1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured SBC President's pronouncement on 'Black Lives Matter' slogan

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Jerome, Jun 11, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So what are you doing about psychos among the police in Democrat cities in Democrat states? And what are you doing about black on black crime? All Greear did was make a video about himself and he never discussed that the cop was a psycho although Greear knows a psycho when he sees one.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. RighteousnessTemperance&

RighteousnessTemperance& Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, that's something you're unlikely to see via the MSM. Thanks. I'd heard of them, but never heard them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Wingman68

Wingman68 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is that the best you’ve got? Somebody loves to hear themself talk, virtuously of course.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. RighteousnessTemperance&

Faith:
    Baptist
    Enough of the empty accusations. Let's cut to the chase. Show everyone how you yourself have repented.

What specific ideas are you carrying out to solve whatever problems you perceive that you think are worthy yet rejected here due to racism? Describe your solutions and how they are solving the problems.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Particular

Particular Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I call it out and condemn racism. Wickedness is a human condition known in both the Democratic Party and the Republican Party. I stand with the peaceful protesters who are very rightly calling for justice. Justice is a God honoring cause. It saddens me when Christian brothers and sisters find excuses to not stand on the side of justice. When we fail to uphold justice, we fail to honor our King.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Steven Yeadon

Steven Yeadon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree we have to stand against racism. That we call sin as sin. That we call for justice in wrongdoing. The problem with BLM is easily seen in their message going beyond racism to LGBTQ and other concerns we cannot support.

What We Believe - Black Lives Matter

If you challenged people on concrete steps against racism, in a respectful manner, your cause would at least make sense to me as an independent.

7. HeirofSalvation

HeirofSalvation Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Hey.....you actually said something meaningful and true!
    Good job!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think that your argument would be better if it were divorced from Black Life Matters (at least with the current situation).

The reason is more white men are actually shot by police. More white kids were killed for having toy guns. We do not hear about these because it is not a "moral injustice". Also, Black Lives Matters recently became a racist movement when they assumed the reason for Mr. Floyd's death while in custody of the four officers (of three races) was somehow due to Mr. Floyd being black. That was a racist assumption.

I am sure that you can see that (that it is racism to assume that the death of Mr. Floyd was an issue of racism). And I am sure that we would agree that there are issues of race (all around) in our communities today. But the organization Black Lives Matters has made some very racist statements recently.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    The problem with BLM is that they are using racism to combat racism. That is wrong.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    And that is the reason - I am waiting for a verdict in a fair trial for the police officer in question,

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Particular

Faith:
    Baptist
    I grew up near an Ojibwe Indian Reservation. Going to school with kids from the Rez. In the white town in which I was raised, I was taught that the Indians were filthy liars and cheaters. It was reinforced when I got jumped by four kids from the Rez. But as I grew and played hoops with many of them, I heard their stories and saw the injustices they lived with every day. I realized I held very prejudiced, racist beliefs that were God dishonoring. I needed to repent.
    When I grew up, I moved to a major metropolitan area and met black men and women. I had unsubstantiated fears from watching TV and hearing stories. But, as I ministered in an inner city church, I came to see that my prejuduces were wrong. I needed to repent and see image bearers in my neighbors. I have had to repent and humble myself about my wicked prejudice. I have had to ask forgiveness for racist comments and actions I made. I have been far from perfect. But, I repent. I ask God to purge me of my racism. God is faithful. I'm not the man I once was and I am not yet the man God is disciplining me to be.
    Sadly, I see blatant racism in Christians across this land. They speak out of ignorance and fear. They imagine they are justified, but in reality, they are spitting on justice and denying the sorrow and suffering of others merely because others have a different skin tone.
    It is sad that a Christian would ever see skin tone. We are brothers and sisters in Christ. And even if we are not brothers and sisters in Christ, we are all image bearers and we are called to love our neighbors as ourselves.
    So, I am doing something. I have taught in the inner city with hundreds of different cultures and children whose individual story is unique. I have cared when some got cancer and died. I have wept when others died in a gang related attack. I have rejoiced when many graduated and went on to college and form families. I rejoice when people stop seeing skin color and start seeing humans whom God created and desires their reconciliation with Him. I call everyone to reconciliation with the King. And no one is so far gone that God cannot reach them.
    I am doing something. I am in the heart of the city where God has placed me as an exile. I daily pray for the peace of the city and I wept over the destruction that has recently happened.
    Finally, your opinion of what I do is irrelevant to me. I don't answer to you. But, I do answer to my King. May He never see me judging his creation and separating his image bearers by the color of their skin. May he keep rooting out the latent racism that resides deep in my being.
    If you think I don't look myself in the mirror and call out racism in myself, you are wrong. However, when I see the wickedness of my soul, I call out to God for forgiveness and repentance. May we all do likewise.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Particular

Faith:
    Baptist
    Again...I am not talking about an organization. This needs to be set straight.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  13. Particular

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is divorced from the organization. I have stated it repeatedly. No one seems to hear.
    Black lives matter because they are image bearers who need assistance.
    The organization known as Black Lives Matter is a corrupt organization that does not speak for all black lives.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So you are doing nothing about psycho cops and wolves in sheeps clothing. Neither is Greear. All he is saying is that it is okay to vote Democrat again in Minneapolis and Seattle and all the other big cities ruled by white Dems.

15. Particular

Faith:
    Baptist
    While you wait, stand side by side with those who are calling for justice. Don't be silent. Don't speak evil of George Floyd because he struggled with addiction. Call out for justice for George Floyd, who was an image bearer and by all accounts had a saving faith.

• Like Like x 1
  16. HeirofSalvation

HeirofSalvation Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Why?
    Not really.
    There is practically no meaningfull racism on the part of white believers, or non-believers at this point....
    what "racism" is this that you speak of????
    The five people on storm-front??
    The 25 total folks who are still members of the KKK?
    White racism isn't a real thing in this country, as soon as you people get that, everything will be fine.
    Whites have neither the time, energy, nor inclination to care about melatonin count in inhabitants of this country.
    We're just trying to not get imprisoned for insufficiently paying our taxes, while simultaneously almost sole-handedly populating the U.S. Marine Corps.
    What "wrongdoing"?
    The alleged wrongdoing of a few cops somewhere in Minnessotta?
    The cops who have already been fired, charged with crimes and officially investigated?
    What do you want? a lynching without due-process??
    The allegedly guilty party has already been arrested and charged.
    He will face a prosecution in court.
    Why don't you walk away with that and do something meaningful?

In a country of well over 350 million people....there's a few racists.
    Not many....a negligible amount.
    This country is the most accepting, non-racist, and fair-minded nation in the HISTORY of planet Earth.
    It's not "perfect"....
    But, have you ever gone to Japan?
    Have you been a white person in a Japanese company head-quarters and seen an opulently made stairwell which has a sign reading: "for 'Japanese' only....all non-Japanese take the other stairs"?
    No, you haven't, because you have no idea how insanely racist the rest of planet Earth is, and cannot appreciate how true it is that the United States of America is comparatively, the most accepting and non-racist Nation in the entire history of the world....

Independents are the people who know and believe absolutely nothing...and can't figure out the fundamental difference between right and wrong.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Particular

Faith:
    Baptist
    LOL, your narrative is funny. Keep digging your hole and sticking your head down in it.

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Your narrative is just Democrat pandering since you don't want to do anything about wolves in sheeps clothing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    That makes sense. Yes, black lives matter. So do Hispanic lives. And Asian lives. Even white lives matter.

And all need assistance. White people being killed unjustly by police are no less in need than black people in the same situation. And more than not it is a white dude getting shot by the police.

It was a white guy with his hands up that was the object of 18 rounds fired by two black officers (killing the guys 6 year old son).

It was a white guy that called for help and was suffocated by being restrained, handcuffed and face in the dirt for 14 minutes while he cried out they were killing him.

The drunk guy in the video crawling to the police as directed, begging them not to shoot, was unarmed but killed anyway.

Out of the 86 deaths of kids with toy guns shot by police 50 were white.

Why exclude these guys?

Do they matter less because they are/ were white? Where is the outcry for those people who are/ were image bearers?

I do not deny that there is racism and this needs to be addressed. But we cannot combat racism with racism. That is wrong.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  20. RighteousnessTemperance&

Faith:
    Baptist
    Where in any of that did you explain how you address systemic racism? All you did was show that you were raised racist and had to repent and now you project that onto others.

Your opinion of what others do is irrelevant, not only because you are not the Judge, but because you are not knowledgable enough here to judge. You should stop trying to and repent.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.