1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Russ Moore

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Marooncat79, May 18, 2021.

1. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Please learn how to properly format posts!

Ha! You are unwilling to go first... Okay:

Jesus is giving us a stylized image of the Final Judgment, where the sheep are separated from the goats (similar to Matthew 13 --> the wheat from the tares, good fish from the bad fish) and the King pronounces the blessings upon His sheep because they have fed the hungry; given drink to the thirsty; invited in strangers (in OT terms, foreigners and travelers); clothed the needy; served the sick; and provided comfort, support, and companionship to those in prison. Those who were His sheep were confused, since they did not explicitly recognize Jesus in the poor, the refugee, the sick, or the prisoner. He explained that service (including advocacy) to those persons is direct service to Jesus.

To the goats, the King pronounces their curse, pointing out that they did not feed the hungry, give drink to the thirsty, invite in the stranger/refugee, clothe the needy, serve the sick, or cared about the plight of the prisoner. They did not serve Jesus (in other words, not disciples of His). They protest that they didn't know that Jesus identified with those people (perhaps they thought "social justice" was a Marxist concept?), but the King sent them to their destruction.

The difference between the two groups was how they behaved. Those who were disciples of Jesus understood His commands to love their neighbor (and even their enemies) and set out to minister to those who had needs as they went through life, not doing it because they were "earning" anything, but because they were willing disciples of the teachings of Jesus. Those who were condemned just had an excuse -- we didn't see You.

Does that make sense?

I don't think Joe Biden has disciples since he is not at the head of a personality cult.

I don't know Biden personally, but from what I have seen in public, he models love, joy, peace, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. He runs short of patience, but I hope he is getting better. I don't know about his private inner life (no one does), but he seems to feed upon faith in God because of the tragedies he has faced in his life. He is not nearly as arrogant as he was back in the 1980s.

That does include me. I am often quite direct, but rarely malicious.

You are indeed wrong, but I did give my vote to Biden for the reasons I have stated.

2. Mikoo

Mikoo Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are! I knew it! You voted for Biden and then gave yourself excuses for it. You give proper reverence and fealty to Biden. How typical liberal and hypocritical that is. Implied also a disciple of Jesus could no way vote for Trump.
    You accuse others of exactly what you liberals are guilty of.
    BINGO!!!!!
    Everything I thought about you is true. You are a 'liberal'. Politics before Faith.
    Again. Your words betray you. And yes, others know what I mean.
    Oh, and the better than and smarter than anyone and arrogance of the liberal is glaringly visible in your responses.

3. Mikoo

Mikoo Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist

For my answer to the rest of your responses, see post #62

4. Baptist Believer

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    False. My discipleship to Jesus is the basis of my political actions. If you don't believe it, you chose to believe a lie.

He is just a man, with good and bad points. I owe him nothing. When he does wrong, I will oppose him.

No, you are deceiving yourself.

Most churches in our part of Christendom do not really teach the teachings of Jesus that conflict with the politics of the congregation, not teach church members about discipleship, or how to study the Bible. So there are relatively few people who really undertake discipleship. When one is a disciple of Jesus, immersed in His teachings, it would be very hard to vote for Trump.

Nope. You simply don't/won't understand.

Nope, that's a lie.

They do not betray me. They explain me. Your words show your self-deception.

You confuse confidence and a vocabulary (I'm a writer) with arrogance. You are not the first, and probably not the last to make that accusation.

#64 Baptist Believer, May 27, 2021
    Last edited: May 27, 2021
  5. Baptist Believer

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    AGAIN, please learn to format posts!!

Trust me, it's not "liberal" to be competent.

He is obviously talking to individuals, but that's not the "out" you think it is. If you are a disciple of Jesus, and a person who has a say in government (a person who can petition the government and vote for leadership), then you are under obligation to be an advocate for all of these categories of people, as well as others mentioned in scripture. Among other things, that means it must affect the way you consider your voting options and political action.

So now it's your turn. Please explain that passage in a way that justifies not being an advocate for Jesus (those with whom He identifies).

6. Mikoo

Mikoo Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nope. You have surrendered the Body of Christ’s responsibilities to a secular government.

7. Mikoo

Mikoo Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Your words continue to betray you.

8. Baptist Believer

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, clearly I haven't at all.

Even when God's people did NOT have an official say in how things in government were run, they were advocates for righteousness -- for instance Elijah and John the Baptist. Think about the early Christians who made it a creed to say "Jesus is Lord" (rather than "Caesar is Lord").

Why do you refuse to interact with the Bible? You have accused me of not understanding it, so I have asked you to explain it to me, yet you refuse. Why is that?

Are you afraid of the teachings of Jesus? Seems that way to me.

At this point, all I can conclude about you is that you are an accuser of Christians.

Have you read the Bible? Do you understand it? You have not used it yet in our discussion. Is it because of cowardice, unbelief, or your own unwillingness to publicly admit you are is severe error?

9. Baptist Believer

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And still, Yeshua1 won't answer Jerome's question.

10. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So you support Biden views regarding abortion , and how he views Illegal aliens?

11. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I just think that your Social Justice getting woke theology should not be the primary fcus of the Christian church!

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I cannot as of yet find a direct reference, but do know that he upholds those who teaching a contrary Gospel!

13. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He wants to see the Church woke up as priority one!

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  15. Mikoo

Mikoo Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have read my Bible. You read it as a liberal, SJW 'Christian'. You go in blinded by your liberal ideology. I read it as a blessed child of God guided by the Holy Spirit. Read your words. You are the accuser of Christians.
    Again, your words have betrayed you.

16. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    he means well. but really seems to have bought hook line and sinker the ole social justice and liberal mind set!

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Baptist Believer

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    In this very thread, I have pointed out that I disagree with Biden on abortion. You and others are desperate to paint me as pro-abortion, but you are simply attacking me as a means of changing the subject.

I have no idea how Biden "views illegal aliens." However, I know what God says about the stranger, the outsider, and the refugee. Do you?

(1) My alleged "social justice" and "woke" theology has been a part of my theology for decades, since God clearly demands it in scripture. You want to blame it on contemporary movements, but it is thousands of years old and part of what God demands of us.
    (2) Who has claimed that "social justice" and "getting work" theology is supposed to be the "primary [focus] of the Christian church?" I have not. One cannot biblically divide social justice away from evangelism and discipleship, or the preaching ministry and worship. It is all part of the same interdependent theology. So whatever you have heard from others or what you assume I believe is in serious error.

He supports a "contrary gospel?" That is a very serious charge, one that makes one accursed. (Galatians 1:8). What do you mean?

You don't know a thing about me and you speak foolish lies based on your vain imagination.

18. Baptist Believer

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm glad. Now open it up and explain that Matthew 25 passage in a way that refutes my viewpoint.

This is known as the ad hominem logical fallacy. You attack me because you have no argument or biblical standing in order to deflect from revealing your inadequacy. And in this case, you aren't even addressing anything that is real. You are just making things up. A "Christian" who lies about another person, is corrected about the untruth of their statement, and then continues to press those lies shames Christ and needs to rethink whether or not he is truly a disciple. Disciples of Jesus are not casual and habitual liars.

I simply don't believe you. You have shown no evidence of being guided by the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is not a liar, and you are essentially saying that the Holy Spirit is endorsing your false message to me. That's very close to the unforgivable sin. (I'm being quite serious here. This is not about my ego, this is about your spiritual welfare.)

I wrote my words. I know what I wrote.

I am confronting your lies and error. That's being a minister of the gospel. We are called to correct each other. Your words are lies. I am speaking the truth.

You unwillingness to even quote scripture to support your position reveals you are just blowing hot air.

19. Baptist Believer

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is literally a repost of the same article (different site) that doesn't support any of your claims about Moore. Regarding this article, Moore's big sins are that he doesn't fully embrace extremist right-wing rhetoric or hold to the anti-Semitic George Soros is a master puppeteer of all evil forces in the world.

Ah yes, Moore is not loved by self-identified wingnuts... That should tell you something. Their big issue here is that they have embraced the hysteria over CRT (which is a conversation about the way ethnicity intersects with American culture) and demands that every leader join them in their hysteria or else they are somehow anti-God.

And even that doesn't address the two charges you made:
    (1) Moore "does see prophets given to the Church today!" (whatever that's supposed to mean)
    (2) Moore "upholds those who teaching(sic) a contrary Gospel!"

Please provide documentation for these accusations or withdraw them.

20. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You seem to though agree that doctors and women should have final say if to abort to not, and not God!
    And we are not command as a nation to show more support and compassion towards illegals then our own citizens!
    And just where did Jesus or his Apostles give to us the great Commission to get people work up, instead of saved?