, etc.
    severe handling or treatment.

So it isn't a crime, but there is a punishment (deportation) associated with it. OK, that really clears it up. Roflmao

2. Kevin

Kevin Active Member

I have just reached the point of Whatever. This is not worth my time, and your games, threats, and name calling, I have had enough of it.

I don't really know about the law because after doing a little research and ending up on 3 no doubt about it, Liberal websites, who honestly sounded like they stole your talking points, I gave up.

So because I didn't do the research, I will go with what to me seems to be that you don't believe they are illegals because they were not caught during their criminal act, and you claim there is no law against them being here. OK fine, sounds great.

Now I will look at with a differrent twist. We do have laws in this country that have legalized abortion, homosexual marriage, lgbt issues including men allowed in Women's rooms, islam is being legalized, while Christianity is being outlawed. I'm sure you can see where I am going with this, and I AM NOT trying to imply that you endorse any of these issues, but it is the law.

Like I said, I'm done, and it looks like we won't agree on this issue.

3. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Exactly. Not a crime. IE, not a criminal offense. It is a civil breach. Personally, if Congress had any guts, it would make being here without proper documentation a criminal act. That would make the arrest, detention, and deportation issue much simpler. But it would also overwhelm or federal detention system. So I understand why it is a civil breach and not a criminal act. Can you imagine 20 million people being put in federal detention facilities pending trial in an already overwhelmed federal court system, then being incarcerated in that already over populated federal prison system and then being deported after serving the criminal sentence?

Nobody ever said this issue was simple. Well, nobody except people like Kevin who have little to no actual understanding of the issues involved.

Before we can do anything about the people who are already here without documentation we have to get control of our borders. It makes no sense to deal with people already here when 10 times that many are continuing to enter illegally.

When I lived in southern California the border patrol checkpoint at San Onofre caught 300,000 people entering the country illegally every year. But only about 30,000 were deported. The problem has been neglected for so long it may no longer be able to be fixed. :(

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Correct. Almost 60 million deaths since Roe v. Wade. That is more than 20 times the number of American deaths from all wars we have ever fought.

Correct, at least in some jurisdictions.
    Correct, at least in some jurisdictions.

Islam was never illegal in this country.
    No, it isn't. The 1st amendment is still in force.

And Kevin, the reason for that is that you have a very limited understanding of these issues. And because you don't really understand the issues, you call anyone who tries to educate you on these issues names such as "liberal." Instead of calling people names, which are not true, why not learn about these issues so you can more effectively counter the devastating affects they are having on our once great country? When you come into a forum such as this, and rant on and on while being factually wrong on many points, you just make yourself look like an ignorant hick, and nobody takes the rantings of an ignorant hick seriously. To be taken seriously you must display knowledge on the subject, and not engage in childish name-calling when you are disagreed with.

Just some words of wisdom from a very old man who has been in this battle for our country, our borders, and our liberty since before you were born. :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Living on the San Francisco Peninsula, I've come into contact with undocumented Russians, Irish, Filipinos, Chinese, ect. From what I've read here this forum's focus seems to be on those Hispanics coming north of the Rio Bravo.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    How right you are. Those of us who live on the southern border often forget there is a huge influx of Asians and Pacific Islanders to the west coast.

But in our defense 59% of undocumented aliens are of Mexican origin, followed by El Salvador at 6% and Guatemala at 5%. Then 3% from the Philippines and China, India, and Korea tied at 2%. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    True, but it would take a lot of the wind out of the pro-undocumented movement if all were at least spoken of.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks for reminding the least of us that your views are far superior to those of us peons. Classic mindset of that guy in the Oval Office. What's his name? This comment about your correctness has validated the thoughts of those who accuse you of being a liberal. You lose the argument Tom.

9. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Those who choose to not back Trump can't be trusted to back up what they said they'd do, months ago, and support the candidate. Of course these are the same guys that promised to deliver if voted into office, and turned a deaf ear to the people who voted for them. So while Perry is a man of his word, Cruz, Bush, Fiorina and others are nothing more than great disappointments to America. If they can't be trusted to do as they said on a signed agreement, how can they be trusted to vote for the Republican platform?????

10. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    They are here illegally, and until they leave or are made citizens, THEY REMAIN ILLEGAL!!!!

They have not only broken the law of coming over our border, without permission, they break the laws by not appearing at their deportation hearing, and they become fugitives, running from the law as they try to stay under radar and not get caught. They also work jobs without proper green card status. They usually drive on our roads without a valid licence and they do not carry insurance. Many of them pay to secure illegal identity cards.

NOW TOM .... TELL ME THAT THEY ARE MERELY MISUNDERSTOOD people, here to get a better life, living without documentation? AND YOU WONDER WHY SOME SAY YOU ARE A LIBERAL?

11. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, we have found another subject you don't know anything about. Please post the USC or CFR law that makes being in the US without proper documentation a criminal offense. Time to put up or shut up.

As I never said any such thing perhaps you would like to quote where I said any such thing. Again, time to put up or shut up.
    No, I don't wonder. It is because they lie like a rug. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are you this tactful toward others on your Internet Church?

13. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He has demonstrated intelligence, knowledge and great patience in this thread.

I am honored. He is knowledgable about numerous things. On at least three occasions in recent memory he has brought to the discussion (not just this discussion) facts and perspective that have aided me in my understanding. I appreciate his input.

Being knowledgable instead of ignorant is a blessing. The Bible condemns being willingly ignorant and willing spiritual blindness. We are called to deal with what is true - even if we don't like it.

Pride is an attitude, not an action. Being knowledgable is not necessarily being prideful.

You know his mind? Really?

What does the Bible say about despising knowledge and instruction? Here are a few things to meditate upon:

"Fools despise wisdom and instruction." - Proverbs 1:7b

"An intelligent heart acquires knowledge, and the ear of the wise seeks knowledge." - Proverbs 18:15

"My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge; because you have rejected knowledge, I reject you from being a priest to me."- Hosea 4:6

"For the lips of a priest should guard knowledge, and people should seek instruction from his mouth, for he is the messenger of the Lord of hosts." - Malachi 2:7

Not according to US law - that's the issue at hand.

You are confusing the agenda of advocacy groups and opinion pieces for US law.

Whether or not one agrees which what is written here, it is not US law.

It reveals you don't even understand what is being discussed.

If you would stop your shrill name-calling, maybe you could learn something.

Friend, if you are really a pastor, I certainly hope you don't treat those entrusted to your care in this way. Moreover, since one acts out of who they are ("a tree is known by its fruit"), you really need to do some soul-searching to determine if you are spiritually mature enough to be in leadership.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    RD, your Dumb Box Rating as a response to my question answers it clearly.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How many times have you called someone "brother" on this site while taking a jab of your own?

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Baptist Believer

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    God uses even braying [donkeys] to correct those who would presume to speak for Him when they are in error (see Number 22:21-38). Given that, he can even use me.

At least look after your own soul, set aside your ego and prejudices, and consider whether or not you are wrong.

17. Baptist Believer

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He's going around randomly marking posts from those he opposes as "Dumb." That just shows how childish and unstable he is. No wonder he likes Trump.

• Like Like x 1
  18. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Proverbs 9:8 Reprove not a scorner, lest he hate thee: rebuke a wise man, and he will love thee.

Proverbs 14:16 A wise man feareth, and departeth from evil: but the fool rageth, and is confident.

Proverbs 17:10 A reproof entereth more into a wise man than an hundred stripes into a fool.

Proverbs 17:28 Even a fool, when he holdeth his peace, is counted wise: and he that shutteth his lips is esteemed a man of understanding.

• Like Like x 3