1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Satan & UFO's

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by HAMel, Sep 29, 2011.

1. beameup

beameup Member

And you are saying that Satan does not "mimic" the things of God?

And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. Therefore [it is] no great thing if
    his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be
    according to their works.
    2 Cor 11:14-15

2. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

I said no such thing. Have you read my other posts??

But what Ezekiel saw was totally of God. God was speaking to Him.

3. Winman

Winman Active Member

... for the spirit of the living creature was in the wheels. (Eze 1:21)

I don't know exactly what these wheels within wheels and full of eyes round about them are, but the scriptures say a spirit was in them.

In Rev 13:13 it says the beast had power to do great wonders and miracles, saying to the people that dwell on the earth should make an image. Then in verse 15 he has the power to give life to this image that it might speak.

The Lord himself appeared to Moses as a burning bush in Exo 3:2.

So there are examples of spirits inhabiting objects beside men and animals in the scriptures.

I believe the vast majority of UFO sightings are hoaxes, or simple mistakes, but there have been thousands of reports from reliable people like astronauts, military and commercial pilots, police officers, radar operators, and other individuals trained in observation. To simply discount ALL of these reports is naive.

In my own case, I know what I saw, and I do not believe they were man-made craft.

4. beameup

beameup Member

#104 beameup, Oct 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2011
  5. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

If you read Ezekiel (in context) it is clearly speaking of God. God called Ezekiel to prophesy to the Jews about the wrath He was getting ready to bring on them. Ezekiel described what he saw in the only terms he knew how to. Everything about what he saw described God's glory and attributes. The eyes for instance represent God's omnipresence. Cherubim are the creatures that surround God's throne.
    The only deception of Satan going on in this instance is the fact that he wants people to question what Ezekiel saw as being of God. He wants people to "think" Ezekiel saw alien aircraft.

6. Winman

Winman Active Member

I agree with Amy, the wheels in Ezekiel were of God. I also agree that Satan wants to deceive people that Ezekiel saw UFOs. He wants people to believe in evolution and that life has popped up all over the universe. He wants people to doubt the creation account and believe we were placed here by aliens ages ago. He also wants to discredit serious and sober people.

I am no "Trekkie". I have never taken much interest in sci-fi. But I would be a liar if I denied what I saw.

7. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Amen. And you are very brave to tell what you saw and take all the criticism you have gotten. I appreciate that. I have had experiences (different than yours, but spiritual) that people would not believe either. But I just usually keep my mouth shut because I don't like to be mocked.

#107 Amy.G, Oct 3, 2011
  8. Winman

Winman Active Member

Thanks Amy. Yes, you can expect to take a lot of ridicule. I have had several very godly pastors tell me of strange encounters with the supernatural. When I was young, I was probably a bigger skeptic than those who make fun here. I learned the hard way folks aren't always kooks or liars.

If you ever have time, please PM your experiences, I promise I will not ridicule them.

#108 Winman, Oct 3, 2011
  9. beameup

beameup Member

Satan was "the anointed cherub that covereth" [the throne of God]. Ezek 28:14
    I don't think we should minimize the great deception of the Tribulation.

If it were possible even the very elect would be deceived... but we won't be here, we will be THERE.

#109 beameup, Oct 3, 2011
  10. Winman

Winman Active Member

No, I agree with you. I believe in the rapture. I believe it will be similar to Paul's experience on the Damascus road where he saw Jesus, but the other men saw a bright light and heard a loud noise, but did not see Jesus.

When the Lord returns and many people suddenly disappear, what better way to explain than that the UFOs took them away?

I believe the world is being prepared for this and this explains all the sightings that started to occur just as Israel was restored as a nation.

I am not a sci-fi kook, I don't even watch the stuff, although I see it at times channel surfing. It holds no interest to me at all.

11. WestminsterMan

WestminsterMan New Member

I've seen one myself. I don't know what they are; however, I know what they are not - and that's human. I won't go into detail, but I'm sure there's nothing man-made that can perform a hovering manuver in the extreme weather conditions that existed at the sighting.

12. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

So instead, let's just follow any wild idea because it "could" be true. :rolleyes:

13. Winman

Winman Active Member

I wish you would go into detail, it is detail that helps determine whether an account is geniune or false.

I did not see distant lights travelling across the sky, the objects I saw were extremely close to me. The first object I described was probably no more than 500 feet from me, the second object was probably less than 200 feet away from me. If they were any further away they would have been enormous objects. Both were seen under clear conditions, and I had a witness with the first object. I got a clear and detailed look at both objects.

Trust me, if you see one of these objects up close, you will know they are not man-made.

14. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Angels and demons do more than inhabit humanity, they take on human form which is material. Its an argument from silence either way that they can or cannot take on other forms.

15. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Now you're making them creators. If they have no corporeal bodies to begin with, they cannot create them in which to appear.

16. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    See above.

17. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

I agree with Aaron here---thinking right off of the gospel accounts of the "wild man of Gadara" in which he was possessed of Legion "for we are many"

Jesus was about to cast them out and they then begged Jesus to let them "go into the swine"

They didn't answer Jesus with a smart mouthed---"Go ahead---cast us out----we'll just turn ourselves into a human like the one we're leaving here!!"

18. beameup

beameup Member

Angels have bodies. More specifically they have "spiritual bodies" oikētērion.
    As well, they can "materialize" into our dimensions. At the Tribulation
    they (along with Satan) will be cast to terra firma (earth).
    Demons are disembodied spirits and are created by Satan. Satan is currently
    under some restraints, but during the Tribulation will be "unleashed" (unchained) for a time.

Jude 6: And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation-[oikētērion],
    he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day. [see Gen 6]

II Cor 5:2: For in this we groan, earnestly desiring to be clothed upon with our house-[oikētērion] which is from heaven.

19. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I never made them anything. If God allows them to be seen as whatever He wishes, who are you to tell Him otherwise? Did the angels that appeared to Abraham inhabit other humans or did they take on the form of humans? Same with us entertaining them while unaware. Inhabit humans...take form of humans?

20. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just a Thought That May Mean Something to You!

Just because you haven't seen "one" doesn't mean those who have are crazy or delusional.

Not everybody has the chronic pain that I suffer 24/7/365, and no one can see the cause of my pain (neuropathy and degenerative disc disease), but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist, nor is it a figment of my imagination, or just in my head.

You should know better than others, MP, as you are coming off a "rare form of cancer" and just because those who never had what you are diagnosed with doesn't mean you are crazy or delusional.

There are times we must trust in what our brothers and sisters say.

I know what I witnessed in the sky over my elementary school in 1957, and I had a host of witnesses, including school staff and teachers who witnessed the same thing. I know I've never seen it again, and doubt I will, still, what I saw that day was real. Maybe it was a massive demonic lie, but it happened to more than 400 others, and that can't be taken away.

Before you make fun at anothers expense, keep in mind that the experience is real in the eye of the beholder, and I know you understand this, as well as I do! Of course, I'm jus' sayin' it may be real?

Shalom, and prayers for your continued healing,

Pastor Paul :type: