1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Shooting at Baptist Church in Sutherland Springs, TX

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by InTheLight, Nov 5, 2017.

1. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    SUTHERLAND SPRINGS, Texas - A man who opened fire in a church in Sutherland Springs, Texas, Sunday morning is dead, police say.

A witness reported seeing a man walk into First Baptist Church and began shooting around 11:30 a.m.

Police said there are "multiple victims" at the church, but have not said how many.

The FBI and Texas Rangers have secured the area around the church and are investigating.

Man who opened fire in Sutherland Springs church now dead, police say

Sent from my Motorola Droid Turbo.

2. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Reports are saying 24 dead. Some reports are saying 27 dead.

<praying>

Sent from my Motorola Droid Turbo.

3. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I'm reading the same numbers as you ITL and it breaks my heart. :(

4. Rant

Rant Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    MMMM>> apparently the shooter was not from the area, he was from outside of that area.” A Drive by shooting , this church was out of the way and a very easy target !! But for Who??? MMM

5. Rant

Rant Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    They shot the shooter to death{Always no trail or no talk} so we will at least find out the bodies name!

6. Rant

Rant Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    IN NOAH's DAY - Genesis 6:5,11,12 ...'And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. The earth also was corrupt before God, and the earth was filled with violence. And God looked upon the earth, and, behold, it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted his way upon the earth.'

7. Rant

Rant Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    IN LOT's DAY - Jude 1:7 ...'Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.'
    So the earth in the days of Noah was full of people who rejected God and walked after their own flesh and served their own interests. And the earth was full of violence. And what about during Lot's day in Sodom? God's Word says that the people of Sodom had given themselves over to sexual fornication and 'strange flesh', which is homosexuality. So Jesus is saying that the world in the end times would 'mirror' what it was like in the days of Noah and Lot. Do we have a world like that today? Absolutely!

8. Rant

Rant Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Are You Rapture Ready?

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. Rant

Rant Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I will not pass this way again bible judgment>> IS AMERICA UNDER A ABANDONMENT JUDGMENT FROM GOD?

10. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's why I usually pack heat in church.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Read through history - today is no more evil than days past. From the beginning, man has worked against God.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Does Dr Tom have any Information?

He lives in Texas.

HankD

13. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    PRAY!

Latest:
    The suspected shooter who opened fire in a rural Texas church has been identified as 26-year-old Devin Kelley, federal and state law enforcement sources told ABC News.

Kelley is from New Braunfels, Texas.

The investigation into his background is unfolding. The suspect’s Facebook profile appeared to show a recent picture of an AR-15–style gun.

The U.S. Air Force confirmed Kelly served from 2010 until his discharge, which the Department of Defense's service verification website reports was in 2014. Ann Stefanek, an Air Force spokeswoman, said records confirmed Kelley served in the logistics readiness department at Holloman Air Force Base in New Mexico.

A source at the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives told ABC News the agency is searching for explosives at the suspect's home. The FBI is also searching the man's home.

Texas Department of Public Safety Regional Director Freeman Martin said this afternoon the suspect was wearing all black, including a ballistics vest, at the time of the shooting.

Martin said the suspect was found dead in his truck after running off the road near the county line after fleeing and being fired upon at the church by a resident. Investigators are unsure whether the resident killed the suspect or he killed himself.

Kelley lived at his parents’ home with his wife and child, according to neighbor Mark Moravitz.

Moravitz told ABC News he didn’t notice anything unusual about Kelly, but said he would sometimes hear gunshots coming from near that house in the evening around 10 or 11 o'clock, which Moravitz said was not unusual, given the area.

At least 26 people died and 20 were injured in the shooting. The exact details of how the shooting unfolded remain unknown.

ABC News' Gina Suneri, Luis Martinez and Seema Mathur contributed to this report.

Texas church shooting suspect identified

14. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    • Like Like x 1
  15. LowOiL

LowOiL Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I looked at a few of the liked pages the killer had on FB... lets just say it was not BB appropriate. Militant Atheist is my best guess... the antifa link some claimed I can not confirm.. One link to a voting record that he listed his party affiliation as "UAF".... What is UAF? United against Facism... sound familiar? Yeah, possible Antifa... but too early to know for sure.

Just bouncing ideas off in the forum.... time will tell. Also can not tell if pictures of things were photoshopped or not.

16. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Only someone who is determined to blame people they don't like would assume "UAF" somehow stands for Antifa.

Obviously UAF is an abbreviation for "unaffiliated."

Spreading unfounded rumors is not helpful.

17. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    What is it with Baptist churches and shootings? I don't believe this is the first time such a thing has happened at a Baptist church. This is very sad and the latest reports I have read say a couple of good folks with their guns chased down and ended the rampage by killing the shooter.

18. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    OBVIOUSLY???????? Seriously????

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Covenanter

Covenanter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Our response must be sadness, sympathy & prayer.

Rant's comments need a response, but not in this thread.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. LowOiL

LowOiL Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would abbreviate unaffiliated as "UnA" Not "UAF"... ABC news says unaffiliated is abbreviated as "UN"...

Abbreviation(dot)com page has most the possible listing for UAF and your meaning does not show up for some reason. But who knows. Like I said, just bouncing ideas off the wall here. That is what a forum is for right?

What does UAF stand for?

#20 LowOiL, Nov 6, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2017