1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Satan & UFO's

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by HAMel, Sep 29, 2011.

1. Winman

Winman Active Member

If anyone is interested in a sound biblical discussion on UFOs, go to "Alien Intrusion UFOs and the Evolution Connection" on YouTube. There are about 10 segments, parts 5-10 get into the real meat of the issue concerning UFOs. I am on a cell phone, so I can't post the link, but I believe you will find these videos very sound doctrinally, but scientifically as well.

This fellow is a Christian scientist, he believes UFOs are real and explains what he believes their purpose is from a scriptural perspective. I think you will be highly impressed, this fellow is not a kook.

#121 Winman, Oct 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2011
  2. HAMel

HAMel Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks Winman. I found his video's and will watch them.

3. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

Thanks for the well wishes. Notice I don't doubt Winman saw something odd. I do NOT think it was the devil in a flying saucer. :smilewinkgrin:

4. HAMel

HAMel Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So instead, let's just follow any wild idea because it "could" be true.

Proverbs: 15:14

I do NOT think it was the devil in a flying saucer.

Proverbs: 14:6

5. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    In the days before the Reformation, it was forbidden that any layperson to read or interpret the Scriptures, and you and Scotty are making exceptional arguments for the reinstatement of that doctrine.

Sheesh!

6. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

...and I know you would love nothing more than burn me at the stake based on the hate filled, un-Christ like posts of yours on this board.

Of course you once again do not disappoint by actually engaging the topic, but resorting to the normal 7th grade tactics you are known for.

7. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks For Making It Clear

I didn't pick that up, dude. SORRY! The one thing the 400 plus on the playground with me that day didn't notice the devil waving out of the portholes either. Good point.

Hope you're still doing better, as that is my continued prayer for you!

8. Winman

Winman Active Member

I was very clear that I did not see any beings, and I am thankful for that. I could see in the portholes, but all I saw was the blue light, and the one green light. I said this craft appeared HOLLOW.

I don't believe what I saw was a craft inhabited by demons, I think the craft itself was a demon. I believe they can materialize in any form they choose to deceive the observer.

This is why these craft that appear to be of intelligent design can break all known physical laws, the craft itself is spiritual.

9. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

As mine for you. God bless.

10. WestminsterMan

WestminsterMan New Member

Ok -Ok...

Twas’ a black and stormy night as we traveled along Highway 540 heading north which we picked up off of Hwy. 40 running west of Little Rock AR. The cloud ceiling was LOW - at about 25 ft. - and the wind was blowing so hard that most of the 18 wheelers were pulled off of the highway to avoid overturning. But not us… we had a customized Greyhound 4104 and the driver just couldn’t afford to stop. We were; however, going VERY slowly – about 25 mph as I recall.

It was my turn to ride shotgun so it was just I and the driver up front. Suddenly, I estimate probably not more than 50 feet directly in front of us, the clouds began to light up as if something big and bright was descending through them. As we got closer, the lighted area kept growing and intensifying until the point that we were almost directly under it. Suddenly, the clouds broke open to reveal five huge lights arranged in a circular pattern. I'm estimating that each was 10ft. in diameter encased in a metallic parabola wired together with something like a metal rod matrix. They actually looked like enormous street lights, but much brighter and whiter than anything I’ve ever seen.

As we passed under it I begged the driver to stop. He told me “…there’s no way in Hell that I’m going to stop under that thing.” I then ran to the back of the bus and, looking out the back window, saw the thing ascend again until the glow was completely gone. Well, being the kind of guy that I am, I started to doubt myself and immediately began to look for possible explanations.
    The next thing I did was to write down the nearest highway mile marker. Since I knew we would be returning via this same route and that it would be during the day, I was sure that I would discover something like a pedestrian bridge or a railroad trestle that might account for the lights. After all, the cloud ceiling was so low and conditions so dark that it could have easily obscured just about anything.

Well, you can probably guess that on the return trip there was absolutely nothing like that around. As a matter of fact that highway runs adjacent to Devils Den State Park which at the time was mostly forest area. There were no houses, bridges, or street lights to be found.

The next thing I thought of would be that we saw some sort of helicopter or hovering type aircraft. By talking with military pilots over the years here at nearby Ft. Rucker, I have been able to discount that theory. There is absolutely no way that any kind of "known" aircraft could stay airborne in those conditions much less perform a controlled low altitude hovering maneuver.

Ok… now for the kicker. I’ve always been something of a documentary fanatic. Thus, following my wants, about three months later I was relaxing at home watching a documentary on UFOs (naturally). They were showing old newsreels from the 1950’s of people who had seen “them flying disks.” One of the people interviewed was an airline pilot standing in front of his 1950s TWA Constellation with something like an easel next to him on which to draw. This guy starts describing a UFO that appeared above his plane. Then he draws this sketch which looks identical to the arrangement of what I saw. When asked where he encountered the UFO he responded “…just west of Little Rock AR.”

WM

11. HAMel

HAMel Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    WestminsterMan, most interesting turn of events. Thanks for sharing.

12. Winman

Winman Active Member

Yes WM, thank you for the detailed report. I would say your experience is very difficult to explain.

I agree with your bus driver, step on the gas!